Alfred Angelo Bridal

Updated 30 September 2014
Updated 30 September 2014
2.4

Vincent Piccione

Pros
  • Co-workers are great, fun place to work (in 4 reviews)

• Family owned loyalty but corporate consistency and professionalism (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • District Manager plays one associate and or manager against the other which creates a lot of drama (in 7 reviews)

• The company and upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Magical

Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Stylist in Tampa, FL (US)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very exciting helping brides find their dream gown .. opportunity to move up / career

Cons

work every Saturday and most Sundays ..

get updated computer systems .. put money back into stores appearance

Pretty good company to work for

Current Employee - Store Manager in Birmingham, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Birmingham, AL (US)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Treats employees well. Family owned business

Cons

Hard to get a raise. Not a very good bonus.

Stores in our district are profitable but near the bottom of the chain.

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Dressing women for a special occasion. Disney collection is beautiful. Bridesmaids dress are reasonable priced and easy to sell. All Alfred Angelo brides look beautiful on their special day.

Cons

No perks. No personal growth. Sales Associates are called Stylists. Really!! Consultants, maybe. We have been trained to be nothing more than well dressed Used Car Salespersons. District Manager plays one associate and or manager against the other which creates a lot of drama.

Please take the time to read Glassdoor reviews. There is a common thread that links them all.

worst job at the worst company with liars for managers

Former Employee - Sales Girl
    Former Employee - Sales Girl

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The ONLY pro is helping the bride and her family and bridal party during a very special time in their lives

Cons

Horrible store & district management. Terrible pay for what is expected. The pay is at the level for someone working at Forever 21 who comes and goes punching a time clock. The responsibility and accountability is of the level of a Sales Account Executive at any respectable company with regard to sales goals and accessory sale mandates. Stylists are required to sell preservation kits to brides and are criticized and penalized if they dont. The store is so dirty & we have to clean the walls (they won't repaint) and the carpet is filthy. I hate seeing barefoot brides and babies crawling on this carpet.... Can't trust management. Sales goals unrealistic and unattainable. Commission not paid unless the bride pays for and picks up her gown. If she cancels the dress order, you don't get paid on the money the bride paid to order her dress. The company keeps all her money and you are out of a commission. The store manager does not support or defend her sale people and she tells the district manager lies to make herself look good, because, after all, nothing is her fault. The district manager says whatever she has to in order to settle down an employee, and she never follows up with any action on what she says she will do. I don't know why she even bothers to come visit our store. She spends all of her time on the phone or in the back room. She is too above getting to know her employees. She and the manager just sit back there and eat or gossip. Sales people are extremely competitive and will do whatever they can to steal a sale or take someone's turn for a customer and the manager doesn't care as long as the sale is counted towards her weekly goal. No reasonable/logical assignment of sales people to new customers. We are supposed to call a bride three times and follow up by email if the bride doesn't answer her phone. We are required to pester these brides to get them back in the store. They left the store without buying something for a reason people!! Salespeople have a minimum of 5 to 10 return appointments per week or you can get written up. (We barely get 10 new customers during the week..hahaha) We are supposed to get the name, telephone number, address and email of every customer who walks in the door, even if they just want to look around or pick up a catalogue. I guess it is to artificially create customers. This just makes people suspicious--why do they have to give out their personal information just to look around The district manager says it is so we can track them. People who want to look around do not want to be tracked...do you? The manager has a chicken little the sky is falling way of managing her employees and customers. The bride is supposed to be the focus, but the manager makes it all about herself. That Undercover Boss stuff was just fake. If the company has all that extra money, why don't they pay us instead of inflating their ego on tv? That president drove a pretty nice car and he gave away alot of money..except for the black guy that supposedly got to spend some time drawing dresses. I supposed they picked out the lesbian and the gay guy to show their support for gay marriage--that sells more dresses to more people. I work for Davids now...I heard bad things about them when I worked at Alfreds, but at least they are good to us and the pay is so much better

clean house and pay attention to the people that sell your stuff...you might have a big paycheck or drive a fancy car but you don't have a clue about what its really like with real customers and you think your sales people are disposable hourly come and go workers we have to build trust with a bride. Something management obviously will never build with their sales people

run away fast

Current Employee - Bridal Stylist

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

there is not a good reason to work here. Now I am filling up words to meet 20 minimum

Cons

everything is wrong here. They say this is a sales driven organization. How so? This company does not value its sales staff. We are the ones who generate revenue yet are dismissed as replaceabe

stop trying to impress investors and start trying to impress your employees

Great Company, Some Flaws

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Great business
    Excellent industry - Weddings are really a lot of fun, and nothing is more central to a wedding then the dress.
    Competent higher level employees

Cons

Company went through so many changes recently, and isn't what it used to be. They are moving down to Florida, and are letting go some of their best employees, just because someone there doesn't want to split their time between their house there and PA.

Didn't offer a ton of programs for employees, not much company culture.

Don't put one over on your employees and make them feel used... it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

New management team. Not sure the choices were good.

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal

Pros

Helping brides can be fun. Paycheck. A few paid holidays. Not open late. Closed Christmas Eve. Short hours on holidays.

Cons

Old stores in desperate need of paint, furniture and carpet cleaning. Stores fixtures reflect a very dated and masculine image. Computers use DOS. So old it's embarrassing. New management sneaky and not to be trusted. New President overly concerned with his looks on TV's Undercover Boss. Not a good choice for moving forward that's for sure.

Note to President. Stop looking in the mirror and focus on your stores. No. We don't want to wait 2 more years for paint, clean carpets and basic supplies and something other than a DOS system.

Bridal Consultant

Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Bridal Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's like playing dress up and getting to know and bond with other co-workers can be fun.

Cons

The pay isn't great. Consultants get blamed when sales are down when really it is due to issues higher up. You don't get your commision on the dresses you sell until they get to the store which can take up to 4 months. If you leave the job you won't get the commision you have coming to you. Raises are hard to come by. Computer system is outdated

The bridal stylists who sell the dresses and ultimately make the company their money should get much better pay and they should recieve their commision even after they have left the job.

Highly Competitive

Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Bridal Stylist in Cherry Hill, NJ (US)

I worked at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They now have immediate compensation for sales.

Cons

High competition between stylists caused tension

Fairly distribute clients

Good Company to work for!

I have been working at Alfred Angelo Bridal part-time

Pros

Such a fun job! Making every brides dreams come true. Good Sales training. Typically every Alfred Angelo has a great staff.

Cons

Most of the time you work odd hours of the day and the pay is pretty low for what you do!