AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place (in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

A company with many great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are their greatest asset

ConsVery difficult political environment to navigate for new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Work-Life Balance; employees are overworked.

Growing company, but not my paycheck!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA (US)

ProsWell lit parking. The office space is adequate; not indicative of a Fortune 30 company but still adequate. The cleaning crew does a great job keeping the place clean. Benefits are OK, but not the best that money can buy. You can tell that our benefits were picked amongst the low hanging fruit.

ConsEverything is a one-way conversation. They talk to you, not with you. Every single time that the company creates a mess and has to clean it up, they come up with a communication strategy that is a one way feed. They are so desperate to sell you on the message that covers up their incompetence that they've left no room for any type of discussion.

Only friends of friends are acknowledged and rewarded. I just saved the company millions of dollars in litigation costs but I won't even be slapped on the back for doing that. However, if I was part of the click, I would be recognized during the annual ABC Vision and Values Awards. That's how things run at AmerisourceBergen.

The company is growing but not growing our paychecks. We are severely underpaid. If you are on salary, you are basically working for free. Between the travel time and the hours that you have to waste in mindless meetings, you put in time equivalent to three employees.

We are so underpaid that the majority of our employees have to work three hours to be able to afford the copay that they must pay when seeing their primary care physician. They would have to work nine hours to also afford the copay for most prescriptions covered under our drug plan benefit.

The money that the company makes is returned to WallStreet because the powers that be receive millions in stock options. So they must do anything and everything to ensure that shares value is increased.

Even our 401K contributions are a joke. The company claims that it matches up to 5% of your contributions but the formula that they use to calculate that match pretty much gives you roughly $300 a year in company matching contributions. The company provides some rather selective and questionable investment options for employee 401K plans that pretty much ensure that you invest in the company's stock no matter what.

That's the reality of AmerisourceBergen.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice because management does not care about listening and cares even less about employees.

Patient Case Coodinator Review

Patient Case Coordinator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsServes as great professional experience.

ConsFast paced, focus is not you but the patients. This is regardless to weather conditions also. There is also a lack of consideration of employees being with their family during the holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more organized and considerate of the individuals that are constantly taking care of the patients and what they need.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Case Manager RN

Telehealth Case Manager RN (Current Employee)

ProsWorking from home is a plus, bonuses, weekends off

ConsSenior managers and clinical senior managers are overworked; several programs at a time which makes it difficult for them to adequately manage any program.

Overall great place to work!

Tech Analyst (Current Employee) Dothan, AL (US)

ProsThe pay is competitive and there is a friendly atmosphere. The expectations are clearly made available and your career progress is carefully tracked.

ConsThe vertical growth is limited in some areas. In some divisions people are hired for who they know not what they know.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to look at the the best fit for a particular job and not who know somebody.

Good benefits, and that's about it.

ProsGood health benefits, paid vacation, and 401K.

ConsPoor leadership, poor organization. Too many executives uptop that you can't even keep track of who they are or how they even contribute to the company. No bonuses for the people that actually do the work and no respect for hard working employees.

Was a great Company back then

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Pelham, AL (US)

ProsLoved all my co-workers from warehouse to customer service. Great benefits, great team

ConsCorporate only cares about how fast and how much money they can make. Closed all the customer service centers except one and hired all new people that do not know what they are doing Customers dropping like flies due to inept CCRs. Wont be long before customer service goes overseas like the other major companies. Corporate knew that this was coming yet still hired new CCRs to fill the gap while they also hired new people to take over our jobs.

Customer Service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is financially stable in an unstable economy.

ConsCompensation is not competitive with the market. Employees are underpaid; annual increases are nominal even for superior rated employees. The "Good Old Boy" network is alive and well. Most employment is job vs. career oriented; little to no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize excellence and reward it. Create career paths for your employes to ensure talent retention.

Stressful environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSuccessful company with growth opportunity for certain positions. Can be long hours. Good benefits. Expectations of being connected 24/7 with technology.

ConsStressful environment, many unhappy associates, lack of communication and training. Growth opportunities are decided before they are even posted. Creates an environment of distrust and cynicism.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and less secretive. Work on recognition and appreciation for the hard work they receive.

Summer internship

Strategic Planning (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA (US)

ProsThe people who work there were great, I had a lot of responsibilities and the work I did actually made a difference within my division

ConsIf you are looking for full time after having an internship there, you will be waiting until very close to when you can start working upon graduation. They hire just in time so do not hire much more than 2 months out of a start date.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to determine jobs that could be created from the work done by interns and potentially offer them jobs at the end of the summer if you feel like they did good work.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!