Act-On Software

Updated 24 February 2015
3.8

Raghu Raghavan

Best job ever

Current Employee - RSM in Roseville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - RSM in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software

Pros

The team at Act-On has created a work environment where all employees can be very successful. Benefits are far beyond any other company I've ever encountered. The software improves every two weeks surpassing our competitors by a long shot. All of the managers are very gifted at leading the team and teaching everyone to be very effective at their job. Hands down the best place to work.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, this is a great workplace!

Keep up what you're doing, we all appreciate you very much!

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at Act-On Software

Pros

Great compensation for top performers. Fun work environment with smart colleagues.

Best-in-class leadership

Cons

Need to add additional training for tenured sales people.

Best Decision I Ever Made

I have been working at Act-On Software

Pros

Playfully competitive environment, lot of high energy and a positive atmosphere
    Catered food, All-you-can-drink redbull
    Outstanding Mentorship programs
    Unlimited growth potential
    Extremely rewarding career

Cons

Not for the lazy. Either work hard when you're here or end up working long hours at the end of the quarter.

Control your own destiny

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited leads. Top notch sales training programs.
    Great benefits, Strong leadership team that cares about its employees.
    Competitive salary with a chance to earn large raises after periods of success.
    Strong focus on company culture.
    Working for a company on the path to going public is a wild but fulfilling ride.
    The quota structure is set so you can slowly walk into higher levels of goals but still make money while you are getting better at your job.

Cons

In order to make quota and survive in this competitive market you need to be a top notch sales person.
    This job is not for the faint of heart. You need to be constantly learning and evolving to stay ahead of quota.
    While you can do well without SAAS experience there is a sharp learning curve.

Keep up with the sales training you have made a commitment to this year. It is really helping.
    We appreciate the ability to bring management on deals we need help winning.

Great company, leadership, culture!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture - They hire the best which leads to a great competitive culture
    Leadership - The leadership team has a clear vision and the drive to help the company reach goals. Always willing to support their teams where needed
    Company- Great opportunity if you are willing to work for it! I like a culture that rewards those that work hard and this is exactly that. Lots of money for those willing to put in the work
    Training - extremely comprehensive training and ongoing enrichment. More investment in employee development than I have ever seen.

Cons

Start-up mentality - this can be a pro or a con depending on your work ethic. 10-11 hour days are the norm, but perks like catered meals, snack bar, etc make the days feel shorter
    Change is the only constant - again with rapid growth comes rapid change. Need to be open to a dynamic, changing environment. This can also be considered a pro or con depending on the personality.

Not a good place if you are looking for a 9-5.

Act-On great place to work

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Roseville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, culture and management. Forward thinking organization on the cutting edge of technology. Management really takes time to consider employees thoughts on improving the business in general. The company has a competitive compensation package and offers many perks (Trips, Presidents Club, Dinners, Team Events etc.). Marketing Automation is the hot space to be in right now.

Cons

Rapid growth can make it difficulty to get to know everybody. Competition is formidable but we are given the tools needed to counter and compete on a daily basis.

More product training is needed

They give YOU the tools to be your own boss.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Initially started with Act-On two years ago in Sales Development & transitioned into quota carrying sales. It has been a very beneficial experience for personal and career growth, but the things I enjoy the most are my colleagues, culture of the company, room for creativity, and free Red Bull.

There is tons of growth potential, the salary is Awesome- much above the average for Sacramento, and they value the work hard to play hard mentality.

Cons

When you first step into sales, it is very hard to manage work-life balance only because there is so much to learn. The more seasoned you become, the more familiar you become with the sales process and you become much more efficient with your time.

I will say this role is not for everyone- VERY aggressive vertical.

A lot of people come in with the expectation that the service sells itself. It does not- it is just like any other sales role.

Invest more time and money in training right out of the gate, but keep the focus on sales enablement.

Fun, exciting, Competitive and an energetic Enviroment

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

No matter where you work, the only factor is the people. From top management, to the new person that just started. The company culture is to hire self motivated, high achievers and good people. Any complaints that you see are biased on the individuals lack of talent, preparedness and willingness to put in the time. Work-life Balance is what you make of it, "how productive are you in a given period of time?" The future is bright and anybody on this bullet train is in for a crazy-fun ride. Accolades are the best part!!

Cons

On-boarding training could be more intensive
    On going best practices training on a quarterly basis
    More team related events for growth and plain old fun

More communication down line
    More involvement in the growth of the company
    Cross training with leaders, best performers and peers

Challenging and rewarding.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Performers are rewarded nicely and have the opportunity to earn a great compensation (salary/commission) and work from home days. More often than not good people work here. Some of the sharpest people I've met work here.

Cons

Frantic at times. They try to preach work/life balance but unless you are a performer, it's very hard to achieve. The comp structure does change often which can be annoying and troublesome. Some managers should not be managers as the company unfortunately falls into the "butts in seats" syndrome...which can also be reflected in the hiring of sales people. The turnover is high and one wonders how much time is wasted in getting someone trained when they could have been identified as a bad hire from the on-set. Good people also tend to leave due to not being able to hit the salary bumps or achieve better work/life balance. Long days 10+hrs are the norm unless one shows incredible consistency in hitting quota, only then more balance can be attained.

Involve top performers in the hiring process. Provide a better corporate training program, the current set-up is not doing well. Listen to feedback on the changes that are made. Client success team needs to perform better.