Apple

3.9 3,485 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,835 ratings)

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,485 Employee Reviews

Amazing company to work for!

Manager (Former Employee) Westlake, OH (US)

ProsCulture is fun and laid back. Pay is great! Very talented and creative co-workers

ConsNo career advancement, no work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed career paths for Managers! Need a better work schedule for Moms and Dads

Awesome at home Job

Tier I CPU (Current Employee)

ProsI go to work in my pjs. The benefits are awesome. Great structure to learn new skills and advance. If you work hard you can go far.

ConsSometimes it is hard working from home. No co workers to take breaks with. Less room for growth unless near major apple center.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more open discussion with employees.

Great starter job!

Apple Retail Specialist (Current Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsGreat Benefits and Flexible Scheduling

ConsRetail environment is fast paced and stressful with little work-life balance, schedules can be all over the place and seldom weekends off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work with the best people and best technology.

Creative (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsI work with the most talented individuals. There is always something new to learn. Good benefits. Good for a part time job.

ConsRetail hours, managers are impossible to work with, little to no growth in the retail store. Can get burnt out if you work full time, repetitive.

Advice to Senior Managementfix the compensation levels to veteran employees who are paid less or the same as new hires. Stop micromanaging!

Great expierence, but had to move on

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood Pay, Great co-workers, fun atmosphere

Conscan get mundane
    management isnt always the best

Advice to Senior ManagementJust go all out for your people.

Excellent place to work

At Home Adviser (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWork from the comfort of your own home. You're treated fairly and given many opportunities for working your way up the ladder within the corporation.

ConsThe schedules change every six months and if you need to have a consistent schedule because of children it can sometimes be very difficult to keep adapting to your new schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall management was great. Within a corporation there are some things that you just can't get away from such as sometimes feeling like you are talking to a robot. The answers can be almost read verbatim from the corporate rulebook. But overall you're treated so fairly that it is not that much of a negative.

Great

ProsGreat fun place to work

ConsCan be very stressful sometimes

Great place to work, not a career

Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Fort Myers, FL (US)

ProsExcellent training, highly rewarding and fast paced. Many perks such as holiday bonus gifts and paid time off.

ConsPay is mediocre and scheduling can be demanding. The points system is at best flawed and management makes all the difference.

Nice people, no life

ProsBrilliant people, good place to develop your knowledge.

ConsGetting a promotion is almost impossible and Apple will become your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great

Great place, but not a career for everyone

Back of House Specialist (Current Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsThe leadership team is always willing to offer support in developing your skills. Development is self driven, so you get out what you put in. It's not a career for everyone, as opportunities to advance are limited.

The culture and team are amazing.

ConsThe pay isn't the best. I could get paid more for my skill set elsewhere. You will often deal with bad customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot really in the manager's control, but better pay would be a start. The amount to crap staff have to deal with is often ridiculous.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!