BB&T

BB&T Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

BB&T Chairman & CEO Kelly S. King

Kelly S. King

Pros
  • This bank pays better than any other and you get an incredible work/life balance(in 25 reviews)

• They have very good benefits and opportunities for advancement(in 37 reviews)

Cons
  • In my specific role, there was not room for advancement(in 12 reviews)

• no room for advancement, sales goals that are met are never appreciated(in 17 reviews)

quantitative and qualitative analysis , reporting to LOB

Senior Analyst (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC (US)

Proswork and life balance, 401k match,

Conspoor senior management, slower salary rise, salary lower than market value

Advice to Senior Managementdon't let family member of boss directly report boss

IT Security, Risk, and Governance

ProsIf you are looking for a job that pays well with decent benefits, this may be the place for you. Work-life balance is good and everything looks good on the surface.

ConsDon't expect to come in and grow your career unless you are a part of the good old boy network, brown nose, or can manipulate the higher ups. If you are a good performer on your job, you'll be rewarded with being stuck in that position. If you can talk the talk and claim you are always busy, you'll have a very bright future.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare information with your team so that they can provide feedback on things that they are seeing so that you can move in the right direction, not just what a small group of hands off managers think.

Great Benefits, difficult to advance.

Senior Teller (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing Benefits, had full paid maternity leave! Decent pay. Very good training.

ConsPoor Work- life balance. If you have to work a Saturday, then you're working 6 days that week since full timers aren't allowed any weekdays off. Not easy if you have a family. over time is a big no-no. Unless you have a manager really helping advance your career it's difficult to move up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been a good experience, but the culture leaves much to be desired.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are the best things about the company. There's a strong work ethic and sense of accomplishment. The benefits could be better but for the most part are good. Work/Life balance is really good.

ConsThe culture is far behind the times and much too conservative. The simple niceties are nonexistent (such as dress down Fridays, telecommuting, free WiFi). There's hardly any budget for training and education reimbursement only happens for certain employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication needs to be addressed. Decisions are made and often times not share in a timely manner.

Room for growth but unrealistic sales goals.

Financial Center Leader I (Former Employee)

ProsThe company makes great contributions to retirement accounts. Willing to promote motivated employees from within. Offered a lot of training opportunities. Worked with a lot of great people.

ConsSales goals were unrealistic for some markets and they micro-managed employees. When employees did not perform to the standards set, the company did not provide support or assistance. Spent 2-4 days a week on conference calls instead of helping clients. Required unpaid hours outside of the normal business day making sales calls. Salaried employees make a low salary considering the amount of hours they need to put in.

it was informational.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthey offer very good benefits

Consthe position was too much pressure.

Good place to work - has some irritants like most places

IT Resource Planner (Current Employee) Wilson, NC (US)

ProsCompensation is great, Company really believes and practices its values for employees and customers. Opportunities for personal growth every year through training. Great life balance perks and benefits.

ConsAs companies get larger the understanding of processes between departments gets clouded. Sometimes and irritant. As always too much work and not enough hours in a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHolistic approach to all processes would leverage more consistency and learning between LOBs.

Awesome company with great values!

Wealth Advisor (Former Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

ProsThis company has great leadership and benefits. I made many wonderful friends while working there. They like to promote from within but not many opportunities will come up.

ConsBB&T is losing its way a little right now. They are putting reducing costs (brought on by all the government regulations) above its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to your values instead of worrying about profits in this government regulation crunch time.

Great Company; Good values

ProsExcellent training; focus on customer service; dedicated to their vision, mission, and values

ConsNone to add at this time

Satisfactory

ProsGreat work-life balance here at the bank

Consmany dedicated people, some waiting for their careers to expire

Worked for BB&T? Contribute to the Community!