Autonomy Reviews

Updated 29 August 2014

2.3

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns
Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday (in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it- (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees (in 19 reviews)

• HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Autonomy

Pros

Great work life balance
    Cutting-edge technology

Cons

Limited professional growth
    Absence of formal appraisal process

Autonomy went through multiple acquisitions and a lot of employee has been laid off ... not sure if it finished ...

Current Employee - Software Support Consultant  in  Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Software Support Consultant in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at Autonomy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting products. With right / smart management can be progress in the future - with out appropriate management way to nowhere.

Cons

You will utilize wide range of knowledge and learn well balancing proportion of IT and Telecom.

Management level very from one to another person. People (employee and managers) playing a lot of "job security" tricks ..

Account Executive

I have been working at Autonomy full-time

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits. Good people for the most part-They want to do a good job. Good story to tell to clients.

Cons

Technology behind. Software hard to deploy and harder for customers to maintain. Few sales people can make their number.

Convince HP to start investing in the products, otherwise you will simply fall further behind

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shady folks at the top setting the company culture

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Southborough, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Southborough, MA (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The group I was in did a lot of new development, using the latest tools. There was a caf and gym onsite.

Cons

My company was acquired by Autonomy prior to the HP acquisition. After listening to the Autonomy brass speak, it came as no surprise that HP later uncovered fraud and accounting tricks. We were told Autonomy does not give raises. We started several new development projects, which required nights and weekends, only to see them scrapped a few months later when the winds of change blew through. They had a few layoffs, then decided to let the best and brightest self-select themselves elsewhere through attrition. The result was a steady exodus, and a huge swath of empty cubes and offices. Not too encouraging.

A mixed bag of positives and negatives

Current Employee - Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Autonomy full-time

Pros

For sales, your part of larger sales footprint calling on customers.

Cons

Some products are behind competitors.

Be competitive.

Worst place I've ever worked.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Autonomy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The corporate pitch on Meaning Based Computing is intriguing and easily conveyed through their messaging and demos.

Cons

The company's biggest hurdle comes from the poor integration of past acquisitions creating a climate of bureaucracy and political fiefdoms. With no enforcement of corporate strategy and organization, disparate systems and culture impede productivity of new hires. I saw no net new client logos presented in quarterly win reviews. Turnover was very high, two of the mentors I was paired with were discharged in their first 12 months. First line managers were more concerned with political self-preservation than mentoring or coaching the team.

HP is aware of the problems and is taking action to break down the barriers and instill the corporate culture of a professional organization. HP should cull the middle management to accelerate change, eliminate the overlap & fighting from the 3 divisions with a streamlined field force supported by appropriate technical resources at the field level. This will create better opportunity for success with new hire resources and challenge the incumbent reps to drive business in new accounts and prove their worth.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!