AppleOne

AppleOne Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros:
  • "It's fast-paced, with high turnover, regardless of what agency you work for"
    in 5 reviews
  • "They work hard to find you a job and communicate very well with you while you are searching for a job"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Don't protect their temp-to-hire employees the way HR should"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Best temp agency I've ever worked with!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Oceanport, NJ (US)

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

ProsI have worked with AppleOne both on Wall Street and in the Asbury Park/Shore area of NJ. Both offices had very proactive reps, had no payroll problems and, when I worked on Wall Street in 2010 during a series of extreme snow storms, kept me informed as to whether I should report to work. In NJ, my rep checks in monthly with me as to how things are going. They have placed me in my current temp-to-perm assignment and in another long-term assignment that ended two months before my current assignment, which, given the economy around here after Sandy, is pretty amazing.

ConsCan be slow to replace temps with poor job performance, attendance, or skill sets.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen both your other employees on assignment at a job and the customer complain about the poor work habits or productivity, remove them from the job rather than giving them a pep talk.

Good company to start your HR career

Staffing Consultant (Former Employee)
Fremont, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

ProsTeam oriented, clear goals for promotions and complete transparency within each branch.

ConsHigh stress level and hard work life balance.

Account executive

Account Executive (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to work. Very good training and safe friendly work environment.

ConsTurnover is to high.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen door policies.

Was a good experience..

I have been working at AppleOne

ProsGreat job placement and reasonable pay.

ConsI was let go without notice that the job was ending.

They Never Gave Up on Me!!!

Administration/Receptionist (Current Employee)
Summerville, SC (US)

I have been working at AppleOne full-time

ProsWorking with Rachelle Hobus and Michelle Cooper is definitely a Pro! They are determined and never give up on you. I had my share of interviews with companies they set up for me, and although some hired other candidates I was treated with care and still called for other opportunities almost once a week, All in all, they will continue to find jobs until you are hired. I am proud to say I finally have a contract with one of the top companies in my area, If you are looking for a career AppleOne is the agency that will find it for you!!!

ConsMy only con is that I had to compete with so many other great people on my quest. Which is a testament and pro for AppleOne that they obviously choose great people for this competitive market...

Account Executive

I worked at AppleOne full-time

ProsGood to start your career

ConsCold calls
Fake job postings
Ethics
Low pay
Terrible benefits
Low commission on sales
Micromanagement
Leadership is completely removed from reality

Internal Recruiters beware

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at AppleOne full-time

ProsThis company is good if you get a location that can put aside the BS and actually perform. If you focus and sell sell sell, the reward $$$ will be good. Orlando office is great, other FL locations beware.

ConsInflexible schedule, sales focused (even if hired in "recruitment" focused position), too many politics, unintelligent leadership. Terrible vacation policy.

Poor Follow-Up

Temecula, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor

ProsWhen you do get an assignment you are paid weekly.

ConsI was contacted by AppleOne for a short term position in 2013. I completed that position and was given a great recommendation from the company. Several weeks went by with no contact even though I updated my availability. I called my advisor for protocol after seeing a couple of temp to hire positions online I was interested in and she said to go through their office. After requesting they submit my application for those positions (different locations) I never got a response back. I sent an email with no response so I called and was told "I'll look into it and get back with you" and they never did.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm sure you are busy but don't leave people hanging. It only takes a minute to send an email.

Disappointing

Recruiter (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than a year

ProsGood peer working relationships, friendly people, some degree of flexibility, decent tools available, strong brand identity in the marketplace.

ConsManagement is more focused on transactions than relationships. Management also routinely oversold the strength of the company's client relationships and the strength of their business developers. There's a lot of sizzle but no steak, from an earnings perspective.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with potential employees on the way in as well as on the way out. You're supposed to be recruitment experts but you do a dismal job of recruiting your own staff.

AppleOne is a great company to work for and build a career

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI worked for AppleOne for almost 10-years and recently relocated and took an offer from another company. AppleOne has a supportive environment that pushes people toward success. You have to be a self-driven person, as this is a sales environment, so people who want to show up and get all the recognition handed to them will never succeed.

ConsI would say that this biggest challenge is being self-driven. The company offers tons of training and support, but does not coddle its' people and will let you go in the early stages if you are not performing.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough this company is one of the better places to work, I would just say that Senior and Executive Management needs to be more aware that some of the top performers in the company will cut corners and do not run their "desks" with integrity. This creates hostility in the ranks and causes distractions from the day to day business. AppleOne has lost a lot of great employees due to this fact.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AppleOne reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd. All 135 reviews are posted anonymously by AppleOne employees.