Apple Reviews

3,877 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,123 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 240 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 204 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 241 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 147 reviews)

More Highlights

Living the dream

Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Family Room Specialist in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The store I have the pleasure of working in is beyond incredible. Staffed to perfection. Everyone is so kind and we all support each other in our growth opportunities as well as praising each other in our strengths. There is no situation that could rise where you face it alone. The benefits are astonishing, which just shows how great this company truly is.

Cons

Dealing with difficult customers. Sometimes short handed on genius's. Schedules being done in a way where you're set to work 7-10 days in a row.

Keep doing what you're doing. I couldn't be blessed with a better management team. Each and every one of them are so kind and know our names. We all matter and play a vital piece to the store, which management always reminds us of.

Not Your Typical Retail Gig

Former Employee - Specialist
    Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You work with some amazing, talented, and intelligent people. The hiring process is fairly rigorous, so you get coworkers who are pretty interesting, outgoing, and creative. The products for the most part sell themselves, although you do have to do some work to sell add-ons such as AppleCare or other memberships. Fast paced (could be a pro or con depending on personality) and upbeat workplace.

Cons

Sales numbers and metrics are tracked and while it depends on your store's managers, you can either feel very pressured to perform or not. The customers can be pretty hard to deal with, there are certainly good ones, but the bad ones are REALLY bad. There is also pressure not to call out sick or miss work days as the stores are pretty busy. Unless you're very lucky, you will be working most weekends for sure. I have known a few people who have worked out getting weekends off, but it's not common.

Good company, very supportive structure.

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Tucson, AZ (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly environment, lots of resources for improvement.

Cons

A great deal of micromanaging, lots of metrics that are very difficult to control and maintain good customer service scores.

Some metrics are counter productive, like escalation and handle times.

The product is amazing, and so are the people who work there.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The atmosphere is fun, the products are fantastic, and they teach you how to use all of them.They pay well, and offer many opportunities for advancement, and the benefits are amazing.

Cons

Make sure to consistently have a positive attitude, and sometimes it may take a long time to get promoted depending on what you're going for.

Fantastic

Current Employee - Specialist in Miami, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Specialist in Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting hired at Apple has to be one of the best things that have ever happen to me!
    Extremely flexible with scheduling, the vibe from my team members alway keeps me going, and the acknowledgment of hard work you put in is appreciated.
    Best retail job hands down!
    Also, the benefits and pay is great especially for a college student.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about!

More communication with team members on floor, especially when it comes down to communicating with a customer.

Passion for Apple

Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is awesome and managers at Apple do not micromanaged you. The hourly rate is great in comparison to other retailers as well. Many discounts on products in the store and offer great medical discounts are offered by Apple which is great.
    Also, there is major opportunity for development within the company which makes it a great place to start your career.

Cons

Cons is the promotions within take a long time because there are so man people trying to get promoted at the same time as you.

Awesome company for growth

Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Applecare Advisor in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The possibilities are endless in this company. Almost every month there are different positions that are available for you to apply. The culture is extremely laid back. The managers (most) really care what you have to say and work with you to meet your career goals and help you develop into an awesome leader.

Cons

I'd say it is very difficult in some departments to be noticed, considering there are LOTS of people that do exactly what you do. Overall what I am trying to say its you absolutely have got to be the BEST or innovative (which is key) to be noticed and can get a promotion or raise. My opinion, a 5-10% increase in the current salaries / per hour increase would be just fine considering that we work our butts off.

Keep up the good work. Management is excellent. Maybe focus more on career building.

Still a great place to work, but maybe too many B+/A- players

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

Apple wants to do great things and they value passion in employees. They run a very tight ship with operations that are second to none.

Cons

As much as Steve Jobs used to say Apple is "flat", it really isn't. It's very structured and political. You are supposed to "stay in your swim lane" and not worry about what other teams are doing. For some employees that's fine (and even desired), but if you are a big picture thinker you like to know the big picture and that makes it hard. If you try to help in other areas too much you are likely to get your leash yanked to get you back in line. It almost feels like they want to crush the disruptive innovators in the organization and get a bunch of mindless followers.

Encourage disruption! Don't promote people just because they have seniority, promote the people who are best at what the job requires.

Fun for short term, although limited progression and repetitive after a while.

Former Employee - Apple Genius in Cambridge, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Apple Genius in Cambridge, MA (US)

I worked at Apple part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you work with are what make this job - they are smart, social and savvy (mostly).

Great discount and a company I'm proud to say I've worked for.

Excellent training - not only about the products but with dealing with customers.

Cons

The job itself can get very repetitive after a while.

Whilst, the company values are good, it can sometimes get a bit happy-clappy. It seemed that you're promoted and assessed on your willingness to conform to a set of strict values, rather than your ability.

Limited progression.

As with any retail job, it can be difficult to get holiday off around Christmas.

Felt short-staffed at times.

As my time at Apple went on, the autonomy I had in my role continually shrunk until I felt like a cog in a wheel. The low point was when John Browett was in charge - don't let that disaster happen again!

2 years Specialist 1 year Family Room Specialist

Current Employee - Apple Family Room Specialist in Washington, DC (US)
    Current Employee - Apple Family Room Specialist in Washington, DC (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent caring management. Many options for advancement to mid tier positions. Excellent benefits.

Cons

No set schedule. Not many options for advancement above mid tier positions. Some positions misclassified as mid tier when they ought to be higher tier and higher pay due to job intensity and difficulty.

Recognize that Family Room Specialist is a harder job than Genius and pay them equally.