CNH Industrial N.V. Reviews

Updated 24 April 2015
239 reviews filtered by

Employees should also count

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Racine, WI (US)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Older employees that are willing to mentor and share knowledge make the company a good place for someone starting out.

Cons

If you are passionate about a job this is not the place for you. The only thing that matters is making management look good. There is a lot of bureaucracy and game playing as well as favoritism. Moral is incredibly low and people are waiting to get cut so the bottom line still looks "good" to the shareholders.

Advice to Management

Look around and see what you are doing to the company with such aloof management. You speak of having pride in the heritage but soon it will be the only thing to have pride in. Make the employees feel as though they are as important as the financials.

2. Assembler

Current Employee - Assembler in Racine, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Assembler in Racine, WI (US)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V.

Pros

easy work..clean building..its not a bad job if you can somehow overlook the management and how they treat you

Cons

management is horrible..employees suggestions get thrown away and the "i'm the boss and i say this" saying is used..overtime that isnt needed is forced on employees

3. The Benson, MN branch is a has-been. Extremely high turnover rate and low moral.

Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Benson, MN (US)
    Former Intern - Manufacturing Engineer in Benson, MN (US)

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, the largest "pro" was knowing the internship would be over within 3 months.

Cons

Poor work life balance, very low employee moral.

Advice to Management

By the time this sentence is read, all of management will be replaced by new people who will, in turn, be replaced by even newer people.

No raises no promotions. Little hope.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to take on more and varied responsibilities.

Cons

The meritocracy system at CNH Industrial states that if you are making more than the industry average for your grade level you will not be allowed to receive a raise. But that matters little since you will not receive a raise anyways. If you accomplish all of the goals that were given to you in a year and do them well you will not receive a raise.

I have not met anyone working at CNH for less than 6 years who has received a raise.

Advice to Management

I know that the policies at CNH Industrial are not good and that there is little you can do about it. I would just ask that you be honest with your employees.

6. Fruitful Internship

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V.

Pros

Nice and helpful environment and colleagues,

Cons

Not much challenging problems, mainly engineering work. Not research.

7. Good company to work at.

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V.

Pros

Good for starters, you learn a lot.

Cons

slow pace , outdated processes.

Not a happy place right now

Current Employee - Engineer in Burr Ridge, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Burr Ridge, IL (US)

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent health benefits and 401k match. The 401k match is good if you can survive long enough to get vested.
    Unlimited free coffee from the cafeteria.

Cons

Morale is low. This company does not value the employees very much. Pay has been frozen for many years and you will not get a raise unless you receive a promotion (which can be extremely difficult to come by). Since my salary never changes, I feel like I am getting a pay cut every year, on top of the pay cut I naively took to come work for CNH. HR tries to put a positive spin on the fact that "we don't do annual merit increases" but nobody buys it. Talent may be difficult to attract and retain going forward.
    Employee development is not emphasized. Training opportunities are negligible.
    Currently employees are on edge due to budget cuts. Poor communication as upper management seems to care only about quarterly results and not about the long term.
    This is essentially an Italian company and at times it seems like the leadership in the US has very little control.

Advice to Management

Try to retain the well-performing employees that are there. Honesty with employees would go a long way. Take away the 9-box annual review system which places employees on the same team in competition with each other. The bonus should be a smaller percentage of annual pay and be more transparent. Install annual merit increases, even if small, and it will take away some of the pain of the yearly cost of living increases. When aligning salaries, recognize that the Chicagoland area has a higher cost of living than CNHi's more rural locations.

Don't even think about getting a job with CNHi

I have been working at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Head office in Chicago Area , Except that there is noting good about this compnay

Cons

No accountability, Management lacks leadership & Employees have no respect for each other and no morals, Starting from COO of this company all the directors make no sense at all in their decision making. Every employee of this company so insecure about their position. CNHi is still surviving on legacy products. Its just a matter of time before EPA will be on CNHi's back about Tier 4 products and their failures rates

Advice to Management

CEO ( Mauro Marchionni) smokes cigarettes in Head office building around his employee's inside the conference room( its illegal in USA ) but nobody complains about because everybody is scared of and that's the he wants to run the business. I just do not what advise to give this management.

OK company with rapidly changing needs

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, benefits, opportunities for training and promotion.

Cons

Rapidly changing business environment with structuring changes leading to downsizing and move of factories to foreign countries that cost less to operate than US based factories. Be careful that your position and location are secure.

11. Design Engineer Intern

I worked at CNH Industrial N.V.

Pros

Had a lot of good projects to work on, always kept me busy. Gave real life problems that actually benefited the company.

Cons

Was mostly design work, would've been nice to have more hands on projects as well.

Advice to Management

The management did a great job, felt like the other engineers while on internship.

CNH Industrial N.V. Photos