AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job(in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place(in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business(in 8 reviews)

Overall great place to work!

Tech Analyst (Current Employee) Dothan, AL (US)

ProsThe pay is competitive and there is a friendly atmosphere. The expectations are clearly made available and your career progress is carefully tracked.

ConsThe vertical growth is limited in some areas. In some divisions people are hired for who they know not what they know.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to look at the the best fit for a particular job and not who know somebody.

Customer Service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is financially stable in an unstable economy.

ConsCompensation is not competitive with the market. Employees are underpaid; annual increases are nominal even for superior rated employees. The "Good Old Boy" network is alive and well. Most employment is job vs. career oriented; little to no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize excellence and reward it. Create career paths for your employes to ensure talent retention.

Good benefits, and that's about it.

ProsGood health benefits, paid vacation, and 401K.

ConsPoor leadership, poor organization. Too many executives uptop that you can't even keep track of who they are or how they even contribute to the company. No bonuses for the people that actually do the work and no respect for hard working employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointed after Disability

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are a kiss up or affiliated with a supplier, you are golden

ConsI became disabled after 11 years at ABC and they couldn't dump me fast enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to be Bergen #2. You are draining company.

Stressful environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSuccessful company with growth opportunity for certain positions. Can be long hours. Good benefits. Expectations of being connected 24/7 with technology.

ConsStressful environment, many unhappy associates, lack of communication and training. Growth opportunities are decided before they are even posted. Creates an environment of distrust and cynicism.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and less secretive. Work on recognition and appreciation for the hard work they receive.

Summer internship

Strategic Planning (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA (US)

ProsThe people who work there were great, I had a lot of responsibilities and the work I did actually made a difference within my division

ConsIf you are looking for full time after having an internship there, you will be waiting until very close to when you can start working upon graduation. They hire just in time so do not hire much more than 2 months out of a start date.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to determine jobs that could be created from the work done by interns and potentially offer them jobs at the end of the summer if you feel like they did good work.

Better be a rockstar

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Frisco, TX (US)

ProsLocation is great and most people are amazing to work with. The pay was really good.

ConsIf management finds someone that they prefer for your position, they will just fire you. So you better be a rockstar.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have better communication with your employees and you need to make your employees feel like you actually support them. If one of your employee's job is in jeopardy, it is only ethical to let them know. Don't just fire them and make up some story to get rid of them.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worse call center ever

Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) East Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsOK place to start if u r new in town

ConsU have 101 micro managers. They really don't care about their employees. U r just a number n a behind in a seat.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a heart n have compassion for great employees such as myself

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Stable

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

ProsGreat sense of community. Everyone around you is very supportive and easy to get along/communicate with. Fantastic place for an intern to grow and gain knowledge/experience.

ConsEpitome of typical corporate culture

Career Track

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a good company especially for young adults as there is lots of training provided, and a career track that can lead one to management.

ConsSort of out of touch policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is not simply black and white -- some differences are healthy. While rules are important, it is also good to have some flexibility to allow for innovation. It is important that certain protocols are met, but a good idea can go a long, long way. This also engages the associates to invest mrs of themselves into their work and to the company.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!