Amazon.com

3.3 3,293 reviews

Amazon.com Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos

Jeff Bezos

(2,294 ratings)

Pros
  • Good opportunity to learn a lot in a particular area of software development (in 101 reviews)

• Density of talent: Some really smart people spoiling their careers here (in 306 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is not at all sorry to screw people's work-life balance for itself to excel (in 540 reviews)

• There is literally no work life balance inside this company (in 125 reviews)

More Highlights
3,293 Employee Reviews

Unprofessional, unrespectful environment

Software Development Manager (Former Employee) Bangalore

Pros- Good talent pool
    - Decent salary

Cons- Politics
    - Company does not care to control politics as long as work gets done
    - No bothering about quality - just deliver and fix later
    - Starting from a Director level, people gets kicked out for no reasons if the top management decides so. Performance ratings are not justified.
    - Bad managers probably illusioned by the company culture
    - Finally no respect for your quality software, development methodologies and management strategies effectively nullifying you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing can change unless you change

Interview

Vendor Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood prospects for the new guys

ConsDOnt know prospects for the long term

One of the best places to work at because of the work culture and the things it does for its customers

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsAmazing Company, Best work culture, I love the policies placed for the customers and the lengths to which Amazon goes for its customers and delivers the orders for them. It will do anything to deliver the items to the customers and customer satisfaction is of the top priority to this company and it is indeed the Earth's most customer centric company.

ConsInitially the work culture was great but as time passed by new managers got hired who previously worked for a different company. They started imbibing the culture from their former companies into Amazon's work place which made the life of large group of employees hard and most of the them resigned from their positions because of the change in work culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement in Hyderabad - Know more about how Amazon works and what the culture in Amazon is and then try to follow and imbibe the same culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at amazon

Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Prosvery professional work environment where you feel you are still in your college. Lot of happenings all around.

ConsSalary hike is not that satisfactory. Individual growth is not in par with the growth of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink of individual employee growth within the company.

Good Company to work for

Senior Device Associate (Current Employee) Chennai

ProsOppurtunity to wok with great and talented people in a vibrant environment

ConsCareer Growth is not up to the mark

Work hard have fun and make history. That's what we do.

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsAmazon is a place where you are allowed to explore, invent and simplify. you learn you grow, and you make an impact on millions of lives. If I look back at my 2 years with Amazon my learning curve is almost a vertical line and so is every one's. I love it here.

Conswork life balance is something you have to take care if.

Summer Internship at Amazon

Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Chennai

ProsEven as an intern, I had a say in many team decisions and my opinion were always honored.

Cons(This must be relevant only to the India branch) The infrastructure is not good. Proper leisure space and food court is absent.

Advice to Senior ManagementAmazon has a good number of employees in India and so it should think of getting its own campus.

Good Company, stable job, good learning, very less perks for employees

Software Development Engineer I (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsJob stability
    You learn a lot
    Good work
    Good salary
    Nice people to work with
    You see the impact of your work
    You learn to do hard work
    Work culture is good
    Flexible timings

ConsVery less perks for employees
    very little appraisals unless you are being promoted
    Work/Life balance is not good
    Company offers you good amount of holidays, but your work won't let you use those.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnnual appraisal process can be made more generous to make employee retention more successful

Amazing

Transaction Risk Investigator (Former Employee) Hyderābād

ProsFlexibility of the work schedules is the best part of the work.
    The work environment is pretty competitive and friendly, you would always like going to the office.
    Most of the managers are very friendly and like encouraging good work.
    The medical benefits provided are top notch.

ConsCompensation that is given out is a little disheartening. Especially after the hard-work you put in day in and day out. I'm sure that's a strategy that comes into picture since India is supposed to provide cheap labor.

Good experience

Support Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

Prosfor start up its a good company

Consworking hrs is not defined

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!