Apple Reviews

3,764 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,042 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

The best job in retail

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Apple part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture here is one that focuses on teamwork and self development. I always felt like I was supported by my team members and those that managed me.

Cons

I can't say anyting bad about this company. I always felt supported and cared about. There aren't many retail jobs that I can say that about.

Apple is a great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA (US)

I worked at Apple

Pros

The first thing I noticed was that the people I worked with were super nice. Although there are inevitably jerks everywhere, Apple has surprisingly few of them. I also really loved the work/life balance. People at Apple have the time and flexibility to manage their lives outside of work, and it shows through in generally happy and healthy employees.

Cons

Murky and flat organizational structure can make figuring out a career path somewhat tricky. Extreme secrecy hampers Apple's drive for collaborative creativity.

Management might reconsider the level of secrecy at Apple. Leaks seem inevitable in this era of media scrutiny, and trying to maintain secrecy can be a real burden on employees.

Great Experience as an Apple Campus Rep

Former Employee - Apple Campus Representative
    Former Employee - Apple Campus Representative

I worked at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours and decent wage. I did enjoy the training modules and the weekend training in Cupertino was the most fun I've ever had! And the people that I meet on the trip were the greatest.

Cons

Too many objectives that it was hard to achieve everything. Didn't feel like I grew through the experience, wished there was more guidance along the way.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smart, self-directed employees; great culture; occasionally disruptive reorgs

Current Employee - Manager  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Getting to work with smart people is great.

Most people are self-starters who are driven to accomplishment and Apple culture reinforces that drive.

In some teams resources are easy to get as long as you provide the product or customer focused justification.

Cons

Deep reorganization within a group did not consider the skills of the smaller teams or individuals well.

If you are used to being a big fish in a smaller pond, you'll need to become skilled at suppressing your ego.

Annual review process having only 3 levels and then adjusting those from upper management to 'balance' is insulting to the excellent people on my team; however, compensation is a much better received.

Add clear goals and tracking toward those goals within all teams and related to processes as well. Hyper focus on 'features' when defined too narrowly because they are the easiest to understand leaves other aspects of the business to be managed at varying levels of quality depending on the management chain.

Work of your lifetime

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

technical freedom, fast-paced, high visibility, employees just love their products and company..

Cons

growth is challenging...too many good people..

work like a startup..work hard to hire the right people..

Fun place to work!

I worked at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Everyone in the company loves the product. It's also really exciting to be a part of a culture that is in the spotlight. Everyone wants to know what you're working on. The food is good and the people are awesome, too.

Cons

Need-to-know company and sometimes the secrecy can be hindering when trying to meet your co-workers.

Excellent Job!

Current Employee - AppleCare Senior Advisor
    Current Employee - AppleCare Senior Advisor

I have been working at Apple full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers and customers; great benefits and pay; training is solid and the company makes you feel valued

Cons

to be successful you need to be willing to grow, change, and adapt

Awesome job!

A passionate company filled with top talent.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros

1. Small and diverse team.
    2. Awesome manager. The kind of person you would enjoy having a beer with after work. Also paid a lot of attention to needs of developers.
    3. Very informal culture (flexible hours, wear what you want, can be open and casual with management).
    4. Good gyms and great cafeteria. Free dinners too.
    5. Cool factor and get to deploy code to millions of people even as an intern.

Cons

1. The work can get challenging!
    2. I am not sure if the company continues to remain the leader in innovation.
    3. Could have more perks like free lunches.

Apple is growing quickly now, more than ever. Please try and maintain the unique culture at Apple. I love the startup feel! Don't turn into IBM!

Great Stepping Stone

Former Employee - Apple Retail - Expert  in  Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Apple Retail - Expert in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of customer facing experience. If not familiar with customer facing or retail environment, this job is a great way to break in.
    Most stores run very well. Many little jobs to make the big picture a better thing.
    Great pay for retail job.

Cons

Long hours (like most retail jobs)
    Glass ceiling. Really hard to move up.

Connect with your team, learn and really know them.

2 years at Apple (retail store 'Specialist')

Current Employee - Specialist  in  Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

Exciting company to work for.
    If you're suited for the role, it's very rewarding to provide solutions for customers.
    I had a phenomenal store leader - don't know if everyone else does, but he was pretty spectacular as a management figure.
    Comfortable working environment
    Not 100% target driven. Good morals/values.

Cons

For the mediocre salary, a lot is demanded of 'Specialists' for our knowledge level and the demands placed on us. Don't go into it thinking it will be a run-of-the-mill retail job - it's a lot more demanding than that.
    No career progression at all for the vast majority of employees.
    This is because EVERYONE wants to work for apple, which results in them cherry-picking the absolute cream of society for even the most 'basic' retail roles such as mine. Therefore, to stand out and be one of the very few people who get any kind of career progression each year, you have to be an unbelievable human being - and frankly, if you are, you could be earning a lot more elsewhere.

Excellent in most aspects. However, you should be painfully aware of the talent working for you, and remind yourselves regularly that the acceptance rate is less than 1% in the first place. Every person there is phenomenal would most likely be better off financially in almost any other company - we are only working for Apple because we enjoy it. Either reward this through higher pay, or through some form of career progression.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!