Apple

3.9 3,484 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,834 ratings)

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,484 Employee Reviews

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment
    Open minded atmosphere
    Personal Growth
    Good Compensation

ConsFast past work environment
    Less hours if your part time
    Performance sometime based on customer feelings
    Learning other Job roles

Specialist

Specialist (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsExcellent people, culture, and pay

ConsNot too many opportunities to grow within or beyond the store.

Awesome company

Service and Support Administrative (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsBenefits are amazing and there are lots of opportunity to move around or up. On site buildings are amazing but there is also an opportunity to work from home!

ConsAttendance policy is very strict. Pay scale could co inside with cost of living or increases and bonuses could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose on Christmas Day!!!! Give cost of living increases.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exhilarating and rewarding to work for an organization that focus's on the employees and the customers needs.

Apple Retail Specialist (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ (US)

ProsTeam environment. Everyone, no matter what level helps out with customers. Management is very employee friendly.

ConsSometimes, not often, short of staff. This puts pressure on the rest of the employees to multitask. Very difficult when the store is crowded with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep producing the best products in the world and keep focusing on developing the staff that you have.

Specialist

Apple Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA (US)

Pros-Very flexible with shifts. You can work days off and days on (as long as you can switch with someone).
    - It's a very laid back job, as long as you do your job, there really isn't anything to worry about.

Cons-You have to be on top of your sales, especially on selling Apple Care and taking care of business sales.
    -Dealing with a few customers daily, but that's given when working anywhere in retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work looking after the new one's. Without the help from management, advancing up the chain wouldn't be easy.

Great place to work which attracts smart, intelligent people but politics are everywhere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsWorking at Apple is a great experience as it is one of the iconic companies of this era. It is a very cool place to work with many of the perks that Silicon Valley is known for. People are friendly and helpful and there is a real passion for the kind of products that makes Apple what it is today.

ConsWork life balance is non-existent and there is something of a clash between the old Apple and the new. With such explosive growth comes a whole bunch of issues that make things more challenging than they should be. It is a very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my experience Senior Management does not support their teams as they should.

Amazing company to work for!

Manager (Former Employee) Westlake, OH (US)

ProsCulture is fun and laid back. Pay is great! Very talented and creative co-workers

ConsNo career advancement, no work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed career paths for Managers! Need a better work schedule for Moms and Dads

Great starter job!

Apple Retail Specialist (Current Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsGreat Benefits and Flexible Scheduling

ConsRetail environment is fast paced and stressful with little work-life balance, schedules can be all over the place and seldom weekends off.

Great Company

Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee) Wellington, FL (US)

Pros- Great Work Culture, Chill environment, Stores are very clean and nice to work in, Selling products that I use and love
    - Great Pay (Starting was $13.55 an hour in FL)
    - Great Benefits (6% 401k match, amazing product discounts, health insurance was top of the line)
    - Great job for straight out of college/younger people
    - Many opportunities to train in a different job
    - 95% of the employees are great people, amazing backgrounds
    - Never felt like I was micromanaged
    - Lots of breaks

Cons- Employees are allowed way too much creative license (sometimes can be wacky/unprofessional with customers and do not get in trouble for it)
    - Getting a promotion to another position/or full time work is definitely possible, but extremely time consuming, mostly based on how long you have been there, not necessarily how good you are at your job, many people worked there 2-3 years just to get full time for a basic specialist position
    - Part time hours not nearly enough to live off of unless you are 30 or under, unless you can live very cheap
    - Managers are hit and miss, some were the greatest in retail, some were dull and had a BestBuy type mentality
    - Flawed NPS system (This is how you are evaluated)
    - A handful of employees are "cultish", and believe that no other company can offer a better job/if you leave apple you are nuts/etc
    - About 5% of employees were very lazy/never do there job, management would never say anything, since these people knew they could not get fired

Advice to Senior ManagementBe harder about disciplining employees who are disrupting work flow of others/or not doing any supportive work, way too much "hands off" approach from managers regarding that.

wonderful

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Glandorf, OH (US)

Prosgreat benifits and competative pay

Conspoor location nothing and just a good company

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of the emplyeys better

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!