CVS Caremark Reviews

2,992 Reviews

CVS Caremark President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,061 Ratings

Pros
  • Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 93 reviews)

• Good benefits for part time employees, flexible schedules around school (in 93 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 145 reviews)

• that isn't a bad thing from a customer service standpoint but it can be stressful (in 130 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Career Scope and Great Place for Sincere Employees
    I have been working in QA Info Tech for the past three years.

Current Employee - Software Testing Manager  in  Noida
    Current Employee - Software Testing Manager in Noida

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great working environment where people mean serious business. All employees are very cooperative and skilled, which helps an employee to grow. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend who wants a defined growth in his/her career.

Cons

Frankly speaking, I don't find any downside working here.

Already doing a good job and expect to keep maintaining that. Just try to look into the employee policies.

Massive workload with fair compensation

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Woonsocket, RI (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Personally challenging, impact to healthcare and day-to-day experiences of patients/customers lives.

Cons

Bureaucratic, slow decision-making, culture mired in old ways despite advertising to the contrary. front-line workers and managers have dwindling resources

Invest back into the frontline, customer-facing folks. Evaluate long-time executives, directors and managers who don't walk the talk. Prioritize the customer first, employee second and Wall Street last - you've got it backwards today.

Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Brandon, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Brandon, FL (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pay is good and the 401k is also good. Bonus can be good and insurance is OK.

Cons

No payroll to support stores. Many store are often staffed with only one cashier and a manager - when the cashier goes on lunch it's only the manager on duty.

Put the needed payroll in the stores to support customer service - sales and workload.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great experience, taught me more than just being a shift manager

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor B  in  Newport News, VA (US)
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Newport News, VA (US)

I worked at CVS Caremark full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, hours are great, my store manager was always teaching us something new to learn.

Cons

Can only take time off on non blackout dates.

If the schedule could be done a month in advance would be convenient to be able to plan out our lives.

It wasn't too bad

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate  in  Fair Lawn, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Fair Lawn, NJ (US)

I worked at CVS Caremark part-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about working here was the flexible hours, if you talk to your manager they can help you sort a good schedule for yourself. Also the regular customers are amazing.

Cons

Retail always comes with drama, CVS is not excluded from this. It becomes annoying after a while. Also the drunk people that come in and the people that smell like cigarettes, which is just about everyone in that area.

They should play close attention to the people that aren't always kissing their behinds, because those are the people that are actually getting things done !

Staff Pharmacist at CVS Pharmacy

Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist  in  Garland, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Staff Pharmacist in Garland, TX (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark full-time for more than a year

Pros

compensation, hours, decent benefits including insurance, 401k,

Cons

Lack of technician hours, demanding and rude customers

Benefits are awesome.

Awesome

I have been working at CVS Caremark

Pros

Growth, opportunities, Talent, caring, diversity, technology

Cons

it is a Traditional company

In my experience, great and accomodating

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, depends on which store you work at, hiring process and transfers are not difficult

Cons

High turn over rate but other than that, I've had no negative experiences

training websites, modules, and overall website needs to be easier to use.

Great Customers, Co-Workers and Supervisors not Concerned with Shared Responsibility

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid training. Decent pay opportunities. Amazing customers for the most part. Reasonable expectations. I love what I do. I love being a pharmtech.

Cons

I hate when I only have 2 hands and 1 body and the other 10 hands and 5 bodies in the pharmacy are more concerned with what they want to do than what the customer's in front of us need. Or when someone who is merely older than someone, with the exact same job title, feels they are an authority figure over the younger persons, despite the fact that they don't even do their own job--They have no right to correct others or attempt to outsource their duties to others out of laziness.

Make it clear that this is a TEAM effort, no 1 individual can do it all, though the pharmacist has the daily challenge to try.. But the pharmacy technicians are support staff, so find and hire those with a team-oriented mindset, those who want to work on their own without being customer-focused need to go work in a cubicle where their terrible customer service and people-person skills aren't hurting the reputation of the whole store when others are going out of their way constantly to make every customer's experience a positive one. You can't win them all, but if you're going to try to, you need a whole TEAM to do it, not a couple of superstars to carry the weight of the slackers. Thanks for all you do, management!

Love the work, Hate the management.

Current Employee - Order Picker  in  Chemung, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Order Picker in Chemung, NY (US)

I have been working at CVS Caremark part-time for less than a year

Pros

I lost 10 pounds the first month, despite eating everything I had the time to eat. The job is fun and coworkers are mostly able to work together and have a good time. However, your coworkers change so fast you can't be expected to learn their names! For people without a family or social life, there is fabulous opportunity for overtime. But it is mandatory so don't think you can choose to sometimes get to know your children.

Cons

There is no life/ work balance to be found at CVS. Mandatory 12 hour days and LOTS of Saturdays means no seeing your children grow up. Turnover is very high because people get burnt out so quickly. Of course, then Management is constantly whining about the turnover rate and blaming us for streaming out the door in order to catch a glimpse of our families. When you tell management that you are willing to give them a mere 50 hours per week, they preach blanket policies at you and say that even though they NEED people in there working, you may only work 25 hours as a part timer. Because that is your only option- part time at 25 hours or full time at 60 to 72 hours.

There are good workers at your company. If you could find a way to treat them a little better and give them what they have earned and deserve, you MIGHT keep them for longer than the initial burnout period. Stop turnover by giving in first. It WON'T hurt.

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!