Capco Reviews

276 reviews filtered by
3.4
Capco CEO Rob Heyvaert
Rob Heyvaert

Pros
  • Work life balance is pretty dependent on client, I saw both sides of that (in 8 reviews)

• Good knowledgeable colleagues to work with from whom one can learn a lot (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Glorified body shop that does staff augmentation work (in 13 reviews)

• You time off/ work life balance is the lowest priority (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

The energy is contagious!

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

The old saying, you get out of it what you put into it is absolutely true. After being "sold" to Capco last year I had to start over with a new company. I've had more praise, recognition, awards and opportunities in the past year than I had in the last 5 years at my previous company. The ability to get involved in areas that interest you is a great motivator and gives me the boost in my career that I didn't even realize was lacking.

I've seen first hand, the integrity of the Partners who have backed up employees against unrealistic expectations from a client.

Medical insurance policies offered come with a zero deductible.

Cons

If you struggle with networking, you will have a challenge.

There is a great deal of growth right now and at times it will seem disorganized. If you have little patience or require more rigor and structure, it might not be the right place for you. You will need to be more agile.

Advice to Management

Consider a re-leveling plan for employees who have been acquired after 6-12 months.

Just awesome

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just awesome
    Very inspiring
    Too many opportunities
    Awesome peers
    Brilliant projects

Cons

Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing Nothing

Advice to Management

Don't change it so often..

Capco India - Pathetic HR-Lack of good projects-no friendly environment

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Capco India- Less pressure jobs, some good managers, salary is ok. bit liberal log in and log out timings. Cabs are good

Cons

Freshers please stay away from this company. They have recently fired many freshers.
    Capco India- HR Team is real pathetic. There is no support from them and they do not even care what they promise.
    Lots of politics and favorism plays an important role here. Moreover the facility team head behaves as if he is the boss of the company, very arrogant and rude. There is no procedure for anything at all, it all depends how you maintain relationships with managers and HR!

Advice to Management

Capco India- Please include some male HRs in current HR team, except the head of HR, all others are just worthless to be there. they are not employee friendly, in fact i would call them rude. Your interview panel is also just not up to the mark. Why do you hire freshers whom you can not train properly and fire them ? Then there something wrong in your interview process that you are not hiring proper candidate. Some project managers are not good enough to be in that position. They just behave smart in front of you. Do one to one survey with internal employees directly

Great growing company to work with

Current Employee - Managing Principal in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Managing Principal in Bangalore

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Open culture with focus on Capital Market

Cons

Nothing that I can see

Advice to Management

None

Capco(FIS) is firing not hiring, don't get confused

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Bangalore
    Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at Capco as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

nothing, all rosy pictures at the time of interview don't believe

Cons

- Capco is aquired by FIS, there is a consolidation of company is going on, company(India) is filled with 3X more manages than required. Murex ship is shrinking.
    - They are firing people with unethical reasons like "you pissed that day incorrectly" (just an example, you will hear very silly reasons)
    - once you come in you will not have job for few months as pipeline is very weak, they will try to move you wrong fitment so that you can quit else they force you to quit
    - there are few bosses who are sitting and writing company rules every day as they are job less :):):) he he he
    - these guys who are sitting on top and jobless are really causing the pain to rest of the crowd.
    - innovation is zero, onsite openings zero, learning zero
    - company is moving more in to managed services mode where you will be put in to shifts around the clock
    - if you are technology guys never come near this company
    - if you are domain guy, think about joining Capco abroad, but for sure not Capco India
    - if you are manager, never ever join Capco India as you will become head counter every day in the morning and evening with not more than 10 heads you can count (every 10 people have one senior manager here) - no growth opportunity
    - Capco india is most crappiest I have ever seen in this segment of small scale companies
    - initial pay is good, then hike is as low as below 5%

Advice to Management

nothing

Not a good option unless you want to earn money whiling away time

Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good transport facilities. I do not see any other pros as the work is not competitive and you have to give in minimum 9 hours at office even though there is nothing much to do.

Cons

Lot of politics in management.
    Salary not competitive to position/role offered.
    Non-competitive projects if you come from a good service based organisation.
    No pipeline.
    Apart from no dress code and fruit-a-day offered for free, strict and non-flexible policies.

Advice to Management

Keep feedback from associates to HR confidential!! Try sensing the pulse of team on ground. No one likes politics and favouritism.

Recommend not to join

Former Employee - Consultant in Bangalore
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at Capco full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good reward if you can boss, don't have to work much, just please him

Cons

No proper management. Policies are not transparent. They keep on changing as per the requirement of the management.
    No proper career plan for the employee, can be asked to do anything irrespective of the expertise of the employee.

Advice to Management

Please be transparent with your policies and the assessment process. You will loose good employees otherwise.
    Please stop following Accenture with respect to policies.

Worst company to work for. Poor leadership, high politics, worst team mates and highly stupid team.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bangalore
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Bangalore

I worked at Capco full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can recall. I moved from large MNC to this company hoping some quality work and good environment to use my qualification. Instead, the projects here are mostly for high school kids. The people who work here are the most ignorant people i have ever met. Politics runs very high in the team and HRs are helpless and are no help to you.

I left the company within a month of joining.

Cons

-- Higher mangement is useless
    -- Team members are not very qualified (at least I can say that for Bangalore, India)
    -- Work is a call center job
    -- HR team is as good as not being there
    -- Better not to mention others

I left the job as soon as I joined. All the other team people I came in contact have the same vision.

Salary

Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore

I have been working at Capco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You need to help yourself to find the light in darkness

Cons

The salary is not tagged with the level you are at meaning it doesnot matter at what level you are in the company. It can vary from deep down in a pit to the limits of sky at the same level.

Advice to Management

Grow up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Nothing.Stay away form this company. It is a death trap for sincere hard working people.

Cons

Managers show favourtism.No value for sincere work.Only people who can oil the managers gets all the benefits

Advice to Management

Please treat the employedd impartaily , judje them by their work.