CNH Industrial N.V.

CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews

Updated Apr 09, 2014

CNH Industrial N.V. President and CEO Richard Tobin

Richard Tobin

Pros:
  • "The benefits and the pay is good"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Benefits are good compared to other like companies"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very undfriendly work environment"
    in 5 reviews
  • "A lot of ideas to become world class are slowed or stopped by managment playing musical chairs"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

work in progress

Technical Writer (Former Employee)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent product line, intensive engineering systems, well-defined management structure. CNH's engineering management systems were intensive enough to handle a diverse product line and provide all sorts of data access to writers/technicians and engineers.

ConsThe company, especially the publications department, seemed bent on quashing any sort of creativity. They saddled the writers with a cumbersome tool and had a "my way or the highway" attitude about trying to streamline the process or make any changes that would improve the output. They created manuals that contained some useful info, but it was buried in a structure that ultimately made it useless to the customer.

Advice to Senior Managementbuild on the esprit d' corps of your brand's history and get employees on board with product improvement. Show them that their opinions count and that they can make a difference. I've worked in many industries and this is the most Taylorism-oriented engineering unit I've seen since my steel mill days in the 80's.

Engine Installation Engineer

Engineer (Current Employee)
Turin (Italy)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than a year

ProsOpportunity to improve your skills

ConsNo possibilities to increase your career

it was an aweful experience

Receiver (Former Employee)
Lebanon, IN (US)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIf you can find them the employees the majority will stab u in the bacl or go to hr and make up stories the good ones are hidding behind they fear of being found out they are the good ones

ConsThe management they demean every one bully employees threaten them every day and the work envirement sucks they put on a show when the bossses come but every dau its like a sweat shop type atmosphere. You have gambling going on emplyees making out on 3rd shift out back talking on cellphones while driving forklifts and never looking where they are going

Advice to Senior Managementquit because really the employees are the only way you are working you have no clue how to run a business

Work

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V.

ProsCNH has a great company atmosphere

ConsCNH does not have much room for growth

Pathetic Salary and vacation policy absolutely clueless HR

Engineering (Current Employee)
Blue Ball, PA (US)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBrand name,401K,medical benefits.Exposure to working of large organisation and complex product line

Cons-No salary raises
-Vacation policy from 1882 era

ProsSome good people
-Health Insurance
-Dental Insurance
-Life Insurance

Cons-Management is very poor.

-Bully/harass employees instead of being helpful.(EX. NEW rule as of 10/4/13, CLEAN your area constantly or you follow this process - 1. a ticket, 2. 3 days off, and 3. get fired) B.S.

-Make employees do jobs they were not hired for or trained in.

-If you disagree with Management, you are fired.

-Too many tiers of management for company.

-No respect from management to employees!!

-Supervisors that don’t know how to supervise.

-World Class Manufacturing? Waste of money!!!!

-Unsafe place to work!!

-Worried more about quantity than quality!

-Always running out of parts!!!!

-Paying suppliers late or not at all!

-Lots of promises they never deliver on!!!!

-Very bureaucratic!!

-Vacation is frozen for use in July, when company is shut down!!

-Employee morale is VERY VERY low!!!

-Lots of red tape!!!

-If you are strong willed, don’t work here!! You are to sit back and just take the abuse!!!

-High employee turnover!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up!!! Look around!! Listen to your employees!!! Even if you are in charge, does not make you right all the time!!!! Treat your employees with respect and get over yourself!!! Instead of bitching at the employees or staring at them to get them to move faster, jump in and help!! Hire from within!! Then management would know how things really work on the floor. A company is supposed to work as a team!!

Plant manger with no clue

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay and bonus structure is above average for the area. Workers on shop floor are eager to help with continuous improvement projects.

ConsThe plant management has no direction and is self-serving. They think they are much smarter than they really are. Napoleon complex.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo into politics where backstabbing and lies are common place. Watch your back you might find a knife in it.

usually woke up in a good mood until i hit the doors of cnh

Assocciate (Former Employee)
Lebanon, IN (US)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros401k,vacation,medical benefits,basically it,s a paycheck & insurance coverage

Consunrealistic producttion rates to the job properly,more into quantity vs.quality.repeating everything in spanish offer 1 time english classes,after that no more translation we don,t do it for all ethnics ? why just 1.rather give an asociate a lateral move to a position that involves no pay increase than a qualified associate.eliminating shifts & positions thererfore decreasing pay,no raises,everyone should recieve a raise not just the majority the one,s who don,t have topped out at there pay level should be across the board raise despite how long you,ve been there advancing associates without job postings.

Advice to Senior Managementrevert back to 3rd.party logistics running it,communicate with employees on business updates thru scheduled all employee meetings.eliminate the employee satisfaction survey or take it to heart & make changes otherwise it,s a waste of time.

Great people and work experience, but lacking on reward structure

Design Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood people and Engineering education during work, exciting and rewarding projects, and you're helping agriculture.

ConsFiat-ownership means zero annual raises, so you can only get a raise via a promotion or changing jobs. There is not a strong culture of communicating with the employees about career planning and advancement. The promotion process is not transparent and management does a poor job of keeping employees abreast of what's happening. I didn't quite realize how lacking it was until I moved on and my next employer was so keen on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's amazing how hard people will work when rewarded fairly. Annual raises need to be an option, and a more clear employee development program.

expeditor (contracted) from Mid-State Technical

Expeditor (Former Employee)
Goodfield, IL (US)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. as a contractor for less than a year

Proshours where great. People where nice laid back. Was given positive feedback daily. Pay was great.

ConsWas contracted from day 1 was told that would be a contract to hire. was told daily they where very happy with my work and that they are working on making me permanent they got very good feedback from my former coworkers who where now employed by CHN. After 4 weeks I was called by my recruiter told that they cancelled my contract do to the fact I wasnt a team player and I didnt do my job well. I busted my butt and my work showed it as well I worked side by side with several people daily and we all got along great.

Advice to Senior Managementbe honest with your employees...dont tell them one thing to there face the another behind a persons back. You could really ruin a persons chance of getting placed into another job.

Worked for CNH Industrial N.V.? Contribute to the Community!

CNH Industrial N.V. – Why Work for Us?

CNH Industrial is a multinational company that is structured to carry out design, manufacturing, distribution, commercial and financial activities in international markets. Through its brands, CNH Industrial operates… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CNH Industrial N.V. reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for CNH Industrial N.V. CEO Richard Tobin. All 131 reviews are posted anonymously by CNH Industrial N.V. employees.