Acronis

Updated 5 August 2014
2.8

Serguei Beloussov

Vision and Action doesn't align... Simplicity meets Layers of Filters

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will gain the experience learning to do new things yourself when assigning with new projects.

Cons

There are too many layers in the organization, and the top are heavier than the ground staffs. And, communications are filtered, vision doesn't align with actions.

Simplicity is a good vision, but adding multiple layers only makes it more complex. I see only simplicity for the CEO to manage his own business, but adding complexity to the employees to follow.

Too many layers at the top (each having their own agenda)... adding too much workload to the bottom workforce will just push them away.

Company wants to move further, wants to drive growth but not looking at growing their own employees. I find that it is bad. From my feeling, you are treating employees like commodities... one goes, just hire another...

Great ambitions and potential, but management is too self-centered

Current Employee - Director in Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Director in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

After lots of turbulence, a very strong executive team headed by the owner/CEO was brought on board, with more stellar names being added regularly. Amazing development talent that can build great innovative products. Global presence, strongly international (and expanding), diverse product line.

Cons

Not really customer-centric beyond the Support function. Very bad at project management in all functions and in all levels. Siloed communications, very different culture in different locations. Top management is too pushy, and insists on knowing things better than you, doesn't trust experienced employees.

Stop pushing your decisions down the drain to your senior managers. Involve them into decision-making process, talk to them and appreciate their insights and feedback. They will respect you more and their loyalty will increase as a result.

Some great talent not given opportunity to excel

Current Employee - Acct Manager in Woburn, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Acct Manager in Woburn, MA (US)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Has some great people in the middle and lower management areas of the company who are the heartbeat and commercial engine of the company

Cons

Poor ego driven senior management who are more interested in gaining favour with the CEO rather than great execution and leadership. this together with disjointed process does not allow the real talent in the company to thrive

Concentrate on being great leaders not on the title on your business card

regional manager

Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

new opportunity to utilize my experience -
    build the channels

Cons

comp plan cut in half

work your plan and plan your work

Jun 11, 2014Head of Global HR

Please reach out to me, I would like to know more details about your comp plan concerns. To my knowledge no comp plans have been altered like that.

I think that Acronis is a company that is working hard to develop a top notch BR/DR physical, virtual and cloud offering

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A recognized product. Training is an adequate start, but new product roll outs could be better

Cons

The biggest con would be the lack of help with personal development within one's assigned area. The question arises, "does the company want me to make a career here, or just passing through?"

Train more. Be more clear on career opportunities within the company

Jun 11, 2014Head of Global HR

We recognize this as an area to develop and have plans to improve the employee development, training and career paths within 2014.

Great company that will be even greater

I have been working at Acronis full-time

Pros

Acronis is an all around great company. Whether you are looking for a place to start your career or you are a seasoned pro, Acronis is the place to work. Stagnation is the antithesis of Acronis. I firmly believe that in 2 - 3 years Acronis will be making MUCH more money than it does now and be MUCH more recognizable.

Cons

Salaries aren't great. But this is changing!

Loved my time there! Good Company

Former Employee - Sales in Milano (Italy)
    Former Employee - Sales in Milano (Italy)

I worked at Acronis full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good products, great environment, much fun!

Cons

Change in top management brought some uneasiness

A highly innovative technology company with bright future and lots of opportunity for professional growth.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Woburn, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Woburn, MA (US)

I have been working at Acronis full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Well-established, profitable fast growing global business operating in hot markets of Backup/DR and Mobility. Strong highly competitive products. Good benefits for employees. Continued professional growth for those who want to work hard. Lots of positive change in the last 6 months since the original founder came back on board as CEO.

Cons

Some minor troubles with overall direction for the business and subsequent change in Senior Management that occurred in the last 2 years. This resulted in uncertainty for some employees and probably some bad reviews, but has since been resolved completely. The business and internal culture are back on track and the future is looking very good.

Keep it up!

Jun 11, 2014Head of Global HR

Thanks for the good feedback. We have work to do and and I hope that since Serguei has been back for a year now you are continuing to see betterment all around.

Fantastic experience, excellent growth opportunities

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Acronis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities for growth. Just demonstrate your dedication and results, and you will have no problems with building your career. I joined as a junior support engineer and grew up to head of product launch operations.

Excellent people. I got know great professionals of all levels, from individual contributors to Senior VPs. The atmosphere was always comfortable to work in.

Excellent IT infrastructure that just works. Modern hardware equipment renewed regularly. Great tools and technologies - site-to-site VPN, stable VOIP with full range of options (smartphone support, worldwide call forwarding, etc), exchange-based email with web access. Might not sound special, but that stuff really matters. My job requires collaboration with virtually all offices across the globe, so robust and stable IT makes my job and job of my colleagues highly enjoyable.

I loved working here, recommended.

Cons

Sometimes directions change inconsistently, but hey, I bet it happens within most companies. And it all got much better after Serguei stepped back in.

Keep it up.

Disorganized environment

I worked at Acronis

Pros

Product good, Consumer product widely used, some good people internationally and good R and D. APJ and EMEA seem ok..

Cons

Has no clear or stated direction with a Sales and Marketing plan.
    Turnover is massive.. Greater than 40% annually with Sales even higher.
    No CEO with a long term commitment and a disorganized leadership team. Can be quite nasty also, where most are afraid to speak.
    Bizarre social media 'speak'.,

Get a decent CEO, a competent head of sales and some board members that can make a decision collectively rather than counting their $$$.