Allstate

3.1 1,042 reviews

Allstate Chairman, President, and CEO Thomas J. Wilson II

Thomas J. Wilson II

1,042 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "The work life balance is ok in some departments and under good managers"
    in 129 reviews
  • "Good benefits including pension and 401K with company match after 3 years"
    in 55 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work/Life balance can be tough, especially for single mothers"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Performance review is predetermined based on force ranking by upper management"
    in 31 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good Company to work with..

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

ProsJob satisfaction, Work-life balance, Good transportation facility, work culture is good.

ConsFood is not good. No onsite opportunity.

Advice to Senior Management-

Good place to work.. good learning opportunity and possible great prospects

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros1) Growth prospects are good in Bangalore Allstate, since its a new set up and is growing rapidly.
2) Good work-life balance, free cabs morning 9:15 - 6.15pm :- No one stares at you if you leave at 6pm.
3) Senior management is open to employee suggestions and encourage employee friendly policies.
For example: Company had "formal" work attire policy. Due to employee feedback, they recently revoked the policy to allow casuals throughout the week.
4) Good infrastructure : Honey comb structured cubicles. Loads of cubicle space. refreshment breakout tables and chairs provided close to workplaces. Actual "Ergonomic" chairs provided. everything is the same as in the US home office.
5) Nice work culture as of now :- hope it stays the same. No politics encouraged as of now.
6) Good salary offered :- given the requirement, they are ready to pay well for good resources.

Cons1) Food :- No good food available. 98% people rely on carrying their lunch boxes.
2) Since its a new facility, it would take time to get everything in place and up and running.
3) No onsite opportunities, since the home office folks are already part of same organisation.
4) Variable pay :- Paid in full 100% or more. But cycle is from Jan- Dec, and they pay in March(quite late). Note: - Even if you put ur paper down on March 30th , you dont get paid 1 full year's VP. If you put your papers on April 2nd, you serve notice and get out after 2 months. So u miss out "minimum" Jan- May end (5 months) variable pay. Basically dont count the variable for a year, if you resign.

Advice to Senior ManagementVariable pay policy needs to be changed. This is the only unfair thing in Allstate Solutions Private limited now.

Excellent Company for a stable career

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

Pros- Great Culture
- Good Management
- Good place to learn and grow along with the company

Cons- New company, so don't expect everything to be in place, good opportunity to explore your leadership and put things in place
- Admin systems still in the works

Advice to Senior Management- Tap into the abilities and talent of your management team. Don't run it in silos.

Excellent environment to work in

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

ProsThe organization in India is less than a year old, but has grown fast. It has Strong Management, is trying to incorporate an empowered culture and an Effective Reward and Recognition program - High 5.

ConsSense of urgency has to be accelerated and the US teams tend to be bogged down in the 'old' way of doing things. The systems and processes in India are typical to a start-up environment and tend to cause frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed new blood and people who can look at things with a fresh pair of eyes in Home Office

Allstate Bangalore: Dont confuse it with Allstate, US

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than a year

ProsNot much pros to talk about except few good chairs and infrastructure.

Cons1. No Work-Life Balance
2. Negligible KT for new joiners, for such a complex system.
3. Poor poor Pay and management thinks they are one of the highest payers, lol.
4. Multiple projects for one resource. Hectic.
5. Old technology all the way, company full of mainframes.
6. Worst facilities,not even good snacks counter, filthy cabs, no lunch facilty- not even paid, everythings closed after 7, stay late at your own peril. Even cabs are not provided on time if you get late.
7. No Onsite.
8. Poor systems to work on, network desktops with too many issues and lag.

To sum up all, it is quite different than what Allstate actually is, its more of a rigorous cost cutiing centre or a step child of Allstate Chicago. Too much expected of an employee without giving proper business knowledge, company spends a lot on seats, sofas and chairs, but completely ignorant about employee facilities. Most of the policies are puzzling. None of the fortune 500 company features. Admin guys get the onsite but not the software people, just imagine.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher Higher management needs to collect feedback from the employees not the managers just below them to evaluate the condition of ASPL.

Great Company

I have been working at Allstate

ProsGreat company to work for. Excellent facility. Good benefits.

ConsThere is nothing that I can think of as now.

Employees Well-Intentioned--Mgmt Not So Much

Northbrook, IL (US)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOpportunity to work on many varied projects. Benefits are good.

ConsPersonal agendas undermine project goals. Seems mgmt is only concerned with protecting their ASS-ets in case the project doesn't deliver. Happens all the time. Not isolated.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees regarding past campaigns. Every new mgr revisits the same issues with the same approach that didn't work previously. Of course, the results are the same. Apply definition of insanity here...

great company

Finance (Current Employee)
Santa Clara, CA (US)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat company for employees and good working environment

Consno doubt for cons. great company

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good company over all

I have been working at Allstate

ProsAllstate is a good company for work family balance, hours are flexiable. Most jobs are ok

ConsManagment, lots of Process, directions are not always clear.

Challenging job

Medical Pay Inside Claims Trainee (Current Employee)
Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Allstate full-time for less than a year

ProsAllright pay for someone straight out of college, reasonable hours, benefits.

ConsVery high traffic in phone-calls, lots of training needed, mandatory insurance license

Worked for Allstate? Contribute to the Community!

Allstate Videos

Allstate – Why Work for Us?

We do everything we can to encourage, enhance, provide tools and promote growth in ways that are good for all, so we reach greater heights together. You’ll be part of a company that’s innovating new products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Allstate reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Allstate CEO Thomas J. Wilson II. All 1,042 reviews are posted anonymously by Allstate employees.