CBS Outdoor Reviews

Updated 28 August 2014
Updated 28 August 2014

2.4

Wally C. Kelly

The pay and potential were good, but i did not care for the company culture in the Berkeley office.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you want to keep your nose down, do your job, and leave at 4:45/5pm - this could be a decent place for you.

Cons

If you like to drink large amounts of alcohol and brag about it on Monday morning, this is an ideal culture for you.

Culture could use a few more mature souls.

AE

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and coworkers. They love to have meeting about meeting. Selling time is restricted.

Cons

Management wants to constantly change things. Including rates and client policies. This does not set well with business owners.

Roll your sleeves up and try doing some work. Maybe then you will know why thing happen the way they do. When you have a Sales Manager that does nothing but want to tell everyone how great he is and that he trained the trainer. What a joke!

I have been working at CBS Outdoor

Pros

Stocks. and 401 K

Cons

favortism w/ the managers, discrimination

Your managers should not show favoritism w/ their subordinates. You have several managers that place their favorites in an office just for them, after two minorities were removed, this occurred after renovations in the office. It is a very uncomfortable admosphere.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good old boy network…

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Descent experience overall,ability to network with a variety of business owners, great personalities to work with, excellent graphic design artist,fortune 500 company

Cons

Senior management receives largest accounts, major accounts are distributed amongst favorites, "sink or swim" type of environment, employees prefer a specific person to deal with overall in management hierarchy, uncomfortable office with awkward location.

Consider being more open minded overall, don't assume everyone thinks your jokes are funny and don't take it personal when someone doesn't find you humorous, you should appreciate candidness and not reward deceitfulness, understand that simply because an individual isn't married with children doesn't entitle you to assume their life outside of work is less important or more convenient, try not to be as condescending and understand that ice in Texas is not at all normal…

Great internship experience!

Current Employee - Office/Game-Day Intern  in  Baton Rouge, LA (US)
    Current Employee - Office/Game-Day Intern in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I have been working at CBS Outdoor as an intern for more than a year

Pros

Working with LSU Sports Properties as an intern has provided me with a lot of experience in the sports industry. I've learned so many new things to help me through a career in sports such as working on recaps and working with sponsors.

Cons

The biggest challenge for me was putting aside my thoughts of how others were working and just getting through my work in the best way possible.

Interact more with interns.

ok

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

liked the work in the past

Cons

bad management needs to learn to be more openminded

I like working for CBS Outdoor, I have learned a lot about outside sales.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Stockton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Stockton, CA (US)

I have been working at CBS Outdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

You create your own schedule, you have flexibility on who to call on and you create your success!

Cons

The company is changing and there is a lot of uncertainty of what will happen to the industry in the Northern California area.

Awful?

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time

Pros

Aside from any management, great people.

Cons

I don't know where to start. You would think that with a company like this, there would be some relationship between position and competence. Like a manager should know how to use a question mark in a sentence, or not make up words, or not say that their best skill is delegating. Unfortunately, that's not the case at all. I could really go on a rant here, but I’ll be brief. If you want to be in sales, there’s no training, so good luck. If you want a career path, it won’t happen unless you’re in sales and can network with the right guys. If you’re in anything other than a sales role, there’s no training and no opportunity for growth. I really like the people I worked with, but this company was a depressing dead end that was a total void in my career.

I worked at CBS Outdoor

Pros

Decent experience if you can survive a "sink or swim" type of environment. Ok money to be made even if you're not appreciated for the effort. As long as you're generating results you can advance into sales management (if you can stand working for one of the company's senior managers)

Cons

Ex-athlete senior management are less than intelligent, spiteful bullies. The East Coast Senior Vice President excels at management through harassment, interrogation and humiliation. Avoid working in one of his East Coast markets for sure. Totally unprofessional management approach.

Treat people like humans and not as disposable assets. Get rid of the bullying atmosphere. Invest in your staff and encourage them with positive feedback, adopt a zero tolerance policy of harassment and enforce it, even if it's the company's senior managers.

The best Job I've held to this point.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  New Orleans, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New Orleans, LA (US)

I worked at CBS Outdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exceptional leadership provided by management. Laid back environment at the office, and every employee knows one another like a family member. That experience was so amazing because of the people who run and work in that office.

Cons

Limited inventory of billboard locations.

Keep up the great work and thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with such a great group of individuals. Thanks also for spending the extra time outside of work to try to help me succeed.

Worked for CBS Outdoor? Contribute to the Community!