CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired(in 23 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company(in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks(in 18 reviews)

awesome

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people great opportunities awesome

Consmanageable but steep working code

Advice to Senior Managementgood

I love this place

ProsThis place has a great friendly, but business attitude. As long as you get your work down there is time to laugh and play. Some senior managers are here to help you and pull you to the top!

ConsSome people dont enjoy seeing others move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the communication open and want the best for each employee

Senior REM position at Asset Services Los Angeles

Senior Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsGreat people with a lot of property management experience, great clients and great properties. You get to work with top notch asset managers at all major institutional investors.

ConsPortfolio people are stretched thin. There is a big difference in responsibility for portfolio people versus single asset teams. Plus pay for non-reimbursed people is usually lower than for reimbursed people (at all levels).

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior leadership (especially outside LA) should visit the properties more often and listen o rank and file what the issues are. Most senior leaders have never managed a property in their life (they are mostly ex-brokers). They need to understand where and how the money is made.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company but management style depends on the account. Apparently no oversight from HQ,

Facility Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsGood people at the grass-roots level. Prior to taking a position, try to talk to a current employee on that specific account.

ConsNon-communicative management on certain accounts, no correction or attention from above. BUT, that depends on the account, some have really great leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood time to spend some budget on 360-Feedback. They tout Respect but there was very little from Senior Mgt towards those who actually did face time with the client. Smoke and mirrors.

Good company to work for, but have to put in a lot of effort to be noticed.

Operating Engineer (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros-Have some very solid leadership in place in some areas.
    -Great parties and gatherings.
    -Very good company and platform.

Cons-Work load can be heavy at times, and will not be compensated for it.
    -You have to make sure that management notices the amount of work and effort you are putting in.
    -Vacation time was not great previously, but they have addressed the issue more or less.
    -Limited growth path.

Advice to Senior Management-Be more open to employee ideas and suggestions, instead of having the attitude of "we're management, and we know better.
    -Stop the rampant nepotism.

Do not feel appreciated as a fellow employee....

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsCBRE remote program....Community involvement initiatives. ...

ConsIf allowed, no work life balance....Field teams (fellow CBRE employees are demanding, disrespectful, and don't want to do their job lack of adequate IT support...

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace some emphasis on acquiring and retaining top talent.....in the long run, you will have spent more because of the high turnover...

Good experience except low pay

Office Leasing Executive (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsMy colleagues (from other departments) are my main reason for staying. Besides this, there isn't much job promotion.

ConsNo support from the management and HR Department to the employees. No development opportunities and no visionary thinking. No incentive and appreciation given to employees for the effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen more doors and appreciate the employees more.

Good company to work for

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood employee benefits and vacation

ConsHarder for people in entry level positions to advance. Most leaders are recruited as managers and executives from competing firms.

Advice to Senior ManagementOperations management should pay more attention to cultivating an engaging work environment

Great experience in an established, corporate atmosphere.

Client Services Coordinator (Former Employee)

ProsThe culture will depend on the team you're working with. In general, it's a pretty laid back but professional environment. There are a lot of holidays per a banking schedule. Easy work life balance.

ConsThe environment is very clique oriented. If you're in a marketing position, it's great for new graduates but not a lot of room for growth unless you get on the corporate team. A lot of blatant favoritism, based on if you're in the good ol' boys club. Promotions seem to be based on personal standing more than your work.

Just OK

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsMostly good people, I'm lucky to have good managers.

ConsSalary and benefits are lacking, especially compared to how often they boast about being profitable. Have more flexible working options. Going into an office everyday to "show face" is no longer necessary, we can work from anywhere. Technology is severely lacking. Systems are often down and slow.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more to get more.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!