Apple

Apple Reviews in Toronto, ON

Updated Feb 20, 2014

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

20 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Apple retail is a nice job to have if you have your own side business. Don't even think about move up to corporate

Family Room Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsMeeting a lot of cool people.

ConsToo many talented employers but too many less intelligent managers. I mean it.

Advice to Senior Managementto who? to Tim Cook? I like him but I want Steve back. Please bring him back to us.

Lots of possibilities

Genius (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe best part about working for apple is its People and culture

ConsThe worst part is working Retail hours and weekends

Inventory Specialist

Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThere is always something new happening at Apple, whether it is a new product launch or some other new process/initiatives, so the work is always interesting. Since they hiring process is very thorough most of the employees that do get hired are great people to work with. And while some would disagree I would consider the compensation an benefits to be very competitive.

ConsThere are very limited avenues for career progression, especially for those not interested in becoming a store manager. Managers have the ability to make exceptions for customers that you rarely get the same answer from different managers as they all are just making decisions on the fly as there is very little structure to their decision making. Sometimes there is too much focus of having the "Apple" attitude that those who do get the majority of the work done are seen as under performing as they aren't being "Apple" enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more opportunities for people to build careers where they aren't stuck in the same position for 5+ years or else they will just keep leaving once they finally realize there is nowhere for them to go.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place - Great people

Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsAwesome group of people. lots of talent. family oriented.

ConsGets too busy. can get stressful and overwhelming during busy seasons

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Bittersweet, hard to maintain work life balance

Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsProduct discounts. Candidates hired tend to be very Smart

ConsLack of employer empathy towards subordinates

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployes need more reasons to stay with be company

Its ok

Mac Genius (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood pay when you reach top

ConsGlass ceilings the limit. Once you get there... thats it

Mix of positive and negative - position is

Apple Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFlexible(ish) hours; decent salary + commission structure; pride in getting to say you work for Apple; decent employee discount for personal and friends/family; relative freedom in this position as you work largely on your own.

ConsHave to work weekends all the time; management doesn't truly listen to concerns about traffic and general business, they just want more sales and don't care how you get them; if store traffic is down so is your commission (generally);

Advice to Senior ManagementStop forcing ASCs to treat their role as if it's their own business - they have no control over most of what happens in the retail store they are placed in (Best Buy or Future Shop) and are little more than glorified trainers/sub-managers. Listen to your employees when they talk about traffic, demographics and other concerns - don't just brush it off saying it's the same everywhere. Guess what? It's not.

Not even an iPod shuffle

Genius Administrative (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros-Amazing People
    -Great for resume
    -Keeps you on your toes
    -Always in the know of new technology

Cons-Company and Management do not care about you
    -Small space, alot of people
    -No incentives

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to learn about the technology...don't be afraid of the floor..come out if the office.

Working at Apple is like joining a cult

Retail Specialist (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFor a retail job it pays slightly higher then a clothing store

ConsExtremely high expectations with no incentive to succeed other then to not be fired. Do not expect any commission, do not expect to work with attractive people, do not expect positive reinforcement or effective coaching.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are desperate nobody's who have aligned your personal self worth into a giant corporation's success with nothing else in your lives to make you worth knowing or speaking to. Absolutely pathetic.

Decent pay, but you earn it.

Expert (Apple Store) (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsCompetitive financial compensation, but you'll never be busier in your life. You will learn more about customer service and managing relationships than you ever have before.

ConsIt's still retail at the end of the day. There is a glass ceiling. It's very difficult to get into leadership roles, and even harder, near impossible to go corporate. Only 2% make it to Corporate. So many talented people had to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop brining in outside management. Promote your own people. Too many talented people have already left because they had to put up with political bs from ex-Gap, Pottery Barn, Old Navy managers who don't "get apple".

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!