Cardinal Health

Cardinal Health Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Cardinal Health Chairman & CEO George S. Barrett

George S. Barrett

Pros
  • Good work-life balance and supportive of community causes (in 31 reviews)

• Good benefits, clean work environment, strong Management Team (in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • While encouraged, there will be times when work-life balance is not very balanced (in 20 reviews)

• poor work-life balance, long hours, management is ever-changing, lots of turnover (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Cardinal is a great company.

Territory Sales Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsExceptional training for new hires.
    Two national meetings a year in destination cities across the US
    Great place to learn about business
    Support from management is ideal. No micro managing
    Great benefits and PTO plan

ConsLots of travel
    Can often work much more than 40 hours a week
    Reliant on several different parts of the company in order to do your job

Overall very good - I was able to advance and gain a lot of experience.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) North Little Rock, AR (US)

ProsOpportunities, competitive pay, great benefits and flexible PTO

Consvery much a who you know organization on the call center level

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more closely at the individual and get control of some of the supervisors. They select their favorites and provide them with any and all perks to help them advance.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsThey provide an excellent benefit package. They are very charity oriented and offer multiple opportunities for employees to contribute to charitable causes locally and globally.

Conslarge organization and very diverse, sometimes it is difficult to execute appropriate changes in timely manner.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dedication and career advancement

Senior Specialist Field Service (Current Employee) Washington, DC (US)

ProsThe tasks may be difficult at times, but it is clear that everyone is dedicated to fulfilling our commitments to our customers. I have found that with dedication, the advancement is there. You may have to be willing to relocate to seek out that growth, but it is surely there.

ConsOur dedication to our commitments may at times interfere with life and work balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue leading us to success, continue seeking future leaders among the ranks.

Great Culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to work and i like the culture

Consnothing really to say about this internship

Cardinal Health is a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMy position with the company allowed great benefits, PTO and an competitive compensation.

ConsMissed opportunities for improved office culture.

Transitional Company

ProsGreat company to work for if you are already an employee. They give first preference to internal hires who are trying to move to another department.

ConsIf you not already an employee of Cardinal, it is hard to get an interview, especially right now with all of the transitions going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook more for outside candidates. They may add value and a different point of view on how things can be accomplished and same the company money.

was a great place to work many years ago

Territory Consultant (Former Employee)

Prosdecent benfits, ability to move up

Conswork life balance leans more towards the company although they tell you it's important to them, too many products in your bag and they pull you in 500 different directions; sales reporting changes every 2 years but they continue to use bits and pieces from previous systems. Each vp wants a different report and it's all manual work. Paper work is a entire other job from 4-12pm. They have higher base salaries than most companies but they will pull from that number in your % to plan. Not every GP$ is created equal so you could make the company a ton of money but if it's not in the right bucket you won't make any commission but still support the product line.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate your employees accordingly. once they get to the end of the stick and find out there is no carrot that's when people pack up and leave.

Sr. Financial Analyst

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Dublin, OH (US)

ProsPTO, Work life balance, talented people, most colleagues willing to sit with you to share knowledge (not manager) foster idea of collaboration.

ConsBeen with the company for 8 years and had 7 manager. Re-org constantly believing that will keep the company fresh and new but really more confusing with no clear sense of direction. Manager only care about their next opportunity not about your growth or development. You have to have friends and family membership to get a promotion. Individuals are hand selected to be shoe in- if you not in the club no point in applying for another position.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour emerge and lead participants are not the only candidate fit for the job. You have very talented people that are under utilized.

Overall positive but corporate is out of touch

IT Director (Current Employee)

ProsCompany values, lots of opportunities across the country, stable, most people are nice and upstanding

ConsThe bureaucracy is unreal. Corporate runs the show and won't listen to the people on the front lines. The pervasive attitude in IT is that whatever leadership says goes...even if it adversely impacts the field or customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou could dramatically increase the bottom line if you focused on increasing customer satisfaction. In the eyes of many customers we are not as great as Dublin wants us to believe.

Worked for Cardinal Health? Contribute to the Community!