Aegis Living

Updated 15 December 2014
Updated 15 December 2014
4.5

Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

• It really makes for a healthy, productive and forward-thinking work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day (in 5 reviews)

• no Cons that I can think about it (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

You feel like part of a great team that is making a difference.

Current Employee - Transportation
    Current Employee - Transportation

I have been working at Aegis Living part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employees are treated with respect and their opinions and ideas are valued. The culture motivates you to do a great job and to assist others with their work. You feel like your contributions are recognized and that everyone can make a difference.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. I understand that my review is pretty one sided, but that's been my experience so far. Other than standard challenges, things are pretty good.

Keep up the good work!

Happy

Current Employee - Driver in Laguna Niguel, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Driver in Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The workers and the residents at aegis are the best. Everyone is very friendly. I look forward to going to work.

Cons

None. There are no cons. Every thing is great.

Have a good day

Employees are treated with respect

Current Employee - Management in Fremont, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Management in Fremont, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The atmosphere in an Aegis building is a feeling you don't see in many Assisted Living communities. The employees and management are well taken care of with good pay, benefits and respect. From the head of the company, Dwayne Clark to management and staff, everyone cares about each other and the seniors that live in the communities.

Cons

The only con would be if someone wanted an affordable Independent living apartment and could not afford all of the amenities an Aegis community offers.

Keep up the good work

Love Aegis!

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

I love working for Aegis! Their primary focus is providing an outstanding quality of life for their residents, and they do an amazing job. In addition, they are wonderful to their staff. Besides providing the necessary training, they continuously reward their employees with gifts of appreciation, from gift cards, to pizza parties, to an annual holiday dinner.

I so appreciate working for a company that aspires to be the best and ahead of the competition in every way. What an honor to be a part of Aegis!!

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

None.

Two sides of same coin - lots of autonomy to work independently but modest structure makes decision-making inefficient.

Current Employee - Corporate in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Corporate in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living

Pros

Lots of room to work outside of the box to accomplish great goals.

Cons

Very little dialogue on HR topics once you've been hired.

Add some efficiency in reporting internally so we can keep up the fast pace without multiple parties duplicating work.

Should give opportunities for career advancement

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time

Pros

Training for Med tech is good

Cons

Career Advancement was not considered

Internal Promotion should be considered

Growing too fast...

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best IT department I have ever worked with.. if it is broken, David and his crew knew that is our life in the community, and took care of it! Many programs that support teams in the communities to include Potato Soup foundation, Winterfest and so on. Really the finest effort in that regard.

Cons

Senior management who do not have a clue to the industry is at best frustrating and at worst, dangerous! Abusive language and manner in upper management create fear in subordinates, not greater function. Hiring just because of degrees not experience and personality only looks good on paper. It does not work. Allowing super-size ego to drive decision making will continue to dog your progress. Job seekers, in choosing to read all the pro comments, please be aware that many are with in a very short time frame giving rise to suspicion they were created not by happy employees but by the Redmond office staff under direction of upper management!

When you hire, look for industry or at least long term care experience. Hire the best people for the job, then listen to what they tell you. Cronyism does not serve you well. Focus on money, not people does not serve you well. The pervasive attitude that if we get caught on survey we will change it is not in company, resident or even bottom line best interests!

Aegis Living Response

Nov 03, 2014Sr. VP, Human Resources

We appreciate all feedback as one of the nation's leaders in the assisted-living industry. I've worked in leadership for Aegis Living Human Resources for 10 years and I know that when we hire, we ... More

Concierge

Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Aegis Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The team environment that they create is very helpful. You make some great friends and receive a lot of support from your manager.

Cons

Not enough pay and they give you more responsibilities than what you applied for.

People are finding other jobs because of such low pay.

Best Place to work!

Current Employee - Business Office in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Business Office in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's always an adventure! Never a dull moment! Very rewarding coming in and being able to take care of our residents.

Cons

getting close to our residents and then losing them when they pass

Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've never worked harder in my life, but I love coming to work each day. My residents and my team feel like family, and I truly enjoy being with them daily. I like that no two days are ever the same. There have been various challenges throughout the years, but I do feel like hard work, talent, and passion have been recognized and rewarded, and the company has been increasing it's efforts in this area. It's not a job you can do half-way. You have to pour your heart out to be successful, but working with other driven, passionate people is what gives me the energy to come to work each day.

Cons

In the past, I do feel that the company struggled with adequately supporting staff in their roles. More recently, I have seen huge strides made in improving the support and appreciation given to staff at all levels.
    Due to the nature of the industry, days can be long at times.