Achievers

www.achievers.com

Achievers Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Patrick D. Quirk

Pros
  • Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly(in 11 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any growing company, the only constant is change(in 6 reviews)

• Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity(in 4 reviews)

its great

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Calcutta

Prosfif i can do this job dn i vl fill great

Consthe downsides workers have to work more

Advice to Senior Managementtry 2 find more peoples

good nd co-operative staff

Sales (Former Employee) Vadodara

Prossuperiors nd co-workers are very kind in nature nd supportive

Consn a to this company to work in very good culture

Advice to Senior Managementlead followup is not strong

Amazing Culture / High-growth Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI've been here for about a year, and this company has the best corporate culture and positive energy that I've experienced in my 12-year career, by far. Everyone has been very welcoming and eager to share information as opposed to "hoarding" data for their own self-benefit. Out of work activities are fun, as are the activities that actually occur during work hours, lunch breaks, and at the end of the work day at the office. Love the yoga.

The people are great, the product is very easy to "get behind" and the company's growth potential in the industry segment is huge.

ConsAs with most high-growth companies with whom I've been employed, there are some minor growing pains ... like the parking benefits in SF could be better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced, fun start-up culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsAchievers is a great place to work for a young person. Here are some listed pros:
    - Most people are very nice, positive and inclusive
    - Company CULTure is fantastic; there is always something to get involved in whether it be community service opportunities, yoga, or drinks to celebrate a teammate's birthday
    - Fully stocked bar
    - Free lunch every day ordered via Seamless
    - The work itself is fun and positive because the company sells a great product
    - Leaders are approachable and kind

ConsWhile Achievers is a lot of fun, it's a lot of work too...
    - Work tends to pile up - it ain't a walk in the park to work here.
    - Not enough people for number of tasks and amount of work
    - Because things are constantly changing, much of the work is last-minute tasks with close deadlines
    - Pay isn't great
    - Work can be disorganized at times

The biggest point here is, like previous comments mentioned, Achievers has a start-up culture... for better or for worse. It's a lot of fun, but you can't have too much fun because at the end of the day, you've got deadlines.

Amazing internship experience!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI truly enjoy coming to work everyday! Achievers has a positive, upbeat and super friendly environment that made me feel at home almost immediately. As an intern, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I am learning extremely useful skills and building my resume daily. (No coffee runs for this internship!) I have been challenged with projects, and even get to interact with higher level management (VP level). On Friday afternoons there is social drinking in the office which has allowed me to get to know co-workers from different departments. As if that wasn't enough- you also get free lunch everyday, which was a huge bonus in my book. I am gaining amazing experience at a growing company. Can't stop bragging about how great my internship is!

ConsIf you don't like being social or meeting new people you would probably not do well in this environment. Also, things are always changing so adaptability is a must!

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

I love this company

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Proscoming from larger corporations, it's awesome to work for a company that is small enough to evolve quickly but large enough to offer you internal support (~250 ee's). Also, people really do "get it" here. Everyone understands that if our clients don't succeed, then we don't succeed. And everyone has a vested interest in our success...so you see people go the extra mile all the time.

Consif you are looking for the same thing every day....probably not the place for you.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your foot on the gas

Start Up Culture with New Exec Team

ProsFast paced workplace, that is leading the space for employee engagement. Achievers is full of smart people who are willing to do what needs to be done to make an impact.

ConsNew executive team seems disconnected to the vision of the company. A lot time is spent talking in circles instead of using existing employees as a knowledge center.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't loose touch with where the company was going before you got here, empower us don't micro manage us.

Achievers Employee Success Representative responded to this review

Jun 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

You’re right! As a high growth software company, things move quickly around here and we need awesome employees like you to
    ... More

Pure hypocrisy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossalary is paid on time

Constheir culture is pure hypocrisy. They make you work 10+ hours a day without overtime pay, and they give you recognition of what, $5 worth? and they kept saying how amazing their recognition program is.
    Yes they have celebration events but they are cheap and rarely happen.
    my manager, however, come at 9, leave at 5, sometimes 3 pm. and would chat with us from instant messengers just to see if you are still in the office working overtime. the leaders all seem to care about you, but they only want to make sure you are working like a slave.
    no promotion whatsoever after years of my extremely hard work. no appreciation of talents. They honestly think they are the best and you owe them a lot.
    If you ever leave the company, they will feel you abandoned them and will not like you anymore. They will ignore how hard you have been working for them and will even make up stories to insult you. I heard enough of them trash talking those who left. Now since I'm gone, I heard from my co-workers that my manager still often said awful things about me and said to give bad reference if I applied for any future jobs.
    If you complain, they will tag you as "not a good cultural fit" and they will let you go. The leaders hold 1-on-1 meetings with employees regularly for you to give suggestions with an open heart but it's all fake, in fact if you complain anything, they will remember you by heart and will almost guarantee your miserable future.
    oh there is one VP who loves stalking on people's facebook and constantly make fun of everyone, telling awkward jokes and we have to laugh and pretend to be happy. I feel sorry for him being so unprofessional without knowing his team actually hates him.
    almost all of my previous teammates have left, and the rest are thinking about leaving soon. They are smart and I'm sure they will have a better life than those who stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you want to be treated.

very limited growth opportunities

(Current Employee)

ProsLots of vacation days
    Free breakfast and lunch in office
    Good place for a junior level employee

Cons-Very low pay and nobody cares to discuss it as the managers will just tell you how great their benefits are (the benefits are just average in fact)
    -Nepotism: tends to hire Board of Directors' relatives
    -Boring work and very limited growth opportunities, doing the same repetitive things for 2+ years even if they kept telling me how much they encourage employee growth
    -Lots of long and meaningless meetings which nobody seems to care
    -Recognition is mostly on peer basis and it is rarely given to those who don't work very interactively with others
    -Very long hours and no overtime pay
    -Celebration events are boring and are mostly shows for clients
    -Corporate culture feels more like a cult. They force people to engage in things they are not interested in
    -Also, they very intentionally encourage their employees to write positive reviews here

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employee's talents or they will just leave. It is just a moderate company and nobody has to stay here.

Achievers Employee Success Representative responded to this review

Jun 04, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re happy to hear your thoughts on vacation and our breakfast and lunch perks. It’s important that we help provide the fuel for our employees to ... More

Great product, company culture and opportunity

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThere is a great team culture at Achievers, which starts with every employee having an understanding of what each department is responsible for. It is also fostered by senior leadership being very transparent about the company's goals and our progress towards achieving them.

ConsAs with any growing company, the only constant is change. So be prepared to roll with the changes - good or bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating with everyone and asking for feedback. It will be important to try to keep the same team culture as the company grows.

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!