Aegis Living Reviews

Updated 22 October 2014
Updated 22 October 2014
4.6

Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • The thought of being able to spend my day with the kindest residents really makes me excited to come to work everyday (in 5 reviews)

• It really makes for a healthy, productive and forward-thinking work environment (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day (in 5 reviews)

• no Cons that I can think about it (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Growing too fast...

I worked at Aegis Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best IT department I have ever worked with.. if it is broken, David and his crew knew that is our life in the community, and took care of it! Many programs that support teams in the communities to include Potato Soup foundation, Winterfest and so on. Really the finest effort in that regard.

Cons

Senior management who do not have a clue to the industry is at best frustrating and at worst, dangerous! Abusive language and manner in upper management create fear in subordinates, not greater function. Hiring just because of degrees not experience and personality only looks good on paper. It does not work. Allowing super-size ego to drive decision making will continue to dog your progress. Job seekers, in choosing to read all the pro comments, please be aware that many are with in a very short time frame giving rise to suspicion they were created not by happy employees but by the Redmond office staff under direction of upper management!

When you hire, look for industry or at least long term care experience. Hire the best people for the job, then listen to what they tell you. Cronyism does not serve you well. Focus on money, not people does not serve you well. The pervasive attitude that if we get caught on survey we will change it is not in company, resident or even bottom line best interests!

Concierge

Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Aegis Living part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The team environment that they create is very helpful. You make some great friends and receive a lot of support from your manager.

Cons

Not enough pay and they give you more responsibilities than what you applied for.

People are finding other jobs because of such low pay.

Best Place to work!

Current Employee - Business Office in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Business Office in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's always an adventure! Never a dull moment! Very rewarding coming in and being able to take care of our residents.

Cons

getting close to our residents and then losing them when they pass

Aegis - Working hard to enhance the lives of its residents and staff

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Redmond, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Redmond, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I believe that there is a very supportive work environment. They believe that employees come first and it shows! This philosophy translates to better performance from staff which residents see and appreciate.

Cons

Training can always be enhanced but overall Aegis works hard to make it happen with quality effort.

Continue to protect the culture that the company was founded on.

Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've never worked harder in my life, but I love coming to work each day. My residents and my team feel like family, and I truly enjoy being with them daily. I like that no two days are ever the same. There have been various challenges throughout the years, but I do feel like hard work, talent, and passion have been recognized and rewarded, and the company has been increasing it's efforts in this area. It's not a job you can do half-way. You have to pour your heart out to be successful, but working with other driven, passionate people is what gives me the energy to come to work each day.

Cons

In the past, I do feel that the company struggled with adequately supporting staff in their roles. More recently, I have seen huge strides made in improving the support and appreciation given to staff at all levels.
    Due to the nature of the industry, days can be long at times.

Making a difference

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I wish I would have joined Aegis years ago. I have the opportunity everyday to do something that matters in this world and really makes a difference in people's lives. Aegis also compensates well and offers good benefits so I can take care of my family. The company is managed well and offers career opportunities. It's also a really fun place to work.

Cons

It is tough to see residents and families go through such difficult scenarios.

I love working for a company that is rewarding in the work we do and acknowledged by all levels of management.

Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Ventura, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Concierge in Ventura, CA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's great working for a company where everyone shares the same passion. Everyone in our building, from the dishwashers to our General Manger, are enthusiastic about the elderly and doing all they can for them. There is also a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. The perks of working here include all meals always available for a dollar, full benefits and a 401K option. On top of our sick and vacation pay we get appreciation days, too!

Cons

After working here long enough the residents and their loved ones become your family, it's hard to lose them.

As with any company, my advice would be to immerse yourself in the day to day operations of Aegis. Don't forget the people at the bottom, even if you're at the top.

Beautiful place and beautiful people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Aegis Living is a forward-thinking organization dedicated to giving its residents the very best. Relationships are genuine. Service is at the forefront of everyone's mind. This is a very positive place both for employees and residents.

Cons

The environment is high-speed and can be stressful. Some residents are difficult given their diagnoses.

Keep doing what you are doing! You are incredibly supportive!

Best job decision ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Great opportunity for growth. Great people. Awesome work to personal life ratio. Challenging positions to keep you interested, creative and thinking.

Cons

I don't have any cons that I can think of. company needs to put more money and effort into older communities.

Keep moving forward and continue to push the envelope

Great Company

I have been working at Aegis Living full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly Staff
    Working with residents
    Room for Growth
    Management is very approachable and open to ideas

Cons

The only con is that residents pass away.