AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place (in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Better be a rockstar

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Frisco, TX (US)

ProsLocation is great and most people are amazing to work with. The pay was really good.

ConsIf management finds someone that they prefer for your position, they will just fire you. So you better be a rockstar.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have better communication with your employees and you need to make your employees feel like you actually support them. If one of your employee's job is in jeopardy, it is only ethical to let them know. Don't just fire them and make up some story to get rid of them.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worse call center ever

Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) East Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsOK place to start if u r new in town

ConsU have 101 micro managers. They really don't care about their employees. U r just a number n a behind in a seat.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a heart n have compassion for great employees such as myself

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Stable

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

ProsGreat sense of community. Everyone around you is very supportive and easy to get along/communicate with. Fantastic place for an intern to grow and gain knowledge/experience.

ConsEpitome of typical corporate culture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointed after Disability

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are a kiss up or affiliated with a supplier, you are golden

ConsI became disabled after 11 years at ABC and they couldn't dump me fast enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to be Bergen #2. You are draining company.

US Bioservices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Frisco, TX (US)

ProsBenefits and cafeteria, friendly associates.

ConsTerrrible management ethics, just terrible management. Abusive to employees psychologically and emotionally. BAD communications. Management has closed thought processes and the onboarding training does not represent the mentality of management. Very seductive and dishonest.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive it up and move on. They are incompetent, disloyal to employees and typical corporate manipulators. If anyone shows promise or a different aspect of thought, they fire them. Time to fire the management staff and get management that is constructive and not destructive to the workforce. It takes approximately three years to profit from an employee. How does this company leave the problem in charge and just keep paying for the turnover?

Company is going downhill

Prosdecent pay, good vacation time offered

Conseverything is being consolidated down to 1 or 2 places. Many Customer Service and System Support positions have lost their jobs yet the call volume is only going up. the departments that are left have no idea what they are doing. Customers are realizing this as well

Advice to Senior ManagementI would hire more people. Call wait times for Customer service are ridiculous

Career Track

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a good company especially for young adults as there is lots of training provided, and a career track that can lead one to management.

ConsSort of out of touch policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything is not simply black and white -- some differences are healthy. While rules are important, it is also good to have some flexibility to allow for innovation. It is important that certain protocols are met, but a good idea can go a long, long way. This also engages the associates to invest mrs of themselves into their work and to the company.

Short & sweet

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsGood hourly pay plus production bonus.
    Good Benefits.
    Paid time off after 90 days.

ConsLong work hours take a toll on your body.
    Short breaks.

Good company in general with growing pains moving slowly forward

Associate (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA (US)

ProsGood co-workers, benefits and above average working conditons.

ConsTop heavy mgmt, old guard, old school thinking, not incredibly tech savy.

Advice to Senior ManagementRequest and implement recommendations from associates rather then paying a 3rd party to find gaps. Increase work life balance. Allow more opportunites from working from home from tech. Open full access to the web without filters. Embrace innovation. Embrace thinking outside the box. Continue to work on creating an environment that is innovative and helps provide associates with the opportunity to excel and in turn provide our customers with the best service possible.

Somewhere in the middle

ProsThe company is stable, coworkers were mostly great, and management was knowledgeable

ConsNo work life balance, you will not get promoted unless someone is your friend, no bonuses, and the pay is low

Advice to Senior ManagementGive others besides yourself bonuses and increase the work life balance.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!