Apple Reviews

3,876 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,123 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 240 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 204 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 241 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 147 reviews)

More Highlights

Good place to learn

I have been working at Apple

Pros

You will work very hard

Cons

bonuses are terrible unless you are a manager

Love it

Current Employee - Supply Demand Management
    Current Employee - Supply Demand Management

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Feel like you are part of something great and meaningful. Very driven peers and management

Cons

Something great requires long hours.

Keep focussing on work life balance

Opportunities abound. There is plenty of room to grow here.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Despite some public opinion, Apple is an extremely ethical company. Lots of smart peers to learn from. Opportunity for growth when you demonstrate potential.

Cons

Not really a con, but expected: compensation generally lags behind performance. Work can be very ambiguous at times. Many peers are spread very thin. Apple has a "show me" culture which generally requires you to work periods of double-time to prove your own ideas.

Living the dream

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The store I have the pleasure of working in is beyond incredible. Staffed to perfection. Everyone is so kind and we all support each other in our growth opportunities as well as praising each other in our strengths. There is no situation that could rise where you face it alone. The benefits are astonishing, which just shows how great this company truly is.

Cons

Dealing with difficult customers. Sometimes short handed on genius's. Schedules being done in a way where you're set to work 7-10 days in a row.

Keep doing what you're doing. I couldn't be blessed with a better management team. Each and every one of them are so kind and know our names. We all matter and play a vital piece to the store, which management always reminds us of.

Good company, very supportive structure.

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly environment, lots of resources for improvement.

Cons

A great deal of micromanaging, lots of metrics that are very difficult to control and maintain good customer service scores.

Some metrics are counter productive, like escalation and handle times.

Not Your Typical Retail Gig

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You work with some amazing, talented, and intelligent people. The hiring process is fairly rigorous, so you get coworkers who are pretty interesting, outgoing, and creative. The products for the most part sell themselves, although you do have to do some work to sell add-ons such as AppleCare or other memberships. Fast paced (could be a pro or con depending on personality) and upbeat workplace.

Cons

Sales numbers and metrics are tracked and while it depends on your store's managers, you can either feel very pressured to perform or not. The customers can be pretty hard to deal with, there are certainly good ones, but the bad ones are REALLY bad. There is also pressure not to call out sick or miss work days as the stores are pretty busy. Unless you're very lucky, you will be working most weekends for sure. I have known a few people who have worked out getting weekends off, but it's not common.

The company is great, but the average retail woes. Not a lot of career development.

Former Employee - Business Specialist in Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Specialist in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits are really great and the fact that they pay for transportation (public transit).

Cons

Poor leadership and not a lot of connection to the corporate section.

More career development that leads to opportunities outside of the retail world.

Apple

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fast Changing Environment in high-tech

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Difficult to take vacation

The product is amazing, and so are the people who work there.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is fun, the products are fantastic, and they teach you how to use all of them.They pay well, and offer many opportunities for advancement, and the benefits are amazing.

Cons

Make sure to consistently have a positive attitude, and sometimes it may take a long time to get promoted depending on what you're going for.

Fun for short term, although limited progression and repetitive after a while.

Former Employee - Apple Genius in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Apple Genius in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Apple part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are what make this job - they are smart, social and savvy (mostly).

Great discount and a company I'm proud to say I've worked for.

Excellent training - not only about the products but with dealing with customers.

Cons

The job itself can get very repetitive after a while.

Whilst, the company values are good, it can sometimes get a bit happy-clappy. It seemed that you're promoted and assessed on your willingness to conform to a set of strict values, rather than your ability.

Limited progression.

As with any retail job, it can be difficult to get holiday off around Christmas.

Felt short-staffed at times.

As my time at Apple went on, the autonomy I had in my role continually shrunk until I felt like a cog in a wheel. The low point was when John Browett was in charge - don't let that disaster happen again!