Amegy Corporation

Be The First To
Add Photos

Amegy Corporation CEO Scott J. McLean

Scott J. McLean

Great Bank to work for. .. USED TO BE BETTER!

ProsManagement knows your name
    Compensation decent
    Need younger management.... most executives will not retire and move over for others to shine.

ConsValues used to be strong.... times changed after Zions bought them.
    Benefits are for disasters... high deductible only

Advice to Senior ManagementLife work balance needs to be a priority
    Need better benefits

Worked as an intern under great management. I updated and edited credit reports for management in loan review weekly.

Corporate Banking Intern (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat company culture. Perks of working in banking are the numerous holidays that you can get off of work easily.

ConsWork load may seem slightly overwhelming compared to compensation. Sometimes approaching upper management my be intimidating.

Too Much

File Clerk (Former Employee) Rosenberg, TX (US)

ProsVery quiet and there was always work to do

ConsThey never knew what they wanted us to and when they did they put too much on us

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure that the management is not abusing authority

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hated It

Teller II (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThey had Flexible Hours to fit my schedule.

Consthe pay was too low.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your Employees Better

Good Company but personal growth is limited

Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood work environment, no micro managing

ConsNot enough career advancement opportunities

Not that bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBanking experience and free parking downtown. Most of the people are very nice.

ConsPay raises are very small, health insurance deductibles are high, dental insurance is not insurance but a reimbursement plan that you must pay out of pocket 1st.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better insurance plans and show your employees you appreciate them and their hard work by giving better raises.

Great management, good people, great place to work!

Teller II (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsManagement was great, flexible schedule/hours.

ConsComputer ystems were old and slow.

Personal Banker

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe hours and work life balance.

ConsSales tactics and numbers to meet. Pay scale varied to much from branch to branch. I started at 38k a good friend of mine started at 44k with the same position, and similar back ground in the field. Continued to tell me that I could not move up in the company because I had no direct management experience. Would not allow me to attempt or train me. Hired from without the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementEquality in pay across the board, revamp sales tactics. I asked specificly when I got hired if they hired within and when it came time to it they hired all new ASM from other financial institution.

Little room for growth

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsMost people are friendly and respect each other. The company tried not to hire new employees so there is little chance that they will lay off a person if they are no longer needed. They will move an employee somewhere whenever possible. There is plenty of training for retail employees. Management is willing to listen and consider employee feedback. There is a new employee review system that will take effect pretty soon.

ConsIf you are one of the many employees that was not a banker/finance major, you have little room for personal growth or advancement. There is little trust between management and employees at the corporate and back office level.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeleive in your employees more.

Great Company that promote.s work/life balance and very keen in the community.

ProsBenefits are okay, the work is interesting with advancement opportunities in Business Banking. Amazing leaders that walk their talk. I see myself learning lots of processes for lending opportunities. Really excited to be a part of the Amegy Bank team.

ConsCompany promotes working with internal partners that are experts at what they do. This is a really good concept if partners work well together. If one has not worked in this type on intense partnership internally, it could be an adjustment.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job with a positive environment and being available to your teams for their feedback. The only one thing that I can think of is to bridge the gap internally with partners and this could empower each and every employee to keep clients in the center and run with what needs to be done for them without worrying about anything else.

Worked for Amegy Corporation? Contribute to the Community!