Act-On Software Reviews

Updated 19 September 2014
4.5

Raghu Raghavan

Great place to work

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, catered lunch 2 times a week, great people working with you.

Cons

Long days, feels like you are a robot sometimes if you do not make an effort to switch things up.

Let people work from home.

Just another outbound call center........

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Sacramento, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at Act-On Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people are nice and give 100% each day. The people make this place.
    Onsite lunches a few times per week.
    They try to make it fun.
    Good for kids out of college

Cons

They run it like a call center. Very metrics heavy and unusual for anyone who has sold real software. Similar selling strategies I have seen with WebEX or other simple tools. By cheapening the software they are basically only selling to companies who need something just a step above Constant Contact. All the sales come from motivational speakers or 1-10 headcount organizations.

Sales leadership needs a reboot. Turnover/terminations are way too high for the headcount.
    The CEO and some other C Level's are obviously detached from the sales org. Definite unspoken hierarchy. Once..NOT IF... the company is sold off it is easy to rid sales and not feel a connection. Hard to explain unless you work there.
    Quit telling employees that work life balance is in their hands and then expect them to work 55-60 hours a week. I;ve never seen the wacky hours they push down onto sales. Yes, sales is not a 9-5 gig but not everyday you should be working like it is end of quarter.

Just another start-up.....

I worked at Act-On Software full-time

Pros

Easy product to learn, understand and sell.
    Shares

Cons

Sales driven management with zero focus on organizational development. Like most start-ups, they sell the dream of being purchased.
    Senior management was all about "group outings"- another term for "lets get drunk on company time and money." Great for college students just trying to get by, not really for career seekers.

Growth is great, but focus on the end game....

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

National Sales Manager

Current Employee - National Sales Manager
    Current Employee - National Sales Manager

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Opportunity to make a lot of money
    -Strong/experienced/fair management
    -Feeling like you are truly making a difference in the growth of a company
    -Spiffs, prizes, contests, bonus', commission, trips and more
    -Great co-workers who support each other
    -Investment in employees through additional training on and offsite
    -Don't have to deal with all the corporate tape of larger organizations
    -Clear goals and objectives
    If you are driven and looking for a challenge this is the company for you!

Cons

This is a very ambitious company. We are growing rapidly and with that comes a lot of change. Some people have a hard time riding the waves and remembering that with the fun and excitement of a growing company also comes A LOT of hard work. With ALL jobs you have to take the good with the bad and it is up to you with how you choose to handle that.
    After reading some of my co-workers comments on the lack of work/life balance, I have to say the decision to balance your life is 100% in your control. If you are working 11 to 12 hour days and not happy about it, don't take the easy way out and blame the company but instead ask yourself if you are being as efficient with your time as you could be.
    I left a very large company to come to Act-On Software. I knew I was leaving a comfy yet complacent position for the unknown but I was also ready to challenge myself and see what I was made of. I love the quote below. In my opinion it is what Act-On represents for those ready to accept the challenge.
    "Don't Be Afraid to Work Hard to Find Out How Good You Can Really Be"

Continue to streamline processes and procedures. Would love to see the CEO visit the different offices a few times a year.

Relaxing Atmosphere, Great place to grow, Good Management

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Portland, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff here are very knowledgeable.
    The company is growing rapidly which allows room for growth.
    They make sure that you are well fed with their stocked kitchen and 3 times a week catering.

Cons

There does not seem to be a balance between work and personal life.
    Benefits could be a little better
    Wish there was a well defined training sessions for new hires

Great Culture with Promising Career Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager  in  Roseville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are many reasons I enjoy working at Act-On. For one, the culture is amazing. Everyone works together to ensure a great customer experience, start to finish. There are awesome perks like free snacks, coffee, and catered lunch twice per week.

The Sr. Management is very visible and present. If you want to grow within this company, all you need to do is let them know. They are extremely supportive and want nothing more than for their employees to succeed.

Cons

Because this is a new(er) company, standard processes don't exist for many things. The training I received was seriously lacking and it was really up to me to figure things out for myself. This can really be a Pro if you're looking for an easy way to stand out, but more structure from the start would have made things a lot easier.

Act-On values developers

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Beaverton, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Beaverton, OR (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Developers are well treated, respected and encouraged to find creative solutions to improve the current implementation without fear. It takes time to transform from a startup to a more organized, disciplined company but I can see improvements every week.

Cons

Lots of ideas/work, not enough developers, need to hire more/quicker.

Fast paced work environment - Never a dull moment

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager  in  Roseville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are phenomenal! As a start up environment, everyone here works with a common goal in mind: Success in the Marketplace. This encourages cross functional teams to work together through collaboration and experience. Hard working management and individual contributors make for a stellar team. Being a part of Act-On is being a part of a family.

Cons

Internal training is a challenge but if you are a hands-on learner and ready to jump in then it would be a good fit. No 401K match is disappointing.

I would like to see the Executive team make more of a presence in our office. It would be nice to have them join our team meetings or conduct meetings with the various teams. It would make me feel like they have more of an interest in our day to day and understand our successes as well as our pain points. 401K match would be outstanding.

Exceptional Leadership, Talented Committed Colleagues--Love Act-On!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

At Act-On we work hard with talented, smart collegues who are driven, smart and building an amazing business. Incredible product that is changing the landscape for businesses around the Globe. Great management team who really work hard to help you learn the business, to excell and free lunch a couple days a week, continuing education. Lots fo love about Act-On. Work smart, play hard environment where you are rewarded generously for doing a great job. Great contests, perks, trips all add to a competitive environment of top tier sales professionals. You will laugh, work hard, play hard, know that your colleagues and managers support your wins and you will make good money if you are passionate about how we are changing businesses for the better. If you are the best you belong at Act-On.

Cons

Very long hours--however life/work balance is being addressed as we speak. We are now transitioning to more balance and we are all very happy about this.

I would love to have our CEO come visit. How awesome would that be. We all admire him from afar but would love to have him come to locations and share occasionally with us. Office employee exchanges would be an interesting to share best practices. Please continue to respect and believe in your people and they will drive the business forward. Keep our culture and environment inspiring, uplifting with continual growth.

Great Company, Amazing Growth Opportunity!

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer  in  Roseville, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Roseville, CA (US)

I have been working at Act-On Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for Act|On for about 8 months now and I can honestly say I have NEVER worked for a better Company. Enjoyment in a career was not something I had ever known and Act|On really opened my eyes to the possibilities. I now look forward to going into the office every day and knowing that my contribution will help to create something greater. At this point I do not see a ceiling for how far myself or Act|On can go and I am glad to be a part of it.

On a personal level I feel that the Management really cares about my family and I, and that means a great deal.

Cons

At this point I really do not have any cons that I can speak of.

Worked for Act-On Software? Contribute to the Community!