Apple Reviews

3,678 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
1,952 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

The "Apple of Retail," but the "Retail of Apple."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for a great company, with theoretical room for advancement. It is fun to always be on the cutting edge of technology.

Cons

At the end of the day, it is still retail. Although Apple stresses customer satisfaction, the real factor is the almighty dollar. Apple had a trend of hiring managers from outside the industry (i.e. from Starbucks) to manage people with technical training (Genii and Creatives). Skilled workers do not like taking marching orders from unskilled managers who could not do the jobs themselves.

Great Company

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very fast paced work environment with a huge emphasis on results.

Cons

Difficult to move around in the company.

One of the Best jobs I have ever had.

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to help those who do not know anything about computers. it is a very enthrilling job and I loved every minute of it. I would have loved to keep the job, but I couldn't with all my personal events.

Cons

Some people are idiots and it can be hard to work through their problems with them. If they do something that causes them to lose all of their data then they blame you.

Great job!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the BEST places to work

Former Employee - AOS Blended Agent  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - AOS Blended Agent in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Metrics based and goal driven grading
    options to work from home
    good location
    cafeteria
    gym
    transportation or shuttles

Cons

can be long hours
    very stressful
    hard to get in or seen

make it easier for people to directly apply with Apple without all the entry level jobs being through a staffing company.

Great mission, but career development is difficult

Former Employee - Ios Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Ios Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Believe in the mission. Everyone is focused on delivering the best product to Apple's users.
    * Very collaborative
    * Great perks
    * Cafe Macs has amazing food
    * Every well financially compensated
    * Social responsible company

Cons

* Politics can get in the way of work progress
    * They haven't figured out how to do continuous integration at their scale. Lots of wasted time on non engineering configuration.
    * Living-on program is basically having everything you use: your phone, computer, apple TV, Xcode, etc. broken 70% of the time.
    * Engineering management is reactive. They under invest in testing, automation and continuous integration. As a result loads of productivity is wasted at the company and the organization constantly misses QA sign off on features.
    * Employee growth is not valued, only current contribution. Very difficult to change roles, work on something as a side project or have impact outside your immediate team. No ability to work on actual projects/apps outside of work due to contract.

Invest proactively in your software development process to increase productivity.
    Encourage employee growth, thats where innovation comes from.

Great team, learn as you go

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  San Bernardino, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in San Bernardino, CA (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

The managers are positive and always watching you to help if need be. The team I worked with were the hardest working group of people I have ever come across. Pretty much every one covers your back for help with something you don't know or if you get into a difficult situation with an irrate customer....and there are plenty of those.

Cons

The manangement is always watching you. You have 10 seconds to greet someone at the entry and if you aren't on it, they are on you. Everyone is being watched at all times and listens on to what you are saying. Learning on the floor is painful as you aren't given the time to learn and if it is slow and you work on any of the devices to pick up a tip, you are spoken to about it. The company says they use what's called 'fearless feedback' which is supposed to mean that you can talk to them about what's not working or whatever is on your mind (if you can get time with them), but what it really means is basically everyone spying on one another...not a supportive environment given how hard everyone works.

It's retail and everyone needs a minute to breathe, including the customers! Some of them are terrifeied to come into the store coz they know they will be bombarded immediately.

Specialist

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My coworkers are amazing. Relaxed environment.

Cons

Demanding hours. Makes it hard to balance work and regular life.

It's like working at a startup.

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Free Beer. Free transport to work. I even got free shoes. It's basically the perfect place to work.

Cons

There are always other engineer's trying to explain why they're so smart and why their part/project is super complicated and important. Most are just faking it; it feels like 5% of the people do 95% of the work. And the gym is always crowded.

Great company with challenges in the Enterprise field

Former Employee - Enterprise Sales  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Enterprise Sales in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was there 8 years with 5 being in sales and it was a firm I was always proud to represent. The resources are there to allow you to "do the right thing" if there are product related issues. Generally, mgmt is supportive of efforts that support the customer

Cons

Its a consumer products company that tries to dabble in enterprise sales. Not all the resources for deployment are there and there are many instances of a truing to fill a round hole with a square peg.

If you wish to participate in enterprise deployments, provide the resources

Free to Dream..

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Apple provides you with the opportunity to not only grow as a professional, but also as an individual. I didn't have the opportunity like others did coming up, but Apple has given me multiple opportunities to develop into who I'm becoming.

Cons

Apple expects the best out of you everyday, and consistently performing at a high level can be stressful at times.

Continue to promote from within. Don't be afraid of taking a risk on your people.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!