Achievers

Updated 3 September 2014
4.2

Achievers President and Chief Executive Officer Patrick D. Quirk
Patrick D. Quirk

Pros
  • Great People - I'm very impressed that as a start-up everyone has a role and does their job amazingly (in 11 reviews)

• I truly enjoy coming to work everyday (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any growing company, the only constant is change (in 6 reviews)

• Extremely high expectations from senior management without any form of reciprocity (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

its great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calcutta
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calcutta

I have been working at Achievers part-time for more than a year

Pros

fif i can do this job dn i vl fill great

Cons

the downsides workers have to work more

try 2 find more peoples

good nd co-operative staff

Former Employee - Sales  in  Vadodara
    Former Employee - Sales in Vadodara

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

superiors nd co-workers are very kind in nature nd supportive

Cons

n a to this company to work in very good culture

lead followup is not strong

Great place to work with lots of opportunity to try new things

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

Having been here for a while I can honestly say this is the best place that I have ever worked. The growth has allowed me to constantly learn new things and try out roles that I would have never had the chance to try out. The culture of this place is second to none. It is a 'work hard, play hard' culture. While every company says they only hire A' players this place has some of the smartest people I have had the pleasure to work with. Overall the future is very bright for Achievers.

Cons

While Achievers does a great job at recognition, constructive feedback is few and far between. While the Employee Success team (our version of HR) tries to improve things, management seems to ignore all efforts to improve. The executive team does a poor job of setting goals and holding people accountable for their commitments. This causes a bit of friction between departments that are achieving their objectives and those that aren't.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Start Up Culture figuring out how to be a tech company

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are friendly, office locations are amazing, the market is in the middle of being disrupted. The board is also packed with experience.

Cons

Below avg salaries, mediocre perks, everybody thinks they are the best and brightest which is a bi-product of the recognition space we are in.

Raise the talent bar and decide on being a software company or not.

Great place to work hard and play hard!

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of perks and huge culture here. The opportunity to work with smart people and learn a ton. Great environment if you like to get things done - do it! You'll be rewarded.

Best decision I made accepting a job here!

Cons

If being proactive and moving quickly isn't your jam, Achievers is not for you. You need to be able to accept change and embrace it! No 9-5ers means exactly that!

Continue being transparent with your team - we love it. Keep having fun!

Amazing Culture / High-growth Company

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been here for about a year, and this company has the best corporate culture and positive energy that I've experienced in my 12-year career, by far. Everyone has been very welcoming and eager to share information as opposed to "hoarding" data for their own self-benefit. Out of work activities are fun, as are the activities that actually occur during work hours, lunch breaks, and at the end of the work day at the office. Love the yoga.

The people are great, the product is very easy to "get behind" and the company's growth potential in the industry segment is huge.

Cons

As with most high-growth companies with whom I've been employed, there are some minor growing pains ... like the parking benefits in SF could be better.

Fast-paced, fun start-up culture

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Achievers is a great place to work for a young person. Here are some listed pros:
    - Most people are very nice, positive and inclusive
    - Company CULTure is fantastic; there is always something to get involved in whether it be community service opportunities, yoga, or drinks to celebrate a teammate's birthday
    - Fully stocked bar
    - Free lunch every day ordered via Seamless
    - The work itself is fun and positive because the company sells a great product
    - Leaders are approachable and kind

Cons

While Achievers is a lot of fun, it's a lot of work too...
    - Work tends to pile up - it ain't a walk in the park to work here.
    - Not enough people for number of tasks and amount of work
    - Because things are constantly changing, much of the work is last-minute tasks with close deadlines
    - Pay isn't great
    - Work can be disorganized at times

The biggest point here is, like previous comments mentioned, Achievers has a start-up culture... for better or for worse. It's a lot of fun, but you can't have too much fun because at the end of the day, you've got deadlines.

Amazing internship experience!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Achievers as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I truly enjoy coming to work everyday! Achievers has a positive, upbeat and super friendly environment that made me feel at home almost immediately. As an intern, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I am learning extremely useful skills and building my resume daily. (No coffee runs for this internship!) I have been challenged with projects, and even get to interact with higher level management (VP level). On Friday afternoons there is social drinking in the office which has allowed me to get to know co-workers from different departments. As if that wasn't enough- you also get free lunch everyday, which was a huge bonus in my book. I am gaining amazing experience at a growing company. Can't stop bragging about how great my internship is!

Cons

If you don't like being social or meeting new people you would probably not do well in this environment. Also, things are always changing so adaptability is a must!

None

I love this company

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

coming from larger corporations, it's awesome to work for a company that is small enough to evolve quickly but large enough to offer you internal support (~250 ee's). Also, people really do "get it" here. Everyone understands that if our clients don't succeed, then we don't succeed. And everyone has a vested interest in our success...so you see people go the extra mile all the time.

Cons

if you are looking for the same thing every day....probably not the place for you.

keep your foot on the gas

Start Up Culture with New Exec Team

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

Fast paced workplace, that is leading the space for employee engagement. Achievers is full of smart people who are willing to do what needs to be done to make an impact.

Cons

New executive team seems disconnected to the vision of the company. A lot time is spent talking in circles instead of using existing employees as a knowledge center.

Don't loose touch with where the company was going before you got here, empower us don't micro manage us.

Achievers Response

Jun 10, 2014Employee Success Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

You’re right! As a high growth software company, things move quickly around here and we need awesome employees like you to
    ... More

Worked for Achievers? Contribute to the Community!