Applied Information Sciences
www.appliedis.com Reston, VA 150 to 499 Employees

Applied Information Sciences Reviews

Updated Apr 07, 2014

Fred Elleman

Okay.. but not a secure place. Can fire anyone anytime!

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences

ProsProvides good working conditions and enough liberty to excel yourself.

ConsYou never know which project goes down and which resource is thrown out.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep enough backup funds so that you can feed your employees for at least 6 months since your projects are very uncertain

Think and join dont drink and join

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time for less than a year

ProsWork form home ..no formals

ConsPlease dont join AIS.There is no job security in Hyderabad.Think many times before joining this farce company.Job security is always in doldrums.They promise a lot when you join and show you heaven and stars when you join but any time you are at the mercy of God and License Raj.Always have buffer of 2 -3 months salary with you for you dont know when you get a kick on the butt. In a span of 12 months they have fired around 50 people in Hyderabad(around Total 150 strength in HYD 25 in august 2013 and 25 in march 2014).If you have joined always go to temple or mosque before coming to office because any day could be your last day in office.Also watch old episodes of Big Boos 1-7 and think yourself the house.This might boost your confidence and moral and might acclimatise you in case you are fired out. Pray to God if you have already joined and be sure to Visit Tirupati devasthanam or any dargha every month after you get your salary. People have been hired and fired within 2-3 months of joining.I have seen firing and hiring both going at the same time.Live example of Mutli threading and async pattern implementation lol!They promise you a lot when you join but as you know looks and talks all are deceptive..!Live example of Facade design pattern...!Dont ruin your future.Be prudent and smart.!Dont get fooled!Beware!.I will always say NO to guys who all are working in MNC in Hyderabad and planning to join this tiny company which runs under tyranny of singleton managing Director.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink innumerable times before taking people in.You are all losing your credibility..! Take vendors if you need you can't digest full time employee even for a year.Don't over use catch and throw employees as exhaustively as we use it in .net framework .Don't play with employees life.Many have family to sustain.I don't think you understand mental torture a family goes through when some one is fired.Visit your employee on Saturdays and Sundays and spend some time in thier home so that you might fall in love with your employees-and their families rather than parting out in 5 start hotels so that you might think before you mass fire! As Ratan Tata has said If you want to walk fast you walk alone and if you want to walk far you walk with a company of people.If you need to grow dont panic and fire have a heart of lion everytinng needs a time.Best of luck!

Good, but may fired anytime.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Hyderābād

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Salary, Flexible work timings and good work atmosphere

ConsNever known when the project goes down and fired out.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to plan at least for the next 6 months to handle the uncertainty.

Bad experience, hire & fire strategy

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time for more than a year

Pros1) Scope to work on latest technologies.
2) Flexible work timings and work from home option.

Cons1) Less growth rate
2) Hierarchy is not proper, you will work under one manager and your appraisal review will done by someone else whom you never spoke to.
3) No vision & road map to higher management.
4) Hire & Fire strategy. I have seen it twice. Hire when a project is in pipeline, fire when project is lost. I have seen this couple of times and the firing is at high count.
5) Spend money lavishly on unnecessary parties.
6) Bonus amount not given to employees who have worked for the whole year and put their resignation.
7) HR management doesn't care about employees and doesn't respond to the mails.
8) Only few client base which is the reason for failure of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is not the way to run a company, hire & fire policy should not be the strategy. Have a vision and target good clients

Very nice organization to work with.

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Hyderābād

Pros- Good work environment.
- Not many levels of managers.
- Gives opportunities to explore on new technologies.
- Friendly environment.
- Good salary.
- Work from home flexibility. Even work from remote place flexibility.
- No formal dress code :)
- Managers are ready to talk on any matter.
- Based on performance people get yearly bonus.

Cons- Everyone has to set their own goals for the year. This has a pros also that everyone gets opportunity to decide what he/she wants to do.
- Management is very strict towards low performing candidates.

Advice to Senior Management- Keep discussing every matter with team members.

Just beware before Joining !!!!! You are taking a Risk !!!

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Applied Information Sciences full-time for more than a year

ProsExcept Salary nothing is Good !!!!

ConsNo process, No Management. Team Leaders doesn't know how to speak !!! they will attract you by Salary but beware you will be in Trap !!! They will tell you about work from Home and Latest Technology, but with my Exp. i can assure you are going to work till Night every Day, and the Most important thing they having very few good Clients and if you will refuse to work in Nights, you can be fired any time. Managers are Virtual Candidates here.Work wise clients are giving only Garbage works with new Technologies :)

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst of all company doesn't have any process to handle any Situation.So there is no question about Manager or Management, For my case you can imagine that i didn't get a Single chance to meet my Manager.If you wanna survive here , you have to work by your own with no Help.

Very bad company to work with

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)
Hyderābād

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time for less than a year

ProsGood Salary...Nothing else is good

ConsThey fired 40 people out of 100 from Hyderabad office. Dont go by their "We have Microsoft Guys" speech ! They Will throw you out Once the project is done within 3 to 6 months. Very unplanned team structure. Daily Calls at mid night will make your life hell. Dont go by their Flexible timing prank. They keep 10% of salary as Bonus amount. They dont give a penny out of the 10% salary which is your right !

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up. Admit your responsibilities as an employer. You fire people when project is done and insult them by telling that their performance is bad. You keep their legitimate bonus which is 10% of their salary and dont even give them their due.

Excellent company to work

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences

ProsGood working environment, recognition for your work, highly talented & Technical managers, latest technology exposure.

ConsFlat structure, Company is doing good.. not cons at this point.

Excellent to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Hyderābād

I have been working at Applied Information Sciences full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility in work timings, Technologies to work,Good managers, no bossism,Employee friendly management, work from home

ConsNothing as such. only thing is new people are joining with good salalries which drawing attention of old emps.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing. Gr8 place to work

It Was good experience working with AIS

QA Tester (Current Employee)
Hyderābād

ProsGood Flexibility options and very good for those who want to learn new technologies.

ConsNot Process oriented company. Follows Agile methodologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the good work

Worked for Applied Information Sciences? Contribute to the Community!

Applied Information Sciences – Why Work for Us?

About Us AIS is a privately held, technical services company headquartered in Reston, Virginia with offices in Maryland, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas and India. AIS employs more than 400 people and realizes more than… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Applied Information Sciences reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Applied Information Sciences CEO Fred Elleman. All 22 reviews are posted anonymously by Applied Information Sciences employees.