Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Reviews

Updated Apr 08, 2014

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long

Mike Long

Pros:
  • "Good compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work"
    in 15 reviews
  • "People can work with peace of mind with good Work life balance"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management places no more value on their employees than they would a copy machine"
    in 10 reviews
  • "There is virtually no career advancement opportunities"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

provided good platform to learn and develop my carrer

Technical Analyst (Current Employee)
Bangalore

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than a year

Prosfriendly environment to work with cross functional teams

Consworking under pressure and deadlines

Advice to Senior Managementshould conider developer views

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good

Financial Service Representative (Current Employee)
Aurangābād, Maharashtra

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for less than a year

ProsGot good Sales exp. with arrow.

Consvery poor Team work at arrow.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce internal politics.

A Great Company to Work with good Work Life Balance..

Applications Database Administrator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNo Night Shift (except Helpdesk). All other 24x7 works are outsourced.
People can work with peace of mind with good Work life balance.
Management is strong and willing to work in synchronization with the employees.
Most of the managers are reasonably good.
Work pressure is reasonable

ConsNo Work from Home facility.
HR do not interact with the Employees regularly.
For getting even an address proof letter, we need approval of the director.

Company is Good to people

Senior Field Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLot to tell but not many in case of India

ConsSystem is now getting updated , but current one is duplicating our efforts or our time is getting wasted

Advice to Senior ManagementPls down play the politics between Sales & Marketing , bring in Mike Long to India let him see ho badly it is treated under China

OK Company to go in... no regrets!!

IT Analyst (Current Employee)
Pune

Pros1. Above average salary than market
2. Extremely good technical team
3. Balanced personal and official work life
4. Flexibility to work from home in case of emergency

Cons1. Horrible infrastructure
2. Not very much comfirt zone for new-joinees
3. No HR available in Pune, so mainly managed from Bangalore
4. All directives come from US on which India managers dont put a finger even if its wrong. So mostly US driven company
5. Vendors are treated like god... thats weird!!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to say NO sometimes!!

Fair and Satisfactory

IT Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics

ProsWork environment is good. Ideas are respected and considered. Salry compared to other companies is satisfactory. People are competent in their positions.

ConsManagement is new. Salary Hike should be given as there is a big difference in the salaries of the employees working in same profile in other locations

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training should be provided. And a proper framework (design) should be implemented for the growth of IT employees

Good

Human Resources Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics

ProsFriendly Work environment.Arrow Electronics, a Fortune 200 company, is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and computer products, with sales exceeding $18 billion. Headquartered in Melville, New York, Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 600 suppliers and 140,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of 260 locations in 55 countries and territories. As one of the world's largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine's ‘Most Admired Companies'. Arrow is a global provider of electronic components, computer products, technical solutions and supply chain management services to some of the most successful companies around the world.

ConsNeed event management.Arrow Electronics, a Fortune 200 company, is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and computer products, with sales exceeding $18 billion. Headquartered in Melville, New York, Arrow serves as a supply channel partner for more than 600 suppliers and 140,000 original equipment manufacturers, contract manufacturers and commercial customers through a global network of 260 locations in 55 countries and territories. As one of the world's largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine's ‘Most Admired Companies'. Arrow is a global provider of electronic components, computer products, technical solutions and supply chain management services to some of the most successful companies around the world.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo feedback

ARROW Field Sales Review

Field Sales Representative II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood compensation and benefits, fair budgets, good training and management

Cons"Performance based compensation" will limit the amount of money you will make

Would not recommend a career here

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCo-workers are good people, and flexibility - can work from home 2 days a week - plus others work remote. Benefits are okay -- they do have some of the extras -- but your main insurance is good if you go to your primary doctor - otherwise, it's like not having insurance when you go to a specialist. Would prefer a co-pay so I can go to all doctors I need to see.

ConsCheap company. They start you off at low salary base/commission and do not give raises (except to very few). Three years without a raise even though I've done everything the company has asked -- plus I know 3 other talented, experienced employees who had to leave for this reason - the only way to increase their income was to leave. Departments are getting more separated and management is not promoting customer service internally. Training is done by new employees in my area and they do not have a central training person or dept. Company keeps acquisitioning and boasts fortune 150 company - yet doesn't pay the employees who are helping make them a success. Coming from more real corporate environments - this company does not work the same way- managers are overloaded with no assistants, little support, little training - etc. They also do not post openings when they become available (internally). Overall disappointed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job - give raises, promote within, work with new managers, change insurance so we can go see specialist w/ co-pays, get rid of the new commission structure - the 3rd month pay back if you miss quota (even though you may have hit 100% in the 2 months prior -- this is the most moral killer, along with no raises (not even cost of living)....love the work from home - I personally end up working more (start earlier and work late at night).... It has not hurt my productivity, and has helped me be more available when needed by my accounts.

Reliable paycheck vs. your stamina for no leadership.

Reno, NV (US)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReliable paycheck until commitments start faltering and the layoffs begin.
The intent of keeping as much out of the landfills as possible is a noble tenet.

ConsLiving wage not found here. Hiring from within without decent pay increases. People in positions of authority that have no business being there. Mandatory extra hours, everyday? Mandatory weekends, every weekend? Are we slaves? Arrow is the most hostile work environment, I have experienced, from the management, to the upset employees, to the stupendous lack of teamwork, to the HR that disregards every real problem, to the upper location management that are more disconnected from the environment than their upper management. It's nifty that MBAs know the breaking point of the number of individuals it takes to complete a certain task before redundancy. But, with Arrow, it's the same problem seen with most degree professionals of Biz Admin (MBA) I have known - No Leadership! Join the military and stay in until at least E-6 or O-4 and you will know what leadership is all about (set the example for yourself, first and everyday -woops, gave away the secret). Or, better yet, hire those ex-military upper leaders to lead your people to profits. $7.5 million take home for Mike Long in 2012 with only a Bachelor's degree from U. of Wisconsin? No pay increases seen for the employees. New reverse logistics software has a negative effect on clients - get it fixed asap.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best leader is the best follower. Don't know what I mean? You cannot manage people: stop trying. You have to >LEAD< people. Learn some leadership and start applying it. Or, hire the proven or even potentially good managers / leaders and you will see everything change for the positive; stop promoting people with huge attitudes to positions of authority and that have no training. Review your current managers, from the top down and you will understand (know thyself).

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arrow Electronics reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Arrow Electronics CEO Mike Long. All 212 reviews are posted anonymously by Arrow Electronics employees.