Bryant & Stratton College

Updated 24 November 2014
Updated 24 November 2014
3.5

CEO

Promises are made and not kept

Former Employee - Senior Admissions Representative in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Admissions Representative in Cleveland, OH (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The environment at one time wad adaptable.

Cons

Micro - managed. Everyone is replaceable.

Treat employees like family. Believe in the employees self-worth.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the people that I get to work with. The school is expanding and there are numerous potential growth opportunities. It's been a breath of fresh air as opposed to the previous companies I have worked with. 401K with company match.

Cons

The insurance benefits work for an individual but there's no way you can add spouse/ kids.

None

This company is decent.

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College

Pros

Co-workers tried to be kind.

Cons

No office, small tiny spaces.

Excellent Working Environment for both faculty and staff. Overall, it is a great place to work. Great Job!

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College

Pros

Personal Growth, Development, and Excellent Working Environment

Cons

Salaries Need to Be Raised

Career Services

Former Employee - Career Services Advisor in Milwaukee, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Career Services Advisor in Milwaukee, WI (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is opportunity, when working in Career Services at BSC to be creative and innovative in achieving your goals. Each student provides a unique opportunity to find a career solution.

Cons

Students can be challenging to work with. Many have some sort of criminal background so job placement is sometimes difficult.

Leverage people who are young in their career and eager to help and gain experience.

A great Part time job

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great coworkers, smaller class. Low stress and students that wants to work with you to get the grades. I only taught a few classes with them but seem to be going into the right direction.

Cons

The pay is the lowest, compare to other schools in the area.

Try to make sure you pay your instructors more if they are doing better. The school is going into the right direction. Hopefully we can make it better.

Great place to work

Former Employee - Work Study Receptionist in Eastlake, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Work Study Receptionist in Eastlake, OH (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I worked as a work study as I was a student there and it was a great place to work.

Cons

Very quiet at night especially in the summer. And is very cold in the winter but other then that there's nothing to complain about!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Online Admissions Representative in Orchard Park, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Online Admissions Representative in Orchard Park, NY (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a good training program when you start and we meet regularly with our managers regarding how we can develop. The management team involves us in decisions.

Cons

Some managers can do a better job of coaching but senior managers are investing in them to do so.

Keep investing in your employees and look for ways to continue to appreciate us.

Need more focus on hard-working part-time faculty members.

Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Cleveland, OH (US)

I have been working at Bryant & Stratton College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The administration always supports the faculty in their time of need. They offer flexible course schedules. The student-teacher ratio is wonderful, and it allows the faculty members to connect with students and give them full time and opportunity to master the materials taught in the courses. The courses allow faculty flexibility in making assignments.

Cons

There is too much administrative stuff going on. A lot of standardized tests and programs are implemented, at the cost of class time provided by instructors. Instructors who work part time are not rewarded for their hard work and effort with the students. Instructors who have clearly been failing to meet the necessary standards for student achievement fly under the radar and are not held accountable.

Compensation should be evaluated on a more regular basis. The administrative tests and programs should be implemented separately on student time by a proctor and not take away from valuable class time.

Appreciation goes a long way!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I worked at Bryant & Stratton College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly faculty and staff who have a passion for what they do
    Sound curriculum
    Accreditation

Cons

Admissions is the "golden" department, and the majority of our all associate meetings focus on praising them.
    Benefits are high in cost and low in coverage
    Unethical managers
    Leaders who do not build relationships with their teams
    Salary is not in compensation for all of the required tasks
    The culture has changed over the many years I was employed here. It went from a family atmosphere to a "dog-eat dog-world"!

Management,
    I was employed at Bryant & Stratton for many years. At one time I looked forward to coming to work. This definitely changed for me and the majority of my co-workers. We were expected to retain a high number of students, but the admissions standards and tactics are unethical and deplorable! There needs to be a focus of attracting students who desire a higher education, and not just a refund check. When management makes decisions, it is imporant to consider how it affects the employees who are actually doing the job. Retention is a campus wide directive not just the focus of one department. Employees salaries should be a representation of all their assigned duties. Furthermore, a closer eye needs to be placed on the doings of certain department managers. It is "do what I say, not what I do"!!