Amazon.com

3.3 3,282 reviews

Amazon.com Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos

Jeff Bezos

(2,287 ratings)

Pros
  • Good opportunity to learn a lot in a particular area of software development(in 101 reviews)

• Density of talent: Some really smart people spoiling their careers here(in 306 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is not at all sorry to screw people's work-life balance for itself to excel(in 540 reviews)

• There is literally no work life balance inside this company(in 125 reviews)

3,282 Employee Reviews

Senior Product Manager

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsAll is well. Its high time the company also starts focusing on providing training to people who wants to internally grow than just expecting people to learn everything on their own.

ConsWork life balance. Learn to work on week days and week ends.
    Cut throat performance management - There is hardly any space for mediocre performance. This leads to lot of attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen making too many changes in management, take an informed decision. That is where other big companies like GE and HSBC wins.

Wonderful. A good place if you want to keep learning and have challenging work environment.

Software Development Engineer I (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsThe high employment bar means you will work with wonderful people. There is no dearth of good work either.
    If you start enjoying this atmosphere, you will grow and grow.

ConsMostly hectic schedule. Relentless high standards. Keep pace with everyone else or you would not see yourself grow. As a developer not just development skills but leadership skills matter as well.

Learn at the cost of your life

Software Development Engineer In Test I (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsYou learn a lot within a very short time span. Every employee is considered as a leader. Smart co-workers, awesome technologies and much more

ConsTerrible work life balance. There are lot of politics involved behind the scenes. You have to take care of your life otherwise the company just use yourself. Beware!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo think that employees have life too. You are losing smart & hard working employees at a faster rate and this is not good for the company.

SDET is a development role, you expect us to write strong code and have absolute development skills. But managers are simply making SDET's to do manual QA, product releases for a very long time. Managers should understand this and should put right people in right roles.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not employee friendly

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsGives good exposure to large scale business and operations. decent pay.

Consno work life balance. Working from India, one is treated like cheap labor. the quality of work and life is significantly different in Seattle and India.
    people expect you to work and deliver result, but nobody will talk about employee welfare or improving services and facilities. spending money on employee is against the principle of frugality, the company follows.
    Interacting with personnel department (for allowances, claims) is a pain. Response is very poor.
    thing get worse after u quit. luckily for me, i had few good friends on my team, who helped me with the stuff after i quit.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDevelopment is quick if you are motivated

ConsHectic shift timings, uncomfortable cab services.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore friendly and humane approach towards employees will do wonders for the company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

a fun place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosfun,good values,good peers,nice office,salary nice

Consslow growth,sometimes too much work

Salary

SSE (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsWonderful Salary and other benefits

ConsNOthing till this moment here

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing

*Productive Teams

Cons*Compensation
    *Biased Management
    *Slow Growth in career

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer growth of employees should be given importance.

SDE-1

SDE1 (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsNice company to work, Lot of new things to learn. Challenging work.
    Amazon pays good. Facilities are good.

ConsI think lot of operational work is there. Unbalanced work life balance.

Wonderful place to work

Content Associate (Former Employee) Chennai

ProsGood working environment. Each Friday is fun friday

ConsNot recognised by my manager.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!