Apple Reviews

3,894 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,134 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 240 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 204 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 243 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 148 reviews)

More Highlights

Opportunities abound. There is plenty of room to grow here.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Despite some public opinion, Apple is an extremely ethical company. Lots of smart peers to learn from. Opportunity for growth when you demonstrate potential.

Cons

Not really a con, but expected: compensation generally lags behind performance. Work can be very ambiguous at times. Many peers are spread very thin. Apple has a "show me" culture which generally requires you to work periods of double-time to prove your own ideas.

Living the dream

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The store I have the pleasure of working in is beyond incredible. Staffed to perfection. Everyone is so kind and we all support each other in our growth opportunities as well as praising each other in our strengths. There is no situation that could rise where you face it alone. The benefits are astonishing, which just shows how great this company truly is.

Cons

Dealing with difficult customers. Sometimes short handed on genius's. Schedules being done in a way where you're set to work 7-10 days in a row.

Keep doing what you're doing. I couldn't be blessed with a better management team. Each and every one of them are so kind and know our names. We all matter and play a vital piece to the store, which management always reminds us of.

Good company, very supportive structure.

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly environment, lots of resources for improvement.

Cons

A great deal of micromanaging, lots of metrics that are very difficult to control and maintain good customer service scores.

Some metrics are counter productive, like escalation and handle times.

Genius administrator at apple

I have been working at Apple

Pros

The benefits outweigh the cons

Cons

The benefits make you not want to leave

Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity. Access to managers you support. Personal growth and great pay.

Cons

Applicant tracking system isn't amazing.

Impove ATS.

Good place to learn

I have been working at Apple

Pros

You will work very hard

Cons

bonuses are terrible unless you are a manager

Fantastic

Current Employee - Specialist in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting hired at Apple has to be one of the best things that have ever happen to me!
    Extremely flexible with scheduling, the vibe from my team members alway keeps me going, and the acknowledgment of hard work you put in is appreciated.
    Best retail job hands down!
    Also, the benefits and pay is great especially for a college student.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about!

More communication with team members on floor, especially when it comes down to communicating with a customer.

Passion for Apple

Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is awesome and managers at Apple do not micromanaged you. The hourly rate is great in comparison to other retailers as well. Many discounts on products in the store and offer great medical discounts are offered by Apple which is great.
    Also, there is major opportunity for development within the company which makes it a great place to start your career.

Cons

Cons is the promotions within take a long time because there are so man people trying to get promoted at the same time as you.

Awesome company for growth

Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The possibilities are endless in this company. Almost every month there are different positions that are available for you to apply. The culture is extremely laid back. The managers (most) really care what you have to say and work with you to meet your career goals and help you develop into an awesome leader.

Cons

I'd say it is very difficult in some departments to be noticed, considering there are LOTS of people that do exactly what you do. Overall what I am trying to say its you absolutely have got to be the BEST or innovative (which is key) to be noticed and can get a promotion or raise. My opinion, a 5-10% increase in the current salaries / per hour increase would be just fine considering that we work our butts off.

Keep up the good work. Management is excellent. Maybe focus more on career building.

Still a great place to work, but maybe too many B+/A- players

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

Apple wants to do great things and they value passion in employees. They run a very tight ship with operations that are second to none.

Cons

As much as Steve Jobs used to say Apple is "flat", it really isn't. It's very structured and political. You are supposed to "stay in your swim lane" and not worry about what other teams are doing. For some employees that's fine (and even desired), but if you are a big picture thinker you like to know the big picture and that makes it hard. If you try to help in other areas too much you are likely to get your leash yanked to get you back in line. It almost feels like they want to crush the disruptive innovators in the organization and get a bunch of mindless followers.

Encourage disruption! Don't promote people just because they have seniority, promote the people who are best at what the job requires.