Allstate

Updated Jul 21, 2014

3.1 1,189 reviews

Allstate Chairman, President, and CEO Thomas J. Wilson II

Thomas J. Wilson II

Pros
  • The work life balance is ok in some departments and under good managers(in 140 reviews)

• My current department offers work from home once a week which is great(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is sorely out of wack for exempt personal(in 19 reviews)

• upper management likes the best (usually a friend or family member)(in 33 reviews)

1,189 Employee Reviews

Good Place to Work

Test Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore

Pros-Well equiped work place.
    -Lot of Management opurtunities accross all lines.

Cons-not for learners.
    -needs lot of process improvements.

Advice to Senior Management- need to get more projects

good

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore

Prosemployee friendly,cultural activities and CSR given preference

ConsLow pay,not good office builiding...........................................

Advice to Senior Managementgo for talent and skills not for communication skills only

Best for freshers new career

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Delhi

ProsBest For new Freshers for career growth
    good environment, Company in good shape

ConsLess hike
    Senior people are not good enough

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have their own responsibility

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company to work with..

Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsJob satisfaction, Work-life balance, Good transportation facility, work culture is good.

ConsFood is not good. No onsite opportunity.

Advice to Senior Management-

Good place to work.. good learning opportunity and possible great prospects

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore

Pros1) Growth prospects are good in Bangalore Allstate, since its a new set up and is growing rapidly.
    2) Good work-life balance, free cabs morning 9:15 - 6.15pm :- No one stares at you if you leave at 6pm.
    3) Senior management is open to employee suggestions and encourage employee friendly policies.
    For example: Company had "formal" work attire policy. Due to employee feedback, they recently revoked the policy to allow casuals throughout the week.
    4) Good infrastructure : Honey comb structured cubicles. Loads of cubicle space. refreshment breakout tables and chairs provided close to workplaces. Actual "Ergonomic" chairs provided. everything is the same as in the US home office.
    5) Nice work culture as of now :- hope it stays the same. No politics encouraged as of now.
    6) Good salary offered :- given the requirement, they are ready to pay well for good resources.

Cons1) Food :- No good food available. 98% people rely on carrying their lunch boxes.
    2) Since its a new facility, it would take time to get everything in place and up and running.
    3) No onsite opportunities, since the home office folks are already part of same organisation.
    4) Variable pay :- Paid in full 100% or more. But cycle is from Jan- Dec, and they pay in March(quite late). Note: - Even if you put ur paper down on March 30th , you dont get paid 1 full year's VP. If you put your papers on April 2nd, you serve notice and get out after 2 months. So u miss out "minimum" Jan- May end (5 months) variable pay. Basically dont count the variable for a year, if you resign.

Advice to Senior ManagementVariable pay policy needs to be changed. This is the only unfair thing in Allstate Solutions Private limited now.

Excellent Company for a stable career

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore

Pros- Great Culture
    - Good Management
    - Good place to learn and grow along with the company

Cons- New company, so don't expect everything to be in place, good opportunity to explore your leadership and put things in place
    - Admin systems still in the works

Advice to Senior Management- Tap into the abilities and talent of your management team. Don't run it in silos.

Excellent environment to work in

Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsThe organization in India is less than a year old, but has grown fast. It has Strong Management, is trying to incorporate an empowered culture and an Effective Reward and Recognition program - High 5.

ConsSense of urgency has to be accelerated and the US teams tend to be bogged down in the 'old' way of doing things. The systems and processes in India are typical to a start-up environment and tend to cause frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed new blood and people who can look at things with a fresh pair of eyes in Home Office

Allstate Bangalore: Dont confuse it with Allstate, US

Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsNot much pros to talk about except few good chairs and infrastructure.

Cons1. No Work-Life Balance
    2. Negligible KT for new joiners, for such a complex system.
    3. Poor poor Pay and management thinks they are one of the highest payers, lol.
    4. Multiple projects for one resource. Hectic.
    5. Old technology all the way, company full of mainframes.
    6. Worst facilities,not even good snacks counter, filthy cabs, no lunch facilty- not even paid, everythings closed after 7, stay late at your own peril. Even cabs are not provided on time if you get late.
    7. No Onsite.
    8. Poor systems to work on, network desktops with too many issues and lag.

To sum up all, it is quite different than what Allstate actually is, its more of a rigorous cost cutiing centre or a step child of Allstate Chicago. Too much expected of an employee without giving proper business knowledge, company spends a lot on seats, sofas and chairs, but completely ignorant about employee facilities. Most of the policies are puzzling. None of the fortune 500 company features. Admin guys get the onsite but not the software people, just imagine.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher Higher management needs to collect feedback from the employees not the managers just below them to evaluate the condition of ASPL.

Amazing experience and a great place for an internship, especially your first one.

Intern (Current Employee) Northbrook, IL (US)

ProsCompany values people greatly, both customers and its own, therefore people are incredibly friendly and understanding of your needs. Great work/life balance and opportunities to take initiative and grow. In my experience, this is not stereotypical paper filing and coffee retrieval, but you are actually a full member of the team for 12 weeks.

ConsThe Allstate "nice" culture can actually work to become a negative. People are so friendly that this often leads to passive aggressive behavior and lack of communication when an issue arises.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure interns have regular check-ins with their managers with emphasis placed on consistent communication and feedback.

Friendly, Caring, Co-operative, Relaxed Environment

Accountant (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood middle management
    Good colleagues
    Allows additional vacation time (tax-free) or cash (taxable) in lieu of HSA balance

ConsBenefits are OK. Life insurance is self paid and mandatory.

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!