Cablevision Systems
www.cablevision.com Bethpage, NY 5000+ Employees

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan

James L. Dolan

Pros:
  • "Great benefits combined with 9-5 hours create a great work life balance"
    in 36 reviews
  • "Free cable (if you live in Cablevision area) Great health benefits, gym onsite, onsite cafeteria was not bad"
    in 30 reviews
Cons:
  • "The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional"
    in 15 reviews
  • "A lot of customer service calls and mid level managers are very negative"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to work!

Team Leader Technical Support (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery good place to work, good people and great benefits!

ConsLack of growth, training and motivation, very slow career growth!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore guidance and training will be better!

Decent place to work and great benefits

Manager (Former Employee)
Bethpage, NY (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits package, tend to pay higher than most local companies, good group of people to work with overall and local (if you live on LI).

ConsOverworked, upper management needs to get down in the trenches more instead of sitting on their perch, a lot of department managers moved their way up due to years with the company (not that they are necessarily capable of doing the job), no formal training as you move up in management and major politics

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many managers there are interested in themselves only, not what's best for the company. There is growth opportunity in the revenue generating portion of the business, but growth is stifled in the Corporate environment - needs to be looked at for advancement instead of 'restructuring'.

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cablevision Systems as an intern for less than a year

ProsFair hours
Fair pay
Good culture and nice people
Good sales training
No discrimination and good moral behavior

ConsWork was not challenging or engaging, this was my biggest problem. I felt as if I was being under utilized.

Great interacting with customers and making new friends with my peers. Large company!

Technical Support Representative III (Former Employee)
Jericho, NY (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThey have processes and procedures for everything. Which is great since many companies are all over the place!
Great benefits, ability to move up in the company;
Paid holidays.
Great atmosphere - open.
Experience with dealing with customers is great and fun!
I really enjoyed this job, despite some difficulties at that time, I was advised recently that things have changed.

ConsLost my job because I was on disability (and FMLA). When I filed a complaint, I was advised that if my doctor provided a return to work date, I would not have been laid off. Not Nice!
I want to come back, I was there 4 years (ended in 2009), but they added a 60 credits or college degree requirement which I don't have. Even though I know I can still do the job they advised me that I would have to get a degree, and would not hire me back even though I was there 4 YEARS.
--Kissing *ss helps at this job, unfortunately, I'm not too great at that.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire me back. I'm a great employee. I did not lose my job because of job performance. OH, and I love the company. It annoys me every time I see a truck or commercial that I am no longer associated with the company.

The worst management fail to trust and don't respect employees.

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits. Free cable .

ConsWorst management. Favoritism in the workplace

Advice to Senior ManagementFavoritism in the workplace have no chance to build a culture of trust.

Customer service rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Jericho, NY (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than a year

ProsHealth benefits open 24 hours

ConsMgrs aren't honest about changes

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees more

Horrible

I worked at Cablevision Systems

ProsLocation great benefit packages for employee

ConsLot's of nepitism everyone is related

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing Good to say about them

Takes full advantage of employees, then tosses them.

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat benefits, 401K, free cable, internet, and phone. Good salaries.

ConsPoor management. While exempt employees work endless hours to bring projects on-time, management does not appreciate it. Worse, management shows favoritism. And when employees have given 24 years of loyal and satisfactory service, they are laid off without a second thought. I loved the company, and my work, but the fact that many long-term colleagues and I were laid as we got older has left a very bitter taste. The company's values have changed for the worse, and I could no longer recommend it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more closely at middle management, and perhaps have an audit of employees' work.

Horrible upper management!

Technical Support Representative Tier II (Former Employee)
Shelton, CT (US)

I worked at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat benefits. Great health, dental and vision. And free Phone, TV and Internet if you are in the service area. Also a lot of discounts in many places, with monthly discounts for almost any major cell phone providers. Good physical work environment that is clean and bright.

ConsHorrible upper management. Managers micromanage to the point that they interfere with your everyday life. Inter-departmental communication is none existing. One department gets information while the other is left in the dark. Customer becomes irate when they speak to multiple departments and gets multiple answers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of all managers that have been in the same position for more than 5 years. They are too set in their ways and when something new comes down the pipes, they have no idea how to explain or teach anything new or different.

Family Values overshadowed by Corporatie views

Network Technician OSP Department (Current Employee)
Bronx, NY (US)

I have been working at Cablevision Systems full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSalary, Benefits, Technology Driven, tuition reimbursement, monthly events and promotions

ConsNo loyalty to long tenured employees after sustaining on job injuries

Advice to Senior ManagementRead Companies Values and Live Them

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Cablevision Systems Videos

Cablevision Systems – Why Work for Us?

Cablevision Systems Corporation is a leading telecommunications and media company with a portfolio of operations that includes a full suite of advanced digital television, voice and high-speed Internet services and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cablevision Systems reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Cablevision Systems CEO James L. Dolan. All 239 reviews are posted anonymously by Cablevision Systems employees.