AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job(in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place(in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business(in 8 reviews)

Short and not sweet

Senior Customer Liaison (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsI had a great boss who knew what she was going and didnt micromanage. The peers were good, and I was able to work from home so had a lot of flexibility

ConsSenior Management had no idea what they were doing. The company sold its customers to a competitor and sold out all of its employees

Terrible company that might run itself into the ground

Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) Roanoke, TX (US)

ProsIncentives to get while working

ConsExtremely low pay raises extremely strict attendance policies, long hours, terrible work environment. The company gains the business of biggest pharmaceutical store in the nation make over 400 million last yr and they decide a 500 dollar bonus is adequate not to mention you actually have to qualify for oh and now I get penalized 15 mins for being late 1 minute yea thats great.

Good company when you are nearing retirement

Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsGreat IT Infrastructure team to work with, great team members. A great place to work if you are up for retirement soon, flexible schedules.

ConsNo scope for advancement, no innovation, employees are never heard by management, too much micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLesser Micro management, Hear your employees more, they are you lifeline!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

case picker

Case Picker (Current Employee) Roanoke, TX (US)

Prosgood people good pay good benefits.

Consnot enough help feels like letting more people go rather than hiring.

Advice to Senior Managementhelp train more people

Could be more efficient

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Roanoke, TX (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits
    Always room to learn something new
    Lots of room for growth
    Great time off policy

ConsLots of favoritism
    Very understaffed
    Very long hours because of being understaffed
    Very unorganized at times
    IT staff could use support also

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a better IT staff.
    Make a better effort to hire more people.
    I understand you want to decrease the wage expense but people quit because of the long hours.

Strong company and great presence in marketplace.

Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsNice environment with co-workers. Company experienced tremendous growth which allowed insight to industry and operations. If opportunities are taken, you can learn a lot about the industry from various perspectives.

ConsManagement tends to panic and look for scapegoat when things go wrong. Some of their long term employees are the biggest problems yet remain on staff. Pay was lagging behind others in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not view every situation superficially, dig deeper. When taking on new projects or making agreements with customers that require innovation, think the situation through and ensure there is an understanding as to what needs to be done to accomplish the goal. They are too quick to jump without understanding the true challenge.

Positive experience, provided training in an emerging healthcare industry. Good pay.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosflexible in scheduling. get a feeling of the work being family oriented. everybody seemed to get along. and liked each other for the most part.

Consfew bad apples. peers not holding up to responsibility. lack of communication. they mainly have seasonal jobs.

Enlightening Night Shift

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Paducah, KY (US)

ProsGood stepping stone. Excellent Benefits. When your in, your in. Job security is there if you fit in. Redundancy within to keep everything in check. There are many great people working to keep everything going. Bad apples are kept to a minimum.

ConsWork load and times vary. Sometimes Greatly. You never know when your going to have to pull a 12 hr shift or just work 7 hrs. Sometimes it conflicts with the scheduling of others or days planned off. Although it is, what it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow changes to settle, before making more changes.

Good steppingstone....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLarge organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement. Large organization, room for upward advancement.

ConsLarge organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy. Large organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy. Large organization....you can get lost in the hierarchy.

I loved the team I worked with

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Frisco, TX (US)

ProsGreat benefits, Great training! The training applied to your Product.

ConsNo comment at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comment at this time

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!