Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated 18 August 2014
Updated 18 August 2014

2.6

Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Co-workers are great, fun place to work (in 4 reviews)

• Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I didn't see our district manager for almost 6 months (in 5 reviews)

• The company and upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company, Some Flaws

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

Pros

Great business
    Excellent industry - Weddings are really a lot of fun, and nothing is more central to a wedding then the dress.
    Competent higher level employees

Cons

Company went through so many changes recently, and isn't what it used to be. They are moving down to Florida, and are letting go some of their best employees, just because someone there doesn't want to split their time between their house there and PA.

Didn't offer a ton of programs for employees, not much company culture.

Don't put one over on your employees and make them feel used... it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

Highly Competitive

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist  in  Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

Pros

They now have immediate compensation for sales.

Cons

High competition between stylists caused tension

Fairly distribute clients

Good Company to work for!

Pros

Such a fun job! Making every brides dreams come true. Good Sales training. Typically every Alfred Angelo has a great staff.

Cons

Most of the time you work odd hours of the day and the pay is pretty low for what you do!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just OK

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Tampa, FL (US)

Pros

Great coworkers
    Good discount if you need a dress or accesories

Cons

Terrible management and corporate team

Start caring about your customers!

Shady Management

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Bridal Stylist in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Pros

It was fun to work with brides on their special day. I enjoyed getting to know people and helping their dreams come true. Also fun to see the styles of the products.

Cons

Management is extremely shady - and by that I mean that they do not respect people and will do anything to get a dollar for themselves. Do not care about employees and were known to physically STEAL from the store and were still promoted. Bonuses and raises promised were a joke because I never saw a dime. You do not receive commission for about 4-5 months so if you plan on working there as a student it is not really worth it. I was extremely disappointed with management that I chose to leave the store out of good conscience so that when the managers do go down for theft and altering sales numbers that I will not go down with them. It is extremely political and if you disagree with practices in the office you will probably get falsely written up and then eventually fired without cause.

I am not entirely sure how the management has not been fired or arrested yet, so my advice to them is to clean up their act. They have a strong sales team who are capable of making the store a great deal of money but instead of using their assets they continue to support illegal practices by their employees and promote those who are known to steal. I would have fired those who committed these offenses and promoted those who actually cared about people.

Worst Company to work for! Don't do it!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

The only thing I learned from this Job was the kind of manager I would never want to become. Definite growth.

Cons

The pay is awful, no loyalty. I urge anyone considering this Job, make sure you its your last resort. This company is a lot of lies. The quality of the product is terrible. They make you lie to customers, "the dress is made to order" not at all true. They do not have there managers backs and will make you the bad guy and them the hero. The customer is not number 1 here. all I can say is do not do it!!! This is a dead end Job as well.

It's a great job for college students.

Current Employee - Third Key/Bridal Stylist  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Third Key/Bridal Stylist in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Pros

The people are great! Sweet, funny and caring. All these things help to create a great, supportive team. You also earn commission which is nice benefit.

Cons

True the company needs to update their computer systems. There should be benefits for full time employees and shouldn't be a hassle to acquire those. Even though you receive commission on your sales it can take up to six months to reap the benefits.

Continue to support your team and they will continue to work and be happy.

WORST BRIDAL COMPANY YOU COULD POSSIBLY WORK FOR

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Boston, MA (US)

Pros

HAPPY CUSTOMERS - WHEN THEY APPEARED

Cons

If you have dreams of becoming wedding planner, stop. Do not enter.
    If you think that selling beautiful dresses to brides will make you customer service dreams come true? STOP this place is not for you.

This company does not care for its employees nor its customers. With cheaper quality fabric as each season passes, and dresses that arrive way too early. " Made for you this is not" NOTHING is especially made for you, they have these dresses premade, almost like the t-shirts you buy from the Gap (mind you the T-Shirts are of better quality than some of these pieces)

The management is incompetent, the computer systems are archaic, they simply do not care in any shape or form.

move into 2014, stop selling lies,

Bridal stylist

Pros

Commission
    Promised hours
    Building relationships with your brides
    Working in my career related field
    Trying to fill up space now

Cons

Horrible management with horrible sense of time management
    No one listens to the needs of the employees. If you do voice your opinion, it's just to have it shut down by the view of the manager.
    Micromanaging at it's fullest.
    I feel like I'm under so much pressure to sell that even my brides can see it. Things run much smoother (and just as successfully monetarily), yet more productively and efficiently when the manager isn't there.
    Always overbooked. Saturdays are mandatory.
    I work well over 40 hrs a week, yet I'm still considered part time, which also means no benefits.
    Given responsibilities of a management position without the pay raise or promotion.
    Commission doesn't arrive until the merchandise hits the store.
    Continuous back tracking for all methods of anything done in the store.
    Systems are outdated. Though they work for the remedial needs we have, they're still fairly inefficient.
    I work in a smaller store in a smaller area, so booking appropriately is a must!!! Know your limits!!

Poor Upper Management

Former Employee - Stylist
    Former Employee - Stylist

Pros

Flexible hours, it's pretty easy to ask for less / more hours, as long as you notify the manager in advance, it's usually OK.

Cons

It takes about 1 year to see why employees run away from this company : They don't treat their employees well. We are just replaceable goods to Alfred Angelo. I was one of the best stylists in the store, very good seller, accommodating, willing to do the dirty work, ..... even willing to admit my mistakes!! But funnily enough, the Store Manager made things more difficult for me when I started to do well. Most of the time I was just punished .... for doing things right.

If you are a CEO or Vice President, please be careful about who you hire as District managers (They are the ones who will hire Store Managers). And bad Store Managers will drive away some of the best stylists there are. They bully the nicest, well-meaning, and professional stylists. Just because they feel threatened, Just because they want to be the ONLY one to make sales. They steal the Stylists' commissions. And when I tried to communicate and work things out with them, I get more negativity and punishment.

So unprofessional. Are we back in kindergarten?

Worked for Alfred Angelo Bridal? Contribute to the Community!