Apple

3.9 3,533 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,873 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights
3,533 Employee Reviews

Senior Advisor at Apple

Senior Advisor (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA (US)

ProsGreat pay discounts and benefits, great culture, great opportunities for advancement.

ConsThe main con is the work-life balance and the schedules everyone gets. Apple is heading in a direction I don't like when it comes to employee work-life balance. Also, your success at Apple depends heavily on if you have a good or bad manager in your corner.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your people are just that, people, who have lives and limitations, and not machines who crunch numbers. Put the focus on them first, then the customer, and you will see great results.

Stable company with solid business model and innovations

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsWork Life Balance
    Pay (assume you get good RSU package)
    Salads - $4
    No BS interview questions, more applied
    Very Hands on

ConsA lot of politics
    Not diverse enough, especially in IS&T
    Hard to move up if you don't have connections
    Too many crappy consultants that is given work because of former connections with apple badged employees

Advice to Senior Management30 bad consultants cannot substitute one good engineer

Great benefits, limited promotions.

Business Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe benefits at Apple are fantastic, and the pay is decent for the positions.

ConsMost of the "promotions" given are just lateral moves with different job titles. There is not really much opportunity for promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits and vacation benefits are excellent. The managers at the company continue to hire in their friends from their previous jobs instead of promoting the talent from within.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Apple has a positive work environment, brilliant people, and amazing team support.

ProsThe corporate culture is amazing, the level of support and connection you develop internally is beyond amazing. I currently have an amazing manager who listens to me and helped me through my growth and career development at Apple.

Conssome external managers who have been here for less than a year, don't fit the apple culture, and sue old work practices and practice them at Apple.

Training for external hires , specially leadership, have to go through a rigorous type of training for a minimum 1.5 month to be fit for the fast paced growing culture. ! they should all learn the difference between Positive Intent and Fearless Feedback - Act and Treat Employees accordingly, based on their actions and behaviors, not solely based on manager's observation - because that is not a standard of work practice or business ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior leaders who are hired externally should be going through an extensive training model that is different from those that are promoted internally.

Amazing

Prosit's Apple! A center for all that's cool and good in tech. it's not just about ideas, but about thought, not can we do a thing, but should we do a thing.

Conssometimes customers can be a challenge, sometimes the couture can also be a challenge

It lives up to the hype

Applecare Advisor (Current Employee) Springfield, MA (US)

Pros-Amazing benefits packages that are even offered to part time employees
    -Very good wages
    -Friendly coworkers
    -Lots of room for professional development and growth
    -Education is encouraged

Cons-The hiring process takes a while and can lead to an awkward gap between jobs if you don't currently have one (but is completely worth it)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been nothing but great to me! They are constantly asking me if I have any questions or anything they can help me with, and when I do the answer is always close by.

Great place to work. Great benefits, amazing culture.

ProsFun place to work, good benefits, opportunities for advancement.

ConsRetail hours are no fun.

Great for single people

At-Home Advisor (Former Employee)

Pros--Very detailed training; gives an opportunity to learn a lot of tips and tricks for personal use as well
    --Part time, working from home--10 step walk from desk to kitchen for lunch
    --Excellent benefits

Cons--All about the metrics; they say that the numbers aren't important while you're in training, but once you go live all the focus is on the numbers, surveys, etc.
    --Required to work at least one weekend day for AHA part time position, which is hard with kids in the house

Great Place to Jumpstart Career in CX, CS, and tech

Apple Expert (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD (US)

ProsLooks great on resume when you leave; company fosters growth, allows employees to take the reins on their development. Awesome.

ConsWorking in retail sucks no matter how great the company is. There also needs to be better compensation for all of the word employees are required to complete.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees fairly.

Great company, benefits and people! If you want growth, look else where

Business Specialist (Current Employee) Farmington, CT (US)

ProsThey finally realized that Business Team members need to work Monday-Friday. Great chance to work with local and big businesses. Also the ability to work on the floor with sales and help technicians work with business customers. You have the ability to gain a lot of skills in developing others, leading a team and driving personal goals.

ConsYou get all these skills and develop a lot, but there is no room for growth. The glass ceiling is very short, and it get very frustrating for everyone. They will rather higher external managers than promote within, the employees notice this but upper management has no clue.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you preach about being people oriented and caring about personal development of your employees, then give them opportunities to be more than sales and technicians.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!