AutoZone

Updated 15 August 2014

2.8

AutoZone Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Rhodes III
Bill Rhodes III

Pros
  • You get a 20% discount on everything except special order parts (in 31 reviews)

• Work schedule is pretty decent and the best benefit is the employee discount card (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours no appreciation no backing from upper management un real expectations for one person to fulfill (in 58 reviews)

• part time assets as to avoid the new Health Care laws as best as they could (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Challenging and Pressure on Job

Pros

good opportunity for growth and always challenging to your skills

Cons

constant pressure and communication gaps exist

i am doing job as a realstionship manager and takeing care all warehouse activitys

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker

Pros

auto mobile is best industeries in the world

Cons

wrong codination and donot supply or dispatch materails on time

work is workship

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Pros

A good company to learn customer service skills. They try to take care of their customer. Lots of repeat customers which helps with your relationship build skills.

Cons

The play favorites so try your best to be well liked by management to be able to move in the company.

Give more hours to part time employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review

Pros

Good job to learn about car parts. Not a hard job. Hours there if you need it.

Cons

Different schedule every week. No real career opportunity.

It was a great place to work.

Former Employee - Part Time Sales (PTS)  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales (PTS) in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Easy work to do for a decent wage.

Cons

Customers can be annoying when they always ask for discounts.

Just another job

Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager  in  Toledo, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Parts Sales Manager in Toledo, OH (US)

Pros

The people working with you can be fun

Cons

company is only about customers and believes everything the customer tell them no matter what

upper management needs to care more about the people working for autozone that give their all everyday and they need to have their back and not make them look stupid when a customer calls and tells lies about things

Pros

Great Benefits, good coworkers, awesome team

Cons

Training was a bit odd for me. At first they just threw me to the lions.

Treat your employees fairly

Good if temporary job or moving between jobs but not as full time.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Ontario, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA (US)

Pros

The only pros I've seen that the company offers, is growing knowledge on automotive, 20% on all almost everything, and the schedules are pretty flexible.

Cons

Usually you are stuck with bad managers, difficult customers, upper management such as the management higher than the store manger really don't care about you unless you make them money. They do not give benefits or even incentives on doing well. The only incentive they might offer is more hours if you make their sales. The biggest thing that gets me is that the company does not care about your loyalty. Doesn't matter what you've done or how long you've been with the company they'll try to give you the shortest end of the stick.

Give incentives on doing well. My store manger is great at what he does, he brings up moral by buying lunches and etc, doing all the tasks with us(doesn't matter how demeaning it is, he says, "How do I expect you to do if I don't do it"), while being the number one store in the district and 5 in the chain. I believe this company run a lot smoother if the company had more mangers such as my store manager. If the company didn't focus solely on saving and making money they should invest more into their employees and create a more dynamic culture value, than this company will be taken further than ever before.

Hard to weigh what comes first, Customer or Tasks

Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

It's meeting all kinds of people, there's never a routine day or dull day at work. I take pride in helping people solve problems big or small. The position of store manager gives me the opportunity to mentor and develop the many people who come and go from the company. We have the best tools and programs in place to stay ahead of the competition and we offer great products in good looking stores. I have been able to advance to a well paid salary position with no formal education. The company rewards the people who put in the time and the work to get ahead.

Cons

Main challenge day to day is trying to balance customer service and getting the many tasks that have to be completed(in between customers) finished, which there seems to be no such thing in our market. Our stores are always busy. I have little or no say in most decisions that affect the store that "I" "manage" and most issues I want changed or reviewed have to go through my direct supervisor and I feel that it never makes it past him. It's usually put this way-"Do it our way or we will find someone who will" . I have no voice in the company, but I've come to learn that it's just how corporations work anyway, its not just Autozone.

Allow some time in meetings and conference calls for feedback from your stores. All meetings are just the stores taking instruction and responding to issues about how stores will be able to meet expectations or goals set by the company. Employees are never given a chance to voice their opinion and when someone does voice an issue they are told they will get with the person one on one or to send an email with the concern, or we don't have time to discuss the problems, we just need to look focus energy on reaching our goals.

Experience varies greatly depending on upper management.

Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Open Door Policy is a reality, you can speak to whoever you want. Advancement opportunities are endless with this company. Some upper management acknowledge the difficulties in the field. They also acknowledge a job well done. Discounts received are great. And the ability to truly help people.

Cons

It is very difficult to be a manager in this company and maintain an outside life. Expectations are extremely demanding considering the compensation. Crunch time for expenses happens during our busiest time of the year. More consistent upper management message and support to SM and DM.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!