Autoliv

Be The First To
Add Photos

Autoliv President, CEO, and Director Jan Carlson

Jan Carlson

Pros
  • nice people, good benefits, and competitive pay(in 3 reviews)

• I liked my team a lot and was given good opportunities to contribute(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and HR seem to be a little to "equal" oppertunity(in 3 reviews)

• This plant closed in 2009 due to difficult times in automotive due to recession(in 3 reviews)

Overall a great company to work for that has a passion for occupant safety

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI (US)

ProsThe work has a purpose which is to save lives through automotive occupant safety
    The atmosphere is one of teamwork without too much of the politics that can occur in a large corporation
    Good opportunity through advancement if the hard work is put in
    Goal oriented company which has helped to cement it's future as the best in the business

ConsSometimes there are too many meetings that don't necessarily get the job done

not bad at all

IT Helpdesk Engineer (Former Employee) Braşov (Romania)

Prosnice bunch of people
    a lot of international people and that is pretty much it
    somewhat good pay package, if you got good negotiation skills

Cons-twelve hour shifts in the weekend, that are re-compensated in 3free days (though in money that would mean more) - but the framework is illegal for that
    -no professionalism
    -HR employees discussing sometimes their processes of recruiting in front of others
    -long time to get to the office, no paid extra hours
    -expectation to stay over working hours, but no clear statement that transportation would be paid for doing this when staying over hours as the offices are far out of town and no public transport available
    -no real training, just inside - so no possibility of certification training and no recreational facilities.

Advice to Senior Managementmight want to pay more attention why all your good people are leaving and you only stick with the lot, and stop favoritism and nepotism.

Great!

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Southfield, MI (US)

Prosfriendly staff, down to earth work environment

Consno room to grow within the company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's alright.

ProsColleagues are mostly respectful people.

ConsSometimes people stick to what they know and are afriad of changes and ideas new to them.

Good

Algorithm Engineer (Current Employee) Southfield, MI (US)

ProsGOOD working environment, nice people and nice management.
    Flexible time schedule

ConsCold weather, need to work longer sometimes

A good company to get started

IT Responsible (Current Employee) Braşov (Romania)

ProsMet a lot of Great people, which made the environment very pleasant to work in.
    Learned about core business processes in the automotive industry, applied Six Sigma methodology

ConsNon competitive salaries, lack of career / growth opportunities, the plant was far from the city, long boring commutes.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great Internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTake car of employees. I liked my team a lot and was given good opportunities to contribute.

ConsThe company was switching to PDM at the time so a lot of things were on hold.

Very enjoyable

Systems Analyst/Programmer (Former Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsVery good company to work with many opportunities to learn new thing, career development etc...

ConsNothing to complaint about except the company closed and moved production to a low cost country.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it even better.

Great technology, great prospects for future business.

Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) Lowell, MA (US)

ProsI was able to get involved in numerous projects, gaining both hands-on and interpersonal experience. Good opportunities to work with smart engineers.

ConsManagement was a bit unorganized. Quite a bit of overlap across project responsibilities. International offices also require late meeting hours.

While Autoliv has many hurdles it is a great company to work for and provides many great experiences.

Purchasing Intern (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI (US)

ProsAutoliv is filled with great motivated employees, pays well, and allows you a great deal of freedom.

ConsAutoliv is has an extremely regionalized culture and they should have been a global company for quite some time. They do not have good software to assist the purchasing department in North America, and all regions operate on different web based servers.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the ideas within the company, spend the money to improve internal tools.

Worked for Autoliv? Contribute to the Community!