Apple

3.9 3,476 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,829 ratings)

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,476 Employee Reviews

Great place to work

Apple At Home Advisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat benefits, super even! Management is always looking for ways to help you to improve and that works for you in the long run.

ConsI've been there 2 years and I dont see any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

Hoping to spend the rest of my career at Apple!

Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee) Valencia, CA (US)

ProsApple is a company that thrives on smiles. This makes for an extremely encouraging environment in which employees support each other and the customers love being in the Apple store.
    Long story short, the staff is like a big family encouraging each other to succeed and thrive.

ConsIf you don't like smiling, enjoying your job, and being given the tools and encouragement to succeed, this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with what you're doing because Apple has crossed every T and dotted every i.

Specialist

ProsApple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy.

ConsNot enough room for development.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Apple

Expert (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGood people. Really honest company.

ConsLots of buzz words that management throws out but doesn't act on sometimes but its not terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like the last two years people stopped moving up from within the company.

Apple Was My Job, Not My Life.

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsFor a retail position, compensation and benefits were solid. Lots of good training and many opportunities for temporary assignments around the company. Apple goes out of their way to seek out talented individuals who are interesting, engaging and usually fun to work with. Products speak for themselves.

ConsWork/Life balance can be terrible. Even for a retail specialist, leadership constantly asked people to come in early/stay late, work days off, etc, especially around product launches. Our leadership team was increasingly difficult to satisfy - their drive for results was bordering on maniacal, which took a lot of the Apple magic away from our store and ultimately burned out a lot of their top talent.

Great company, great team.

Specialist (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsFantastic coworkers. Apple typically hires fairly interesting and well rounded people. It is a fun environment where you can make great connections. You gain a wealth of knowledge and skills that make you valuable to other employers.

ConsRetail is retail no matter how you look at it. Some stores more than others have politic games you have to play to move in any direction. Typically if you want to be a manager, you have to leave then come back. Apple hires externally for management despite the talent it has groomed.

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment
    Open minded atmosphere
    Personal Growth
    Good Compensation

ConsFast past work environment
    Less hours if your part time
    Performance sometime based on customer feelings
    Learning other Job roles

Great place to work. Great benefits, amazing culture.

ProsFun place to work, good benefits, opportunities for advancement.

ConsRetail hours are no fun.

Great place to work which attracts smart, intelligent people but politics are everywhere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsWorking at Apple is a great experience as it is one of the iconic companies of this era. It is a very cool place to work with many of the perks that Silicon Valley is known for. People are friendly and helpful and there is a real passion for the kind of products that makes Apple what it is today.

ConsWork life balance is non-existent and there is something of a clash between the old Apple and the new. With such explosive growth comes a whole bunch of issues that make things more challenging than they should be. It is a very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my experience Senior Management does not support their teams as they should.

Awesome company

Service and Support Administrative (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsBenefits are amazing and there are lots of opportunity to move around or up. On site buildings are amazing but there is also an opportunity to work from home!

ConsAttendance policy is very strict. Pay scale could co inside with cost of living or increases and bonuses could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose on Christmas Day!!!! Give cost of living increases.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!