Bharti SoftBank

Bharti SoftBank Reviews

Updated Mar 06, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

One of the best startups to work with in India!

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time for more than a year

Pros* Extremely passionate, talented team.
* Good pay.
* Great office, all the facilities you could ask for (free lunch, snacks, beverages, gym, 24" monitors).
* Flexible timings, work from home options.
* Working on exciting new products.

Cons* Growth/appraisal is slow.
* Strong engineering talent, but poor design talent.
* The company is still struggling to establish 'core values', something that does not change with time. Values seem to fluctuate with every product cycle.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish your core values. Your users always come first. Don't let growth come at the expense of your product's integrity and brand.

Higher management influenced by yes-man middle management

Principal Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time for more than a year

ProsLunch, snacks, Mac pro, flexi time

ConsNot focused on creating good product, lot of politics at middle management level. Some fellow developers are quite diplomatic

Advice to Senior Managementtry to do something innovative rather than copying others

Working is fun here

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time for more than a year

ProsFun environment, freedom to express your thoughts, flexible timings and the most important a lot to learn and apply

ConsSometimes due to strict deadlines and frequent releases, do feel overloaded with work.

Advice to Senior ManagementReach out to employees more often.

Awesome working experience, loving it!!

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time

ProsLife@BSB has been full of work opportunities, satisfaction, fun, learning…(and the list goes on)

Freedom of work, Flat structure, Flexible work hours etc.

QA team is full of agile, young and witty talents who take great sense of ownership@work with minimum effort!

Frequent training sessions to ensure employee growth

The team members have full ownership of their tasks without much intervention by senior management.

The top management is top-notch and the best part is it's "People First. Always@BSB"

ConsWe may have some fluctuations in terms of short term goals for product, but that's a part of building a successful product!

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the standard set already for the teams and company as a whole

Great experience

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time

ProsExtremely challenging and interesting work , good opportunities. Lots of responsibilities.
Freedom of work . Flat structure etc etc.

ConsThere are few areas where management lacks inexperience , which could be the case for any startup. Management make some adhoc decisions, again could happen in any startup.
Some undeserving and non performers are holding high positions , not necessarily in tech roles, which is hampering the performance of the company and is leading to demoralization of other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease correct the above stated cons and take them seriously. Undeserving people should not be part of the team , even if they are friends. Otherwise , BSB rocks.

Aspirational & Lot of opportunities..

Product Manager (Former Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Bharti SoftBank full-time for more than a year

Pros- Open culture, if you have the potential you will be valued
- You get to learn end-end of product management
- Targeting the right market potential & perfect go to market

ConsStill in the start up mode and fixing future strategies, making i ever changing environment.. resulting in evolving profiles & culture

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus on individual career growth. Not everyone is able to appreciate the ever changing environment & people look for what they can do over the next few months & years

Been in BSB for about a year no

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time for less than a year

ProsAwesome environment, freedom of thought and work, young energetic team, listen to ideas and new people.

ConsVery fast moving - good for the company in long run.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the good work.

A decision made wisely!

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time for less than a year

ProsIts a start-up! Awesome work culture, Energetic and vibrant environment, Flexi work hours, Authority and autonomy to work.
Open door and easy access to all the stakeholders.
The organisation has some of the most brilliant minds coming together trying to make it BIG!
Meals, snacks and parties are on the house!

ConsA little bit of more structure if put in place-will be just great!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and reach to your employees more often!

fires employees without graceful exit

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time

Prosfree lunch, mac book pro, not many

Consyou need not to be smart or work hard to be in good books of "the boss". just keep on shooting emails about everything and create lot of noise

Advice to Senior Managementyou should treat you employees gracefully and plan their career growth

Great potential but not managed well

I have been working at Bharti SoftBank full-time

ProsGreat office, flexi work hours(not for QA)

ConsWont pay employees well. Everyone has 10% perf bonus component as CTC and out of that it pay out only 70-80% of it. Very cunning in salary negotiations and very biased appraisals 2%(yes its right)-10%. not much scope of growth in both QA and developers.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more. a tech company is driven by engineers not by non-engineers. Avoid being influenced by 'good for nothing' and 'email about everything' guys.

Worked for Bharti SoftBank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bharti SoftBank reviews and ratings. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Bharti SoftBank employees.