Aegis Living

www.aegisliving.com

Aegis Living Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Dwayne Clark

Pros
  • Aegis is made up of a family of co-workers making life better for each other, residents and families(in 7 reviews)

• It truly is an employee first company in every way(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It's a lot of responsibility to provide the best care and service for seniors which requires having enough employees to give their 100% every day(in 5 reviews)

• Best company around, there are no cons(in 5 reviews)

A great community full of wonderful employers and employees!

Maintenance (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsAll the employees are kind and curious. The managers and other head staff are understanding and try their best to work for you. There are many rewards the staff can enjoy, they tend to come through little things like free soda everyday or a granted day off to help your family; this is extremely rewarding compared to a one and done celebratory party. (Although they do those too)

ConsIf you lack social skills it can be hard to interact with the employees and residents. You have to be able to organize and manage / prioritize your work because the days can sometimes defy the best schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou all have been doing great, you've taken suggestions into account and have provided great incentives to us employees.

Excellent company to work for!

General Manager (Current Employee) Carmichael, CA (US)

ProsThe support from the home office is amazing. We are surrounded by wonderful talent, in beautiful communities. We are encouraged to be innovative and grow in our positions. I cannot imagine a better place to work.

ConsThe only downfall to this type of work is growing close to our residents and then losing them. Although this is a part of life, it doesn't make it any easier.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing!

Fantastic Company to work for.

Marketing Director (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsAegis Living is an employee first company that believes that if employees are happy and given the best environment to work in with great pay and benefits, they will in turn give the best care to the Aegis Living Residents.
    The company offers fabulous training and many opportunities for advancement.

ConsThere are no Cons. The company continues to be innovative in providing the best in the Senior Housing Industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Rewarding

Health Services Director (Current Employee) Aptos, CA (US)

ProsAegis hires people who have a passion for service to the elderly. We work together as a team and really show interest and concern for our employees. This also is felt and seen at the corporate level.

ConsI have found none. I continue to feel supported and appreciated for the work that I do. Our home office is open and transparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust continue to support and acknowledge all of the employees as you have been doing all along.

Aegis Living

No Comment (Current Employee) Aptos, CA (US)

ProsExcellent company culture. Supportive management. Flexibility and promotional opportunities.

ConsBest company around, there are no cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the excellent work!

Doesn't feel like "WORK"

ProsIf you share a passion for Seniors and want to help by working in a loving environment, Aegis Living is the right company for you. It does take a lot of emotional and physical work, but worth it when someone calls you their adopted grandchild or simply show appreciation and gratitude. The company is growing, and they are open to suggestions and ways to make things better for employees, residents and family members.

ConsThe only thing I would say is limited opportunities to grow and advance in your position. Since we are growing, I hope to see more opportunity for growth in the future.

A rewarding experience!

Life Enrichment Director (Current Employee) Aptos, CA (US)

ProsThere is considerable flexibility in terms of your own creative approach on the job. I have been fortunate to be able experiment with various activities for my residents to improve the quality of their experience. This is something that is really important to me. In terms of promotions, the general manager appreciates talent and is keen to promote the right people if they show dedications and resolve.

ConsThe cons come a little in conflict with the pros, they don't necessarily have to, but in this case they do. I think at the local level our company would benefit from more clearly defined structure. This could improve the integrity of our teams to function especially under high stress situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company values are the core of our organization and what really sets us apart. If we can strengthen those core values through a little more structure, flexibility in our approach, and resolve then the sky is the limit for our team.

Marketing Director

Marketing Director (Current Employee)

ProsThis is a company that welcomes people who like to lead. They are super entrepreneurial and welcome ideas from all staff members no matter what your position. The people we serve are amazing people and we try to make each day special for them. I balance work and family with kids and have found the management flexible and accommodating. It's hard to put a dollar value on that. Salary is competitive though with others. I had another offer and took Aegis because it was better and I got a great vibe from my tour and interviews.

ConsI don't think that most people give this industry a look because they stereotype. Aegis is not a company that people should stereotype.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to see more interns so that we can get young people interested in this industry. We all know the impact of the baby boomers and the "silver tsunami" that's headed our way. Young people can learn a lot and give a lot.

Excellence in assisted-living care that also translates to excellent employees.

Public Relations Director (Current Employee) Redmond, WA (US)

ProsWhen I first began, the people here welcomed me with a special sign on my office window and immediately I felt like I was part of the team! It's a true family here and the people are absolutely wonderful!

ConsIt's a challenging industry but by working hard and generating results, what a rewarding experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementOne of the best things about management and I encourage them to continue it, are the "stand-up" meetings on Mondays where we go through the CEO's positive messages and personal responsibilities etc. Excellent motivator to begin the week!

Started great, went downhill.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work if you have the right people.

ConsValues have declined over time. Training is dismal with no oversight. Leadership turnover was dubiously high and accountability frighteningly low.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey don't take advice. Especially from employees.

Worked for Aegis Living? Contribute to the Community!