Bryant & Stratton College

Updated 4 September 2014
3.4

CEO

Great place to work

Former Employee - Work Study Receptionist  in  Eastlake, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Work Study Receptionist in Eastlake, OH (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College part-time for less than a year

Pros

I worked as a work study as I was a student there and it was a great place to work.

Cons

Very quiet at night especially in the summer. And is very cold in the winter but other then that there's nothing to complain about!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Online Admissions Representative  in  Orchard Park, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Online Admissions Representative in Orchard Park, NY (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is a good training program when you start and we meet regularly with our managers regarding how we can develop. The management team involves us in decisions.

Cons

Some managers can do a better job of coaching but senior managers are investing in them to do so.

Keep investing in your employees and look for ways to continue to appreciate us.

Need more focus on hard-working part-time faculty members.

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor  in  Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College part-time for more than a year

Pros

The administration always supports the faculty in their time of need. They offer flexible course schedules. The student-teacher ratio is wonderful, and it allows the faculty members to connect with students and give them full time and opportunity to master the materials taught in the courses. The courses allow faculty flexibility in making assignments.

Cons

There is too much administrative stuff going on. A lot of standardized tests and programs are implemented, at the cost of class time provided by instructors. Instructors who work part time are not rewarded for their hard work and effort with the students. Instructors who have clearly been failing to meet the necessary standards for student achievement fly under the radar and are not held accountable.

Compensation should be evaluated on a more regular basis. The administrative tests and programs should be implemented separately on student time by a proctor and not take away from valuable class time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Moving in the right direction

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College

Pros

Free education due to the companies mission of life long learning.

Cons

Lack of cohesive leadership at all levels. Lack of agile business development.

Appreciation goes a long way!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly faculty and staff who have a passion for what they do
    Sound curriculum
    Accreditation

Cons

Admissions is the "golden" department, and the majority of our all associate meetings focus on praising them.
    Benefits are high in cost and low in coverage
    Unethical managers
    Leaders who do not build relationships with their teams
    Salary is not in compensation for all of the required tasks
    The culture has changed over the many years I was employed here. It went from a family atmosphere to a "dog-eat dog-world"!

Management,
    I was employed at Bryant & Stratton for many years. At one time I looked forward to coming to work. This definitely changed for me and the majority of my co-workers. We were expected to retain a high number of students, but the admissions standards and tactics are unethical and deplorable! There needs to be a focus of attracting students who desire a higher education, and not just a refund check. When management makes decisions, it is imporant to consider how it affects the employees who are actually doing the job. Retention is a campus wide directive not just the focus of one department. Employees salaries should be a representation of all their assigned duties. Furthermore, a closer eye needs to be placed on the doings of certain department managers. It is "do what I say, not what I do"!!

Employment in Higher Education Environment

Current Employee - Career Services Assistant  in  Eastlake, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Career Services Assistant in Eastlake, OH (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gained great experience in the HR field

Cons

None that I can think of off hand

review

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College

Pros

nursing staff, students, lay-out, supplies

Cons

pay, politics, back-stabbing, reputation, stress

It's what you make it

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College full-time

Pros

It's not hard work, salaries are competitve

Cons

It is very sales focused

Heading in the right direction now

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The new CEO is raising the bar for everyone at the college. Overall, the management is focusing on increasing the morale and investing in the employees. There is some work to do but I am confident the new CEO will make it happen.

Cons

Some ways of thinking and use of systems are out dated. The good news is that the new leadership is increasing accountability and asking "why". Good things to come.

Keep doing what you are doing. Continue listening to the employees and over-communicate. It will take some time to turn things around but I am confident it will happen.

It's ok

Current Employee - Student  in  Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Student in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its good for one on one and must of the teachers are willing to help you

Cons

some of the programs don't give a lot off support.

Worked for Bryant & Stratton College? Contribute to the Community!