AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros:
  • "It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different"
    in 5 reviews
  • "They work hard to find you a job and communicate very well with you while you are searching for a job"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A family business where you can find a place to grow.

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

ProsIt is a large organization with deep resources while remaining very entrepreneurial in spirit. There aren't a lot of levels of approval or hierarchy and good ideas and effort are appreciated. It is family run, and management really does care deeply about its employees. If you are on the sales side growth is there for the taking and the company provides fantastic training and development resources

ConsThe flat hierarchy and long corporate tenure means that in non-sales roles there aren't as many levels to be promoted into. The company still supports growth, but it's a little less defined than it is on the sales side, and you'll want to take a more active role in directing your career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working to hire great people who will be able to grow into your future superstars.

Good company to work for!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThey found me good paying jobs quickly.

ConsI wasn't in a position to be offered any permanent positions.

Best temp agency I've ever worked with!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Oceanport, NJ (US)

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

ProsI have worked with AppleOne both on Wall Street and in the Asbury Park/Shore area of NJ. Both offices had very proactive reps, had no payroll problems and, when I worked on Wall Street in 2010 during a series of extreme snow storms, kept me informed as to whether I should report to work. In NJ, my rep checks in monthly with me as to how things are going. They have placed me in my current temp-to-perm assignment and in another long-term assignment that ended two months before my current assignment, which, given the economy around here after Sandy, is pretty amazing.

ConsCan be slow to replace temps with poor job performance, attendance, or skill sets.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen both your other employees on assignment at a job and the customer complain about the poor work habits or productivity, remove them from the job rather than giving them a pep talk.

Flag Review

AppleOne Marketing Manager responded to this review

Apr 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us on Glassdoor.

We appreciate the feedback and advice, and are glad that our service exceeded your expectations.

Please keep us in mind for
... More

Good company to start your HR career

Staffing Consultant (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

ProsTeam oriented, clear goals for promotions and complete transparency within each branch.

ConsHigh stress level and hard work life balance.

Account executive

Account Executive (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to work. Very good training and safe friendly work environment.

ConsTurnover is to high.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen door policies.

Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AppleOne full-time

ProsGood to start your career

ConsCold calls
Fake job postings
Ethics
Low pay
Terrible benefits
Low commission on sales
Micromanagement
Leadership is completely removed from reality

Internal Recruiters beware

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at AppleOne full-time

ProsThis company is good if you get a location that can put aside the BS and actually perform. If you focus and sell sell sell, the reward $$$ will be good. Orlando office is great, other FL locations beware.

ConsInflexible schedule, sales focused (even if hired in "recruitment" focused position), too many politics, unintelligent leadership. Terrible vacation policy.

Poor Follow-Up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Temecula, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor

ProsWhen you do get an assignment you are paid weekly.

ConsI was contacted by AppleOne for a short term position in 2013. I completed that position and was given a great recommendation from the company. Several weeks went by with no contact even though I updated my availability. I called my advisor for protocol after seeing a couple of temp to hire positions online I was interested in and she said to go through their office. After requesting they submit my application for those positions (different locations) I never got a response back. I sent an email with no response so I called and was told "I'll look into it and get back with you" and they never did.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm sure you are busy but don't leave people hanging. It only takes a minute to send an email.

Disappointing

Recruiter (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

ProsGood peer working relationships, friendly people, some degree of flexibility, decent tools available, strong brand identity in the marketplace.

ConsManagement is more focused on transactions than relationships. Management also routinely oversold the strength of the company's client relationships and the strength of their business developers. There's a lot of sizzle but no steak, from an earnings perspective.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with potential employees on the way in as well as on the way out. You're supposed to be recruitment experts but you do a dismal job of recruiting your own staff.

Was a good experience..

I have been working at AppleOne

ProsGreat job placement and reasonable pay.

ConsI was let go without notice that the job was ending.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppleOne reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd. All 138 reviews are posted anonymously by AppleOne employees.