Bank of America

6,723 Reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
2,874 Ratings

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 396 reviews)

• They have a program called MyWork which allows you to work from home or from any location (in 218 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance seems to be skewed towards work side more often than not (in 164 reviews)

• upper management failed to listen to the lower ranks often missing oppertuinitys (in 181 reviews)

More Highlights

173 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Teller

Current Employee - Senior Teller in Dublin, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Teller in Dublin, GA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at BOA! BOA was vary face paced and the employees were a great joy to work with. You had to be very detailed ordinated and able to work under a lot of stress. At BOA you could learn lots of other responsibilities if you were willing to step forward and take charge in learning. I loved being able to learn new things and doing several daily tasks that weren't just in my job description. If you showed that you were willing to be a leader and learn different things there was opportunity to grow within the company. Best place I were worked!!

Cons

Only cons were having to sell produces while working in the drive-thru window a lone and having to meet a referral quota.

We had a great manager!! If we meet our quota we got a bonus and management was very understanding about having to leave early if we had children or other personal appointments. Management was always willing to help everyone succeed in training and meeting our personal quotas.

Exactly the part time job I needed

Former Employee - Teller I in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Teller I in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits for part timers (tuition reimbursement!). Flexible hours at non-traditional banking centers. Easy to transfer to other branches (I moved a couple of times/different states).

Cons

Same challenges of any service position (difficult customers). If you're stuck in a banking center with a manager who is more about cutting costs than helping provide good service, that's no fun. Dealing with other people's money isn't for everyone.

When someone expresses an interest in staying with the company long-term or moving up, it would be great to be able to provide them with possible career paths or opportunities to look toward.

Great company culture, bureaucratic processes can be frustrating.

Former Employee - Personal Banker in Savannah, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Savannah, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, overall corporate culture is great. Leadership is cool letting sellers achieve goals by any means necessary, so you can make pretty good living if you have a cool leadership team.

Cons

Intense pressure to sell. Employees are bombarded with a relentless onslaught of pep rally-esque emails from all levels of management-daily, weekly and on "peak days," hourly-to sell customers blind, deaf and dumb. As soon as any random number of bankers begin to achieve the sales goals in place, executive leadership will revise the sales incentive plans to employ a random off-color algorithmic formula that must be met, based on volume, times customer visits, divided by Sunday and the color blue, in order to even earn a sales bonus incentive. Keeping the BOA sales incentive decoder ring handy can grown cumbersome.

Bank of America is a behemoth. I am certain there is an army of "thinker uppers" already analyzing the reports generated by the report generators, to fix the processes that are broken by the fixed processes. Keep up the great work!

I had a temporary position, my managesr/team made it more than a work enviroment welcome lifestyle to advance a career

Current Employee - Lockbox Specialist in College Park, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Lockbox Specialist in College Park, GA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

A great company to work for where they appreciate/ reward employee dedication, as well as much over time is welcomed ! !

Cons

Disappointments are when contract temporary workers are the first to be sent home when workload is light.

My department manager, Ceon is VERY likable, people person, supportive and push his employees towards achieving the highest goals!

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Teller in Dunwoody, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Teller in Dunwoody, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reputable company that will help your resume stand out.
    Likes to promote from within.
    Great exposure to the banking industry.

Cons

Slowly but for surely closing banking centers and slashing banking center workforce.
    Could be transferred to another banking center to fill bank needs.

Long Run.

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

BOA is well known and employs good people at all levels. Company benefits are good and well spread. BOA is leading financial services provider in use of technology.

Cons

At professional and management levels you work long hours. Personal growth opportunities are spotty. The mortgage mess has cast a shadow over the entire organization. Management at certain levels and times lacks transparency.

Rebuild corporate trust and integrity within in addition to the outside stakeholders.

Awesome A great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Collector in Kennesaw, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Collector in Kennesaw, GA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They care about there employees and have flexible schedules if your a single parent it is understandable that there are times you need to be able to take time or need flexible schedules and you can get that a Bank Of America. AS well as there benefits package which is truly awesome It fully covers you and there is even flexibility with that.

Cons

Long hours But you get paid for every minute. Goals orientated but you she the profits in your paycheck. Parking is a travesty though you have to get there early enough to get a parking spot and not have to walk from the garage as on hot or rainy days it is awefull

Keep doing what your doing? Keeping your employees happy keeps the customers happy. Go Management.

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, salary and work environment

Cons

Some long hours, some potentially excessive levels of management.

Aggressive sales!

Current Employee - Customer Marketing in Kennesaw, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Marketing in Kennesaw, GA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great benefits!!! You somewhat have options of schedules you can choose from.

Cons

Its a call center, enough said right? You said at a desk all day taking call after call. You have to watch the number of calls you take, sale on every call you take, make sure your doing everything right because compliance is listening to your phone calls, your rated from customers who will pick 1-5 if you are not given a 5 its pretty much a fail for you which is VERY BAD! This is every month. So you dont meet the requirements 3 months in a row your out. No joke Your fired.

You say you listen but you don't.

Good company, not so good pay

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment, employees and benefits.

Cons

The salary was not competitive with other large companies