Acadia Healthcare

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Acadia Healthcare Chairman and CEO Joey A. Jacobs

Joey A. Jacobs

The last few months were horrible and completely overwhelming and patient safety compromised.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Acadia Healthcare

ProsPay, pay, pay, pay, pay

ConsThey ask for your opinion but if it's not what they want to hear, you'll be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour leaving yourself wide open to a law suit.

love the patients

Mha (Current Employee)
Belton, TX (US)

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Proswonderful boss who is very supportive,love the pt's,great schedule

Conspay sucks and there is a lack of communication across campus from unit to unit

Advice to Senior Managementpay better to keep good employees,get rid of bad ones and communication is key.

Billionaires with no care

MHPP/Lecdt (Current Employee)
Trumann, AR (US)

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIts local, my fellow employees on site, and my patients.

ConsWhen Acadia bought my company I was exicted thinking it would be for the best. WRONG. They seem to not have a care in the world about employee. We are always short staffed, do not get paid enough and its less than 9$ an hour, I have never met anyone higher up than our local CEO but feel the wrath of all the choices they make to save a dollar, they dont seem to care about our children that attend their clinics because by the choice they make you can clearly tell, and they dont communicate with staff period!! Oh and they have an occurrence system a patient has the stomach bug gives it to you the supervisor sends you home but you get an occurrence! !! Ridiculous

Advice to Senior ManagementGo to a clinic and work for less than 9$ an hour in the classroom for a week and see what choices you make then. Communicate one on one with your staff. Cheaper better insurance and more pay. Due away with occurrence system and hire more people.

All down hill after take over.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
Ocklawaha, FL (US)

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLoved my job for a long time prior to take over. Working with clients was wonderful and I
could see the difference my work was making in their lives.

ConsWhen take over was in progress I was happy thinking the favoritism would be resolved and policy would change such as family working together and convicted felons would be removed from positions. All that happened was the top was given new titles. RN's replaced by inexperienced LPN's and new grads.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up. No doubt I will be reading about a sentinel event in the newspaper soon. What ever happened to exit interviews. After you have had an employee for yrs don't you wonder why in this job market they would quit Poor compliance with safety issues. Fall precautions safe detox. Multiple Med errors by incompetent staff overlooked and discarded. Large staff turn over.

Work with at-risk-kids, can be reward but also frustrating

Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare

ProsYou get to work with kids and hopefully make a positive impact on their lives. Working at the site is interesting because of the kids interacting but it is also a rather grim place

ConsFirst kid I worked with didn't listen to anything I said and was %100 defiant. Sometimes difficult to understand exactly where you fit in.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean up the main facility. That is my my main concern with Desert Hills up until this point just go

No management support, no morale among staff.

Program Counselor (Former Employee)
Louisville, TN (US)

I worked at Acadia Healthcare

ProsIf you enjoy working with troubled kids, then there are a lot of opportunities for you to counsel them.

ConsSupport from management is almost non existent, always short staffed, staff are in potentially dangerous situations with little help and at times single staffed when they shouldn't be.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe kids are the ones who are suffering. It isn't all about the money. That isn't why the Village was founded and it is on a downward spiral.

Worked for Acadia Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Acadia Healthcare reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Acadia Healthcare CEO Joey A. Jacobs. All 6 reviews are posted anonymously by Acadia Healthcare employees.