Autonomy Reviews

Updated 8 September 2014
2.3

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns
Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday (in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it- (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees (in 19 reviews)

• HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

The company is growing but still pay scale etc, need to be as per market standard

Current Employee - Technical Solutions Cons  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Technical Solutions Cons in Bangalore

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- less work pressure
    - work-life balance
    - cab facility, food for rotational shift

Cons

- compensation less compared to market
    - quality of work
    - queue management
    - less fun activites

analyst/CA

Current Employee - Analyst/CA  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Analyst/CA in Bangalore

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

always have time for fun

Cons

not good for beginner
    join it only if this is your last option

need to be more professional

About the Compnay

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

if you are looking for some sort of easy, something similar to govt. desk job, then this is the place for you

Cons

not much opportunities. Fresher, avoid it as much as possible

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not so great. need to improve a lot

Former Employee - Intern Development Engineer  in  Bangalore
    Former Employee - Intern Development Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Autonomy as an intern for less than a year

Pros

accountability
    pay
    less number of people and hence you get to know every one and easy to reach
    cafeteria is good and cheap
    some teams are doing great job

Cons

no proper work culture.
    bangalore office is dummy. Every single order has to come from head office.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Technology company.
    2. Get to work with some brainy people, get more exposure to innovation.
    3. Good reward system for the talented people.

Cons

1. Facilitate training programs.
    2.No Proper appraisal system

They will try to never give you what you deserve

Current Employee - The Worst Policies You Will Ever See In Any Company - Bar None  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - The Worst Policies You Will Ever See In Any Company - Bar None in Bangalore

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Friday lunches, coffee, good friends, bus pass, local managers are OK

Cons

Where do I begin: No support for personal progress - I have seen my friends ask for training and get rejected every time. You will never get a rupee spent for training or professional development. There is no training budger for India is all they were told. Bonus policies: they are the worst. You spend an year working way above what was expected and you get a paltry bonus. Then you are expected to stay for 8 months in the company after getting the bonus in order to retain the bonus! yes, you heard me right. There is a month lock in period after you get your bonus for working the next year and then 2 months of notice period to leave. HR/Finance policies are the same: You work from Jan-dec of 2011 and you get your promised bonus (part of your CTC) in the first week or april 2012. Then you need to stay for 8 months to retain the bonus.. so you stay for an year more working with no bonus! How is that for a kicker? I am told that it is even worse for managers and directors. Give it months, this place is a sinking ship and people are jumping ship like rats! This year, there are no raises (just like the last several years). So, enjoy your perpetually decreasing quality of life. I am getting out on April 1.

Give flexibility to the local leadership to take decisions. Reward engineering based on what they deserve for their hard work.

A software company where employees will be treated as slaves

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Bangalore
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I worked at Autonomy

Pros

The one and only advantage in working with this company in India, is you get work from home option with laptop. I'm not sure how long this will exists?

Cons

Middle level managers in India are taught to say "YES" for everything that senior managers from head offices wants to push. These people don't have enough guts to talk back with their opinions and finally had to play dual game with team members and managers,

Even if the head of local operations is sacked out from company, there won't be any dis-appointment with the employees, since he does nothing other than just coming to office daily

No annual or performance appraisal. It would be better to mention No appraisal at all in offer letter.

Though there were days, employees used to feel very good in being such a company, but after acquisition people felt very bad why did we join this company. Management don't spend even a single minute in the growth of local operations.

Beware before you join this company as it might lead you to a slave position

Not worth mentioning it here, since top management considers Indian managers as slaves

Indian managers will not stop behaving like slaves.

HR policies are messed up

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Easy work life.. (old iron mountain type) , no work pressure, like a government job. Nice building, good surroundings. Friday lunches, coffee.!

Cons

Iron mountain India is now called Autonomy India (merger), I am an IRM employee who came over to Autonomy.
    When you want to leave Autonomy to go to a different company, be prepared to lose heavily. Remember the IC/RC bonus you were supposed to get? You will not get it any more: if you are in your 2 months notice period. And your bonus for Jan-Dec will be paid next mar/april. So if you want to leave before June 1st, forget the last year's bonus. The 2 months notice period is not something mentioned in the handbook of the company: where it is at will. It is just a HR thing!
    Goodbye suckers, and thanks for all the fish. I am out of here in a week!

Please fix HR and finance policies. Make work interesting. Reward top performers more often. reduce red tape and other overhead. Faster releases. Take peer and manager reviews more often.

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Great work life balance
    Cutting-edge technology

Cons

Limited professional growth
    Absence of formal appraisal process

Autonomy went through multiple acquisitions and a lot of employee has been laid off ... not sure if it finished ...

Current Employee - Software Support Consultant  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Software Support Consultant in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting products. With right / smart management can be progress in the future - with out appropriate management way to nowhere.

Cons

You will utilize wide range of knowledge and learn well balancing proportion of IT and Telecom.

Management level very from one to another person. People (employee and managers) playing a lot of "job security" tricks ..

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!