Apple Reviews

3,698 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
1,967 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

Mind-expanding.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a Specialist on the Sales Floor of a very busy and tiny Apple Store. Learning curve was tremendous and challenging and completely outrageously fun. I was being paid to know every wonderful thing about Apple products and services and to share my enthusiasm with interested consumers. Perks were few and far between but appreciated nonetheless. No promotion sought; was a part-timer. Compensation; pretty low.

Cons

Weekends and nights and holiday drudgery for Apple Retail. 12 hour shifts Black Friday. Corporate did not appreciate Retail Employees enough. Blanket emails sent to every employee giving the 'entire' company off except Retail was unappreciated.

I left because I had a very difficult time attending mandatory meetings on 7 weekends in three of the four quarters of the calendar year. (Who knows how many meetings were coming in the fourth quarter!) I would still be there today, learning and truly helping and guiding people with years of knowledge and advice about these unmatched computers, mobile devices, services and 3rd party products. The company management was inflexible. It was a difficult decision to leave.

Be yourself.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist  in  Pasadena, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Pasadena, CA (US)

I worked at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

At Apple, there is a saying: "Its soul is its people." I'd agree. While at Apple I had the opportunity to work with some of the most creative, brilliant, and outgoing individuals that a retail environment can offer.

The really is a an Apple culture can be defined as individualistic. At Apple they want your own creativity, and individualism to be your strength. They capitalize on quirkiness, friendliness, and exuberance.

Cons

At the retail level the cons are the same as any other retail job. You have irregular scheduling throughout the week which puts a damper on creating any type of consistency. Be prepared to work holidays although Apple does do holiday pay which is great!

The "Apple of Retail," but the "Retail of Apple."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for a great company, with theoretical room for advancement. It is fun to always be on the cutting edge of technology.

Cons

At the end of the day, it is still retail. Although Apple stresses customer satisfaction, the real factor is the almighty dollar. Apple had a trend of hiring managers from outside the industry (i.e. from Starbucks) to manage people with technical training (Genii and Creatives). Skilled workers do not like taking marching orders from unskilled managers who could not do the jobs themselves.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great mission, but career development is difficult

Former Employee - Ios Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Ios Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Believe in the mission. Everyone is focused on delivering the best product to Apple's users.
    * Very collaborative
    * Great perks
    * Cafe Macs has amazing food
    * Every well financially compensated
    * Social responsible company

Cons

* Politics can get in the way of work progress
    * They haven't figured out how to do continuous integration at their scale. Lots of wasted time on non engineering configuration.
    * Living-on program is basically having everything you use: your phone, computer, apple TV, Xcode, etc. broken 70% of the time.
    * Engineering management is reactive. They under invest in testing, automation and continuous integration. As a result loads of productivity is wasted at the company and the organization constantly misses QA sign off on features.
    * Employee growth is not valued, only current contribution. Very difficult to change roles, work on something as a side project or have impact outside your immediate team. No ability to work on actual projects/apps outside of work due to contract.

Invest proactively in your software development process to increase productivity.
    Encourage employee growth, thats where innovation comes from.

One of the Best jobs I have ever had.

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store)  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to help those who do not know anything about computers. it is a very enthrilling job and I loved every minute of it. I would have loved to keep the job, but I couldn't with all my personal events.

Cons

Some people are idiots and it can be hard to work through their problems with them. If they do something that causes them to lose all of their data then they blame you.

Great job!

One of the BEST places to work

Former Employee - AOS Blended Agent  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Former Employee - AOS Blended Agent in Austin, TX (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Metrics based and goal driven grading
    options to work from home
    good location
    cafeteria
    gym
    transportation or shuttles

Cons

can be long hours
    very stressful
    hard to get in or seen

make it easier for people to directly apply with Apple without all the entry level jobs being through a staffing company.

Great Company

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very fast paced work environment with a huge emphasis on results.

Cons

Difficult to move around in the company.

Magical retail job.

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Loved my team, managers and overall job exp. Great company to work for when the rest of the tech industry is flat.

Cons

It is still retail. And you have the schedule and crabby people that go along with that.

Fast paced, challenging but growth and benefits amazing

Current Employee - Lead Genius  in  Detroit, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Lead Genius in Detroit, MI (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation, benefits and discounts as well as the company culture.

Cons

Work life balance is good, but the typical retail schedule sucks.

Awesome

I worked at Apple full-time

Pros

Great work ethic and culture

Cons

Tough to get into the Supply chain sector

Invest in hiring entry level grads

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!