Apple

3.9 3,508 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,850 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy(in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,508 Employee Reviews

An incredibly fast paced environment that keeps you on your toes and always learning more.

Apple Retail Specialist (Former Employee) Santa Barbara, CA (US)

ProsCoworkers are like your family, learn a lot about the products, great company culture, diverse group of employees,

ConsManagement not on the same page, few opportunities for growth to corporate, promotions within the store are incredibly competitive, no consistent schedule,

Advice to Senior ManagementGive cohesive instructions to the staff

Specialist

ProsApple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy.

ConsNot enough room for development.

Apple

Expert (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGood people. Really honest company.

ConsLots of buzz words that management throws out but doesn't act on sometimes but its not terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like the last two years people stopped moving up from within the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Jobs that provide you with a sense of purpose.

Marketing (Current Employee) Sydney (Australia)

ProsYou have the ability to create your own success and will get support if you do it the right way.

ConsSome managers have been in the business too long and have lost touch with the competitive environment. However, there are managers who are inspiring leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your team stays current, look at ways to encourage a different perspective.

Great inclusive culture in a great learning enviroment

Apple Retail Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsLearn a lot about about Apple company and the technology industry w/ good pay.

ConsMust work extremely hard for advancement, not excluding leader shopping.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp develop all employees equal not just favorites.

I had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented people in the retail computer business.

Apple Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Victor, NY (US)

ProsMy co-workers made the job worthwhile.

ConsConstant crush of customers -- this store is always busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromange, there is already enough pressure to get the work done. Managers also need to assist more and never throw employees under the bus, just for the pleasure of the nasty customers.

Great place to work.

Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat atmosphere and great people.

Conswork-life balance can be difficult.

Advice to Senior Managementmore interaction with staff needed.

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment
    Open minded atmosphere
    Personal Growth
    Good Compensation

ConsFast past work environment
    Less hours if your part time
    Performance sometime based on customer feelings
    Learning other Job roles

Great place to work which attracts smart, intelligent people but politics are everywhere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsWorking at Apple is a great experience as it is one of the iconic companies of this era. It is a very cool place to work with many of the perks that Silicon Valley is known for. People are friendly and helpful and there is a real passion for the kind of products that makes Apple what it is today.

ConsWork life balance is non-existent and there is something of a clash between the old Apple and the new. With such explosive growth comes a whole bunch of issues that make things more challenging than they should be. It is a very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my experience Senior Management does not support their teams as they should.

Specialist

Specialist (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsExcellent people, culture, and pay

ConsNot too many opportunities to grow within or beyond the store.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!