AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Apr 07, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros:
  • "good people good pay good benefits"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Great benefits and a sufficient amount of vacation hours"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "There are limited human resources which requires long hours and tough work life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • "It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Horrible...worked 6-7 days a week

blister packaging operator (Former Employee)
Groveport, OH (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHealth insurance, benefits....that is all I can say good about the company

ConsStarted at 12.00 and 3 years later was only making 13.30 and I was a blister packaging operator...they paid new people more...also they are very chauvanistic and show a lot of favoritism...management was horrible...upper management only spoke to certain people

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good company when you are nearing retirement

Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat IT Infrastructure team to work with, great team members. A great place to work if you are up for retirement soon, flexible schedules.

ConsNo scope for advancement, no innovation, employees are never heard by management, too much micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLesser Micro management, Hear your employees more, they are you lifeline!

Could be more efficient

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay and benefits
Always room to learn something new
Lots of room for growth
Great time off policy

ConsLots of favoritism
Very understaffed
Very long hours because of being understaffed
Very unorganized at times
IT staff could use support also

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a better IT staff.
Make a better effort to hire more people.
I understand you want to decrease the wage expense but people quit because of the long hours.

Very disappointed is saying it nicely.

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee)
Roanoke, TX (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay and benefits. There are some tenured employees there that do show a commitment to helping others and the company.

ConsToo many hours worked. Not enough skilled employees. If in management, you work on your days off at home with a company provided laptop. Not a team environment. Key positions don't require a degree, which in turn place unskilled and untrained individuals in those key positions. Turnaround is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees better. Be more involved with your employees. Walk around the facility and get to know your employees to help with their concerns and issues.

Terrible company that might run itself into the ground

Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

ProsIncentives to get while working

ConsExtremely low pay raises extremely strict attendance policies, long hours, terrible work environment. The company gains the business of biggest pharmaceutical store in the nation make over 400 million last yr and they decide a 500 dollar bonus is adequate not to mention you actually have to qualify for oh and now I get penalized 15 mins for being late 1 minute yea thats great.

case picker

Case Picker (Current Employee)
Roanoke, TX (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than a year

Prosgood people good pay good benefits.

Consnot enough help feels like letting more people go rather than hiring.

Advice to Senior Managementhelp train more people

Strong company and great presence in marketplace.

Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice environment with co-workers. Company experienced tremendous growth which allowed insight to industry and operations. If opportunities are taken, you can learn a lot about the industry from various perspectives.

ConsManagement tends to panic and look for scapegoat when things go wrong. Some of their long term employees are the biggest problems yet remain on staff. Pay was lagging behind others in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not view every situation superficially, dig deeper. When taking on new projects or making agreements with customers that require innovation, think the situation through and ensure there is an understanding as to what needs to be done to accomplish the goal. They are too quick to jump without understanding the true challenge.

Positive experience, provided training in an emerging healthcare industry. Good pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen as a contractor for less than a year

Prosflexible in scheduling. get a feeling of the work being family oriented. everybody seemed to get along. and liked each other for the most part.

Consfew bad apples. peers not holding up to responsibility. lack of communication. they mainly have seasonal jobs.

Enlightening Night Shift

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee)
Paducah, KY (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood stepping stone. Excellent Benefits. When your in, your in. Job security is there if you fit in. Redundancy within to keep everything in check. There are many great people working to keep everything going. Bad apples are kept to a minimum.

ConsWork load and times vary. Sometimes Greatly. You never know when your going to have to pull a 12 hr shift or just work 7 hrs. Sometimes it conflicts with the scheduling of others or days planned off. Although it is, what it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow changes to settle, before making more changes.

Good steppingstone....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

ProsLarge organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement.

ConsLarge organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy. Large organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy. Large organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!

AmerisourceBergen – Why Work for Us?

AmerisourceBergen Corporation is one of the world's largest pharmaceutical services companies serving global markets with a focus on the pharmaceutical supply chain. Servicing both pharmaceutical manufacturers and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmerisourceBergen reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AmerisourceBergen CEO Steven Collis. All 162 reviews are posted anonymously by AmerisourceBergen employees.