Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson

Ron Nelson

Pros:
  • "Pretty good benefits and paid time off allowances"
    in 16 reviews
  • "free car and gas, great benefits & discounts for companies (verizon,expedia)"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Constant struggle with upper management to get the resources needed to grow business"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Management goes into hiding anytime you need cars or customer service issues"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Working abg

Service Agent (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat coworkers, that is all

ConsManagement is terrible. Everyone wants to leave to go to a better job, no room for growth, instead of hiring in house with a person witn experience they hire someone that must be trained, long story short everyone at the phila international airport feels over worked, under paid, and very much under appreciated. I dont even know what union i am apart of yet union dues are coming out of my check every 1st of the month.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to start an incentive system, so employees feel appreciated and motivated to work harder and better.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Work environment stressful

Maintenance Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than 5 years

Prosit is a job. Beats being homeless

Consdays go by too fast

Advice to Senior ManagementLove one another. Business is for people by people.

Awful place to work! no life balance. Told what your doing wrong everyday

Operations Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Avis Budget Group full-time

Proscompany car, nice people, benefits, career advancement, learn lots

ConsExpected to work 10 hours or more. If you leave early you will be written up. Upper management is corrupt. Pay is terrible for the amount of hours worked and expectations given. Extremely cheap company. 60 hours of reports each week/50 hours at work

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the progress of your employees and dont rely on gossip to make your decisions.

Bullies

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFull-time, benefits, 2 days off in a row. Got to meet people from all around the world

Consmicromanaging managers, Making employees to stand in 20 degree weather instead of in a warm car like the daytime workers do.Told to lie to customers about prices. Sexual harrassment on an everyday basis and management does nothing but sometimes join in.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional....Stop the sexual harrassment. Comunicate

Intriguing career move and very exciting

Rental Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI (US)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

ProsI was intrigued by the job description for Avis and while going through the hiring process the attention to detail and my personal growth within the Avis program had me actively pursuing the opportunity to work at the Avis Budget Group.

ConsHired during holidays so training has been sporadic

Great people to work with

Shuttle Driver (Current Employee)
Abilene, TX (US)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group part-time for less than a year

ProsExperience driving late model cars to determine ones that I might be interested in purchasing one day.

ConsNone that I can think of regarding the people and vehicles I am associated with. Traffic in the DFW area is a negative.!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great communication with your employees.

Challenging and Frustraiting but a good learning experience in the art of political positioning

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time

ProsCompany car and company paid fuel

ConsThe desire to be a sales organization with out the proper movment to evolve due to closed minded operational-minded senior managment.

Advice to Senior Managementput more trust and control into the middle managment at the station level. less micro managment.

Look elsewhere. Even mcdonalds are better

Vehicle Return Associate (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

ProsHealth benefits and nothing else.

ConsEverything else is worthless at Avis on a real budget

Advice to Senior ManagementOrlando airport is the busiest location and the lowest paying at $8.00. They start you of with decent shift but when training is over there is no life. Computer system is from the 80's so be prepared to learn a lot of command codes. The handheld system to check in cars are of limited information so be prepared for pissy customers. The whole operation if this company is a joke. People are hired weekly and quit weekly. They are desperate for employees yet don't understand better pay and treatment will keep employees. The security system for checking out car at the gate is a joke and because of the company is cheap and backward system it is very easy to steal a car. Yet management haven't notice the flaws. You would think it cost them more money to train employees every week than to just pay employees more money.

If you are looking to transfer to a different department, your stuck. Especially if you work in garage and want to make it to the counter of some other area because they are so desperate to keep you. Advancements is only a dollar more is you want to be a lead but the responsibility ain't worth it really. If you decide to come to Avis. I know your response would be when someone ask now you like your job. "It's a job."

Oh, there is a new system they are using just for the computers and not handhelds but it's running on old computers so it slow. Oh and the networks sucks for handheld units so be prepared to to have angry customers curse you because you can't check them in. The company is cheap and had us in the dark with no power because they want pled to wait over 12 hours to get a cheaper election. Imagine Haiti g customer come for hell with you and a flash light and paper trying to find there car.

Culture of corruption

Vice President (Current Employee)
Parsippany, NJ (US)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIf you were fortunate enough to purchase stocks at rock bottom you would have made a mint.

ConsThe company is no longer cares about the employees or the customers, its all about manipulating the stock price. Since Tom Gartland took over the company has become volatile at best. Employees especially at the corporate level are being replaced by incompetent YES men and women. At some point it will all come crashing down hurting those that helped build the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo away

Rental Sales Agent

RSA (Current Employee)
DFW, TX (US)

I have been working at Avis Budget Group full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat managers and all the staff is very nice and friendly. Good working environment. Huge potential of growth and potential to make a lot of money.

ConsI have not really found many negative things. I guess shift work could be bit inconvenient without a set schedule. And would be nice to have some break room supplies for the staff, coffee and cups etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!!!!

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!

Avis Budget Group Videos

Avis Budget Group – Why Work for Us?

Why Avis Budget Group? Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy place where things move forward every day. If you want to GO somewhere in your career, Avis Budget Group is the place to be. If you're looking… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Avis Budget Group reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson. All 312 reviews are posted anonymously by Avis Budget Group employees.