CVS Health Reviews

3,214 Reviews

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,186 Ratings

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements make for a manageable work / life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 105 reviews)

Cons
  • It's difficult to maintain a good work/life balance, especially around the holidays (in 62 reviews)

• Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 162 reviews)

More Highlights

Good Career Scope and Great Place for Sincere Employees
    I have been working in QA Info Tech for the past three years.

Current Employee - Software Testing Manager in Noida
    Current Employee - Software Testing Manager in Noida

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment where people mean serious business. All employees are very cooperative and skilled, which helps an employee to grow. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend who wants a defined growth in his/her career.

Cons

Frankly speaking, I don't find any downside working here.

Already doing a good job and expect to keep maintaining that. Just try to look into the employee policies.

Fast paced job, with lots of tasks to accomplish

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, very flexible with scheduling, good training program.

Cons

Lots of paper work that get in your way of being able to spend quality time on the sales floor. You work with very small teams for your shift, usually just you and a cashier.

Not bad only if you can handle it

Former Employee - Pharmacist
    Former Employee - Pharmacist

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable pay and benefit, big company

Cons

Numbers driven guilt culture very defeating

Working for CVS pharmacy.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

CVS is really great for the community. They always have the best interest of people in mind. They always attempt to raise funds for many great charities like ALS

Cons

CVS recently discontinued selling tobacco products which actually is one of their pros, but they continue to sell alcohol products claiming that there are health benefits. To a certain point I agree that there are some benefits to drinking red wine for example, but I think there more harmful effects of alcoholic beverages than good. There employee expectations are way too high. They expect one person to do the same amount of work as two or three people in other places where I have worked. Employees are In such a hurry to get things done that quality work has gone down the drain. Customer service is also hurt by the lack of help.

Increase the available hours for employee hours in the store. This will increase production and more employees on the sales floor will improve customer service. Happy customers will increase sales.

Store Manager in resignation

Current Employee - CVS Store Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)
    Current Employee - CVS Store Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Stability and Generally it is not as hard as complexed as other retail operations. You are Store Manager but you are mainly in charge of Grocery and HBC which is 20% business and you act as support and secretary with the stuff they need.

Cons

You are manager on paper unless you are in 24 hour store with bigger payroll. If you are not you will likely have one cashier and yourself in the building plus RX stuff. Which means you will have to do everything by yourself, including planograms, cleaning, facing up, dealing with all kind of issues, taking out trash, banking, deposits and all financials, build displays and so on. There is very little delegation.
    If you are not of RX background, Store Manager is probably as far that you can go up.

Put more hours in the store, especially that you are making a lot of money.

I have learned a lot of useful skills but it is very fustrating and under staffed.

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Flexible schedule, employee discount

Cons

Stressful and never really trained properly

We are not all capable of doing it all. No more pcq calls and better communication among employees.

cashier

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

its a good start up job

Cons

need to hire more people to a shift

Depends

Current Employee - Head Cashier
    Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The ideas and goals are all great! They really want the best for their employees and their customers.

Cons

The strictness of the company makes some too quick to want to break the rules.

More training should be done with employees. Maybe something along the lines of paid 1 hour training once every 3-6 months on the most recently occurring issues?

NO LOVE LOST ON EITHER SIDE

Former Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Cashier Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I worked at CVS Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Extra Care and discounts was the best thing overall other than that nothing really

Cons

long hours and hard work for little to no pay or acknowledgment of employees work habits

HIRE FAIR AND HONEST MANAGEMENT NOT PEOPLE YOU PICKED UP OF THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY OR AT A GROCERY STORE OR BECAUSE THEY HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER ON THE BOARD.

As a high school/college job, it was great for me.

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Wilkes-Barre, PA (US)

I worked at CVS Health part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working as a shift supervisor was a decent job to get me through college. The hours were flexible to work around my schedule. If you have a decent manager, the training is great and you won't be thrown into something you aren't ready for.

Cons

Sometimes you may have more to do then possible because the hours are often few and far between so sometimes the crew is shorthanded. The pay is usually minimum wage, and the promotions and raises are once yearly. I can't imagine working there for life, but it was a good first job!

The store needs to have enough hours to run it! You can't imagine that we can get the amount of stuff done with the amount of time given.