Accountemps
www.accountemps.com Menlo Park, CA

Accountemps Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.

Max Messmer Jr.

Pros:
  • "They offer online training to aid in experiencing new software"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Great for entry-level to low-specialized employees"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Secondly, No benefits, no insurance, no contract"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Not all temp jobs lead to full-time jobs, but this is to be expected at a temp agency and cannot be truly considered a con"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

5yr

Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee)
Deh

I have been working at Accountemps full-time for more than 8 years

Prosi was glad to receive your query in response to my reasons ,,. nd reasons to work at accountemps is i amgrowing my fture.

Consi came to know form your advertisement published in the hindustan times of 8th august

Advice to Senior Managementdo u r work ,with honesty

i m having experience in accounts because my 4 year is going on accounts

Junior Accountant (Current Employee)
Hyderābād

I have been working at Accountemps full-time for more than a year

Prosbecause i love accounts and i love to work as a accountant

Consi want the rest in the middle of the work nd starting of the job i wil be depressed

account assistant

Payroll Manager (Current Employee)
Delhi

I have been working at Accountemps full-time for more than a year

Prosi want to make my Carrier in finance and accounting

Consbalance sheet, income tax, payroll.

Advice to Senior Managementgrowth more

It is a good agency

Accounting Clerk (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Accountemps part-time for less than a year

ProsTher are very professional. They gave me some advices to improve my resume and also some advices about how my career path.

ConsIt took them 2 months to find an assignment. During the same time I also intervied with Robert Half but never hear anything back

Advice to Senior ManagementNO.

Satisfied - Efficient and quick

I worked at Accountemps

ProsA variety of interviews available within a reasonable time. Resulted in permanent job placement

ConsNot all temp jobs lead to full-time jobs, but this is to be expected at a temp agency and cannot be truly considered a con.

Very helpful

Accounting Clerk (Current Employee)
Saint Paul, MN (US)

I have been working at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey are invested in your level of satisfaction throughout the employment

ConsRobert Half probably gets say $35 an hour and pays you $10. That's the way the temp employment game is though

Great place to gain experience and start networking

Tax and Marketing Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Accountemps full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking for Accountemps allowed me to experience different career paths in a variety of work settings. Most assignments are temporary so there is no longer term commitment. Allowed me to meet several professionals and gain a wealth of experience.

ConsNot a good place to find permanent employment. Some assignments are work-to-hire but most are less than one year. It can sometimes feel like you are given the wrong assignments or that management isn't looking for what benefits you the most.

Feast or famine, depending on where the winds are blowing

Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor for more than a year

ProsWas readily able to obtain work in the mortgage industry where I had experience. Staffing managers were relatively easy to work with, although I rarely needed time off.

ConsMortgage is somewhat of an outlier for Accountemps, so once the market turned sour, opportunities dried up nearly completely, with hourly salaries offered about 20% lower than they had been. Staffing recruiters, of course, are competing to get the best talent to the clients at the lowest price, not to get you jobs that pay successively higher wages, so be mindful that their ultimate loyalty is to the client relationship and their own monthly numbers, as they too have to meet sales targets.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very Unprofessional

Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Accountemps as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey got connections to get you in a job if you go along with them.

ConsVery long wait to get my first assignment despite of testing and four intakes at different times with other 3 recruiters and team interview. After four months of wait and after constantly checking in and inquiring, I was just one body to fill a position they needed urgently as their other temp wanted out. Within my first week, I communicated that I didn't feel the employer was a good fit for my life and work balance and performing the job without proper tools for unreasonable number of hours including weekends was draining me . When I shared my difficulties to my representative, she requested I stayed on till another body was found to replace me and then she would find me another work. However, after 1.5 months, I was taken off the assignment immediately without any advance notice and no other job was lined up as assured. After all my phone calls and emails were ignored, I gave a 2-star review on the survey Accountemps sent me. Later, after taking this matter above, I was contacted by my representative, who said that she was offended by my bad review and that she assumed I was not interested in Accountemps helping me find another job. I let her know that I was still interested despite of my review that reflected my real experience and nothing personal against her. Since then, Accountemps seem to blacklist me and that I say is very unprofessional!!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't send surveys to candidates if you don't want to fix your own weak system and only want to hear sugar-coated ratings. Sorry! my ethics don't allow me to misrepresent what I observed personally and that defines my reality.

Avoid!

I worked at Accountemps

ProsNone. I do not have anything good to say about this company. You can find work quick but not any worth having a degree for.

ConsThey find you work quickly but give you a very misleading job description to what you will actually be doing. They use you to make a pretty penny. Do not recommend.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are clients too so treat them like it.

Worked for Accountemps? Contribute to the Community!

Accountemps Videos

Accountemps – Why Work for Us?

Accountemps is the world's first and largest specialized temp agency for accounting, finance and bookkeeping professionals. Our temporary staffing solutions connect highly skilled professionals with the best companies… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Accountemps reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Accountemps CEO Max Messmer Jr.. All 153 reviews are posted anonymously by Accountemps employees.