AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job(in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place(in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business(in 8 reviews)

Great location and great people

ProsLove the location in suburban Frisco, love the gym located in the office park, love the healthcare benefits and PTO is generous. Like the people I work with.

ConsDepending on your business unit; but mine in particular is very client driven, as opposed to following our processes and systems. It is non-stop, urgent demands from clients.

Plenty of Opportunities to Suceed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsABC is a large corporation with many resources for development and advancement. You can succeed but you have to work extra hard to be recognized for your efforts - that's the pitfall of working in a large organization. Benefits are excellent.

ConsNo work life balance and pay is average for the market place. The focus is 1st in profit, 2nd on customer and 3rd on employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in IT systems that will enhance the employee and customer experience

Great atmosphere and company that gives you the ability to help make a difference in people lives

Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsOffice culture, benefits, and line of work.

ConsCan't assist everyone, only patients who have qualified chronic illnesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider discussing growth opportunities within the company or staffing agencies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review of Amerisource

Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) Bethlehem, PA (US)

Prosovertime is a great benefit. Helps support the family

Constime off policies. Need to be more clear.

Advice to Senior Managementnone at this moment.

Great place to learn the Healthcare Reimbursement business.

Team Coordinator (Current Employee) San Bruno, CA (US)

ProsThey are willing to train you.

ConsThere's not alot of room for growth. After you reach the level of a Program Manager, you become stagnant. Growth is not guaranteed by consistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease yearly promotions of staff.

My experience as a Customer Care Manager at AmerisourceBergen

Customer Care Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAttractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job. The company is doing very well financially. Senior Management consist of forward thinkers making the companies future prosperous.

ConsNon-competitive pay; no career track; good old boy system.

It is very difficult to get promoted across business units. The problem with that is there is no career path within any of the business units so in essence, the likeihood of a person not tied into the good old boy system is slim to none.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop career paths and promote people from within. Benmark salaries annually. Increase average salary increase percentage for meets and above associates to at least keep par with inflation. Offer bonus at all level of management.

A company with many great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are their greatest asset

ConsVery difficult political environment to navigate for new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Work-Life Balance; employees are overworked.

Case Manager RN

Telehealth Case Manager RN (Current Employee)

ProsWorking from home is a plus, bonuses, weekends off

ConsSenior managers and clinical senior managers are overworked; several programs at a time which makes it difficult for them to adequately manage any program.

Patient Case Coodinator Review

Patient Case Coordinator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsServes as great professional experience.

ConsFast paced, focus is not you but the patients. This is regardless to weather conditions also. There is also a lack of consideration of employees being with their family during the holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more organized and considerate of the individuals that are constantly taking care of the patients and what they need.

Was a great Company back then

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Pelham, AL (US)

ProsLoved all my co-workers from warehouse to customer service. Great benefits, great team

ConsCorporate only cares about how fast and how much money they can make. Closed all the customer service centers except one and hired all new people that do not know what they are doing Customers dropping like flies due to inept CCRs. Wont be long before customer service goes overseas like the other major companies. Corporate knew that this was coming yet still hired new CCRs to fill the gap while they also hired new people to take over our jobs.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!