British Heart Foundation

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Peter Hollins

A lot of autonomy... maybe too much

Electronic Function Tester (Current Employee) Colchester, England (UK)

ProsMy role involved fixing electronic and electrical donations in order to ensure their safe operation.
    I was granted a lot of autonomy in that I had a very flexible work schedule and training was short but effective.

ConsNot a lot to complain about for what the job was. I don't feel that I would have been able to grow much in my role due to the nature of the job. Meaning I was unlikely to receive a pay rise either.

A great cause and a great job.

ProsThe organisation is constantly looking to improve it's performance and try new ventures.

There is freedom to go about your job in the way that you think is best for the charity.

ConsLittle training on offer
    Very London focused, would have I love to London Head Office (GLH) to progress.

Exelent!

ProsA very friendly staff, great fun, never boring every day is diferent.

ConsVery fast pace, streamily bussy emviroment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo find time to socialice with managers from our partners shops and volunteers alike.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

friendly environment

Volunteer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosfriendly co-workers great to work with, make you feel part of the team. Nice small charity shop on the high street.

ConsUnpaid as its volunteering job. But there should have been some benefits considering its unpaid

Charity work

Charity Work (Former Employee) Kent, England (UK)

ProsGood service and good staff

ConsTalking to staff more with trainings

BHF store managers appear to lack management experience and understanding of working with disabled staff

Sales (Former Employee) Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

ProsMost people are caring, willing to work hard and cope with people with disabilities with respect

ConsExperience has shown that some stores have a high turnover of managers many of whom stay for less than a few months. Managers are supported by Head Office HR in treating disabled people in ways that clearly skirt the law.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get more out of staff if you treat them with respect and reward them for their work.

Worked for British Heart Foundation? Contribute to the Community!