Banana Republic

Banana Republic Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Banana Republic President Jack Calhoun

Jack Calhoun

Pros
  • Great discount to use over 3 brands(Banana Republic, Old Navy & Gap) (in 101 reviews)

• Employee discount is a nice perk (which applies or other Gap related companies) (in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Pushing credit cards is the only thing corporate is worried about (in 87 reviews)

• Employee raises were given once a year, but they cap sales associates in the Factory Stores at (in 38 reviews)

More Highlights

Its been a great learning experience

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsIts a fast passed environment and all the workers are friendly. The leadership team are the best I have worked for, they have really high standards which they try to maintain. You get enough time off and the dress code is really good too

ConsFew hours, Customers sometimes can be rude so you have to be calm all the time as you might lose your temper if you are one of those weak people. A bit of favouritism

Advice to Senior ManagementThey are doing an awesome job however more Feedback to employees would be welcome.

I love my Job

ProsGreat People and Great Product

ConsShould be paid for experience

Great for a first job

Cashier Lead (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsGreat team - fun people to work with-, and discounts.

ConsIt has a really strict dress code.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Relatively organised company, in general they treat the employees well.

Visual Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsRelatively organised company, in general they treat the employees well.They support employees to relocate internationally - big plus if you willing to work hard!

ConsEmployees are underpaid, no space for development, however they always offer salary pay rise when someone handing his notice in.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould be great if they appreciate their employees financially while they work for the company instead of offering pay rise when they willing to leave.

sales associate

Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) Crestview, KY (US)

ProsPositive work environment with great people, I love my Banana Republic Family.
    Gap Inc, is a great company to work for, and they truly respect their employees.
    "Do what you love and you'll love what you do"
    Great Discount

ConsTrying to sell the banana credit card to customers

Fun/Very Kind coworkers, Good Pay

Sales Associate Part Time, Seasonal (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsThe starting pay was 10$ hourly so that was surprising. They let you wear what you want as long as it is in their guidelines of "casual professional". Their discount is good for Banana, Old Navy, and GAP. The coworkers make closing a lot more easier and enjoyable. Communication is fun and easy with walkie-talkies.

ConsCan get a little bit stressful when the store is high paced, but there really isn't any cons. Shifts get cut when the store isn't doing too well but as long as the store meets selling requirements, it does not happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementI cannot offer any advice, working here is very nice.

motivations and team work

Brand Amamadors (Current Employee) The Woodlands, TX (US)

Prosflexible hours, good management , easy shipment , nice people

ConsSometime you may have rude customers

Great Experience & Career Development Opportunities

Customer Experience Lead (Current Employee) Greenville, SC (US)

ProsThe sense of organizational pride at Gap, Inc. is amazing! Virtually everyone who works for the company is proud to do so. Aside from always standing behind the quality of their product, the company is heavily involved in helping the community (which is very attractive to me). There's plenty of room for upward mobility within the company and I've never encountered anyone who doesn't encourage employees to move up.

It's a great company for young and experienced professionals alike.

ConsEven though the company just raised their minimum wage, in some markets it's still below the appropriate pay rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt the field level, increased motivation and clearer communication for employees to participate in community events wouldn't hurt.

Great company and working environment

Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsNice people, fun culture, discount on merchandise at all brands in the Gap family, awareness of fashion trends

ConsThe corporate environment and hierarchy and division between departments is noticeable because it is such a large company

The other team members are such fun to work with. Great systems in place for management.

Customer Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) Wichita, KS (US)

ProsFriendly team members, great discount, Friend and Family events so they can benefit from discounts too.

ConsWork life balance wasn't always wonderful, but the management team are as fair as possible in balancing shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job! Staff love the incentives for cards and customer service

Worked for Banana Republic? Contribute to the Community!