Aerotek

Updated 25 January 2015
3.2

Aerotek President & CEO Todd Mohr
Todd Mohr

Pros
  • With hard work, there is the potential to make a lot of money in Recruiting & Sales (in 24 reviews)

• Potential to make a lot of money as Recruiter or Account Manager (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are looking for work life balance, Aerotek is not the place for you (in 96 reviews)

• No work life balance- Your work a minimium of 45 hours a week (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

NOT BAD FOR WHAT IT IS: A TEMPORARY HIRE AGENCY

Former Employee - Material Handler in Appleton, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Appleton, WI (US)

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was nice working first shift knowing what had to be done on a day in day out basis. The pay was not terrible for what it was ($12 per Hour). The staffing agency was very up front about the chances of being hired (slim) by any of the companies they were supplying with workers. You also know what your shift is on a day in day out basis (8 1/2 Hours for 1st and 2nd Shifts).

Cons

-Low Pay (certainly not bad for a Temporary Hire position, but not enough to live on)
    -No real chance for advancement/being hired by the Organizations they staff for.
    -During the first year, you are only authorized two vacation days.

As long as Aerotek remains honest about the chances of being hired on by the companies they provide for, I see no problem with this company. This was a temporary work opportunity before I decided to return to school to finish my degree and the agency was very upfront and honest about what the job would be.

Jan 06, 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience working with Aerotek! Your feedback is really important to us.

Insurance Navigator

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

The recruiters appeared to care about the employees.

Cons

It hard to get mileage reimbursed.

Jan 25, 2015

Thanks for your feedback ! We are very happy to hear about your positive experience.

Great place to work at.

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Great training and professional development.

Cons

Family health benefits are not the best.

Great place to learn the staffing industry.

Jan 19, 2015

Thank you for sharing. We are very happy you enjoyed working at Aerotek and we wish you best of luck with your new career!

Great Company

I have been working at Aerotek

Pros

Excellent people to work with

Cons

I cannot think of a thing for this entry

Jan 23, 2015

Thank you very much for your comment. We are delighted to hear you have had a wonderful experience working with us.

Aerotek Professional Services

Former Employee - Membership Representative in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Former Employee - Membership Representative in Des Moines, IA (US)

I worked at Aerotek as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They are there for you every step of the way! Aerotek genuinely cares about their contract employees! Communication is great and they even reward their contract employees with lunch for doing a great job!

Cons

Full-time employees that work for the client company (company you work as a contractor for) aren't very friendly. It's really a toss up depending on where you are placed at. I personally didn't like the stigma that came with being a just a "temp"
    Length of assignments are short, unpaid holidays.

Jan 16, 2015

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Please email [email protected] with your concerns and we will follow them up. Thanks!

Working at Aerotek

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Aerotek is a fantastic company. They are genuinely concerned for their people and do a great job showing it. They are very responsive and quick to assist their employees with whatever needs they may have. My experience with them was nothing less than stellar!

Cons

Didn't find any cons with this company.

You are doing a great job from my perspective!

Jan 14, 2015

Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad to hear you have had a wonderful experience working with Aerotek. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Aerotek has seemed a fair contracting company to work for compared with other contracting companies.

Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Saint Paul, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Laboratory Technician in Saint Paul, MN (US)

I have been working at Aerotek as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

-Recruiter keeps in touch to see how things are going
    -Benefits, but $1-$2/hr starting wage lower than recruiting firms that don't offer benefits
    -Accrued time off (unlike other contracting firms at my company)
    -Quick answers when I have questions about pay, benefits, raises, and future opportunities

Cons

-Depending on the company, contractors can be treated differently, or even looked down upon by those with positions directly at the company
    -Found out later, I may have been qualified for higher positions, but they wanted to get me in a position as fast as they could. Maybe waiting a bit would have afforded a better opportunity.
    -They tend not to have much insight into what is actually happening post-interview, and prior to job offer. I waited 4 months for a job they thought I would be offered, but was instead offered to someone else. Just somewhat of a lack of visibility - not a big deal, and probably not much in their control.

Jan 12, 2015

Hi, thank you so much for sharing your experience working with us. It will help us improve our future service. Please email us at [email protected] with all of your concerns and we will forward ... More

The Very Best people to work for in the employee placement industry! But......... the insurance not so much

Former Employee - Welder
    Former Employee - Welder

I worked at Aerotek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are friendly, supportive, out going and very professional. The pay was top notch bar none starting me at $20/hr. Nothing bad to say other than their choice for insurance carrier (see cons) especially thanks to Chelsea G. at Aerotek's Appleton, WI office who really went the extra mile and made it such a pleasurable experience. Truly are great people. I can honestly say the BEST I've ever worked for. They treat you like human being and like a brother/sister.

Cons

I only point this out because i know how important it is to a lot of people.The insurance options that I was given were of the lowest standards. It seemed good when I opted in for it but soon after I was regretting it. Premium was over $40 per week and didn't cover much of anything. I still had to pay full price for my medications and majority of doctor visits/fees, and after filing claims for what i was suppose to be reimbursed back for, I sadly have yet to see any of it reimbursed back to me. Although I suppose that this is really not Aerotek who's at fault yet they are the company offering this "optional" benefit.

Offer better Insurance package for your temp/placed workers. the Aerotek recruiters and direct employees get better insurance and would be fair to offer all employees same insurance

Good for Short Term work

I worked at Aerotek

Pros

Flexible with scheduling based on client's needs.

Cons

No benefits to speak of. Health plan is offered, but can get better coverage through Affordable Care Act exchanges.

Jan 06, 2015

Thank you for your comment! In order to address any of your concerns please email us at [email protected] Have a great day!