Bain & Company

Bain & Company Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Bain & Company Worldwide Managing Director Bob Bechek

Bob Bechek

Pros
  • The company also places a lot of emphasis on professional development as well as work/life balance (in 27 reviews)

• Benefits are almost unmatched and lots of culture of really great people (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • It's on us to remain ourselves that work-life balance is a priority (in 85 reviews)

• Although better compared to some other firms in this industry, still long hours (in 94 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience, wonderful learning experience

ProsTraining, culture, benefits, flexibility, people focus, clients

ConsWork life balance, travel to clients

Best first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsApproachable team and Partner manager group, Very helpful colleagues, An excellent place to work right out of college. Your social as well as work life will be an upward graph. They follow a great training procedure which helps you in knowing the core values behind the company and prepares you for your work.

ConsThere is some amount of latent hierarchy which is understandable. Some people might complain of being given too many tasks at a time. If you are a person who manages their time well, this shouldn't be a problem.

people oriented culture

Team Manager (Current Employee) Delhi

Prosflexible career paths, no cut in salary when changing segments

Consnot as aggressive as Mck tec., so not for those who want a fast track career

Advice to Senior Managementdont compromise on your people policies

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New Delhi

ProsAs a part of the Shared Services team at Bain, I am a strong promoter. The work culture and work-life balance of teams here is much better than the other organizations I have worked with. Employees feel valued and broad based benefits that are provided here are great. Most importantly, working at Bain is FUN :)

ConsI think the biggest challenge for shared-services employees is career progression and lack of a defined career path. A structured performance based growth plan is missing for most shared services teams.

My company values my work and creates an platform to constantly learn and grow.

Coordinator (Current Employee) Delhi

ProsLearning scope, Work enviornment, People who invests in your development, work and life balance and last but not least the fun time/party time.

ConsWell maintaining office time here in India office and then getting back to the calls for projects in the evening... kind of at times kilss the whole day. Practically one would be working whole day.

Advice to Senior ManagementWell word of advice would be to do the good work they have been doing all this days.... its really nice to be part of such a firm which invests in our growth and happiness.

Amazing workplace with stellar exit options

Case Team Leader (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsBain is the best place to work as a young professional interested in learning about business in a holistic way -- from the nuts and bolts of getting organisations moving towards a goal and implementing a program to defining the overall strategic direction for any/every type of corporation.

The culture at Bain is also truly exceptional -- rewarding, meritocratic and collegiate all at the same time.

ConsLong work hours. In some cases/projects, can be very long, extending upwards of 100 hours a week.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

More focus on presentation than real work

Senior Associate Consultant (Former Employee) New Delhi

ProsGood Brand to have on your CV, Smart People hired from the best places

ConsBad Lifestyle, 50% of time is spent on formatting and presentation readiness than real analysis.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to change model to focus more on ore value for money for the client

one of the best place to work for

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Prossmart people
    fun filled environment: parties, offsites, booze and fun
    superb culture
    good compensation
    work life balance

Consnot very well defined career path for admin staff. Top management of india offices is not very effective.

It has been a terrific experience

Consultant (First Year) (Current Employee) New Delhi

ProsGreat people, learning, perks, decent comp

ConsMaybe a bit too process heavy

Smart, results-driven, people-friendly

ProsIncredibly smart yet warm and accessible leadership team
    Great brand; one that will open doors for you well into the future
    Rapidly rising responsibilities and opportunities for professional development, with strong internal support system
    Excellent skills development for future entrepreneurs
    Strong alumni network

ConsUneven growth/development across offices; some work incredibly long hours with comparatively less personal satisfaction (e.g. Asian offices)
    Occasionally do not communicate hard messages strongly enough to employees given the firm's culture of being "nice" and "supportive"

Worked for Bain & Company? Contribute to the Community!