Amdocs

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,007 reviews

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros
  • Work-life balance can easily be maintained in a company like Amdocs(in 63 reviews)

• The work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure(in 94 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends(in 137 reviews)

• Management seems proud that there is no work life balance(in 37 reviews)

1,007 Employee Reviews

No Processes, pathetic work life balance

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Pune

ProsSince this is a product based company, the learning curve is good and also the in hand salary is better.

Conswork life balance is worst.. the company has no value for employee and they care only about profit margins.
    People are only "resources" @ AMDOCS. The company holds not even CMMi 3.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management keeps blind eye to work life balance although everybody is aware of the situation.
    The Israeli management does not care so its not a point.

Good work culture, Less payer, less travel opportunities

ProsGood work culture, friendly management, good food

Conslearning is slow, travel opportunities reduced to greater extent, low compensation, less growth

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate relocation policy where few employees are at site from years and employees in DVCI getting almost no travel opportunities

Good to Bad

4)very good trainings

Cons1)very captive
    2) Typical type of work
    3)Hard walled organization
    4)work/ procecees and procedures very much only for the organization. Not useful for market.
    5) Very bad worklife balance

Advice to Senior Management1)People should be moved from one department to other.
    2)come out of departmental structure.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work at

ProsGood company for starting career also provides good environment

Conssalaries are issue just like other companies though

Truly Employee caring Employer

SME (Current Employee) Pune

ProsThe work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure. Employees are well taken care of. Food is amazing. There is no discrimination at any level, do reach to anybody if you need

ConsOne does not get good and logical work always, I am satisfied with the work but this is a general opinion.
    I don't have good experience with HR department, very slow and sluggish in employee referral policies.

Good place to work in

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Pune

ProsGood opportunities to work on various technologies and gain exposure. Flexible timings, enough work to keep us busy the whole day. Good travel opportunities in some teams.

ConsLong work hours most of the time. employee benefits reduced recently. Initial team placement not as per the experience. Lots of work available only in shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider keeping employee benefits comparable to the recent past.

Good policies but no challenging work

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Pune

ProsThe company has very fun filled environment. Good policies. no work pressure, Onsite travel opportunities, relocation chances etc.

Consvery similar type of work you will be continuing for years and years. No challenging work. You will loose your technical skills. Lot of work. You need to sit late if required, You need to show responsibility very fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to avoid Politics.

It is good company for those who want there life settle down.....

ProsGreat inhouse facilities like free breakfast, subzudized meals, free snacks and many more things to enjoy........ Good place to work culture is good.

ConsIncompetetive work. work is not matched according to the role. Internal Job posting sucks

Advice to Senior ManagementWork Match with the qualification. Deputation is a issue

Good for beginers

ProsGood for freshers & beginners

Consappreciation is a big problem

Good company for starters

Programming Senior Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Pune

Pros1. Its a product based company, hence not much to learn from the technical terms, but you can have a good business domain knowledge
    2. Innovative company
    3. Very wide departments, so easily can jump from one to another
    4. Employee friendly

Cons1. Not much of technical knowledge to learn from
    2. Difficult to climb up the ladder if you are not expert and have good team leading exp.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeen with them for two years and loved most part of it.

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!